Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

would be nice to drop to 5084 by close of play today just for a nice setup

Well it looks like our american friends don't give a damn about Libya and there wasn't any bounce when the US cash market opened. In fact it has gone down since the open. It retraced to 50% then went back down again and made a new low. For me the price action has been crap. After a good morning in the UK, I have barely broken even this afternoon. I got caught out by the surprise move back down at 15:51. Let's see what kind of shenanigoats go on into the 4:30pm cash close.

Crappy day today for me, got pummelled this morning before making some back around mid-day. Down 30pts overall.

Ah well, review the trades tonight and try again tomorrow!

the DOW is on form now but no rush yet I would want another price then expect a push in afternoon session, a hard push.

for the FTSE tomorrow I would prefer gap high partial close 1st hour then higher into the 1:30 time frame

Crappy day today for me, got pummelled this morning before making some back around mid-day. Down 30pts overall.

Ah well, review the trades tonight and try again tomorrow!

Latham - I got it the other way round. The morning session was good for me, especially when we got confirmation that it was a one way day up. The afternoon session was mixed. I was short most of the afternoon, but I got faked long at 15:51 and I ended up regretting it. I have struggled of late with the afternoon sessions and it can get really frustrating. Hang in there. Hopefully you get some good days to cover for the bad.

Manufacturing data tomorrow. It won't be a narrow range day, for sure.

Out of interest why is it you expected DOW to lag?

The DOW has not produced a Buy signal DOW has to hit a lower low whereas the FTSE has and if you want a reason for this just look at fundamentals the rally in the US has been largely a jobless one debt and worry over European defaults quite simply once Europe gets it in motion and provides leadership then the US will follow.

this morning looking as expected for the gap my thoughts are to fade the early move rather than the breakout the DOW targets remain in play from last night wouldnt want these too early premarket as would trigger selling. the FTSE targets will come later and initial calc gives 5204 and a low of 5114 but these may alter slightly after first hour

1st DOW target getting close will this put some downward pressure on the FTSE

the calc for the FTSE 2nd target is 5255 which would be some ride given the low target

anyone taking advantage of this early fade or just waiting for the long entry

The DOW has not produced a Buy signal DOW has to hit a lower low whereas the FTSE has and if you want a reason for this just look at fundamentals the rally in the US has been largely a jobless one debt and worry over European defaults quite simply once Europe gets it in motion and provides leadership then the US will follow.

Oh ok cool? Is it possible by any chance you can illustrate, say, on a chart how you determine a buy signal? Im intrigued thats all? Do you use an automated trading system...?

What do you mean by the line highlighted^ ? So is it a bull market back up then? Do you trade news?

Sorry for all questions, i`d be happy when you have a minute to elaborate on them!

Thanks

and Im sure I'll be joining you soon dick lexic although my preference is to turn @120 area on a spike willl do hence the few points away from target price

Oh ok cool? Is it possible by any chance you can illustrate, say, on a chart how you determine a buy signal? Im intrigued thats all? Do you use an automated trading system...?

What do you mean by the line highlighted^ ? So is it a bull market back up then? Do you trade news?

Sorry for all questions, i`d be happy when you have a minute to elaborate on them!

Thanks

I use a chart for historical price only and something to look at, I use price only and an old Texet desktop calculator and notepad, so it isnt automated far from it. Willl I show you how to do it with due respect no.

The markets need fresh money in but whilst there is rumour in Europe it wont come.

We are still in a Bull market. what makes you think we were in a bear market