Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

No not Good Morning SD !! There's a little man with an hammer upstairs in the Brain Cells............

Ok Shorts in Play as of last night still......

Correlation of what I'm looking at says we are going South this morning.........

using Tim Haefke method, E-mini bounced from 20day 50% fib, 5794 is ftse level, resistance appears to be 5841

friday pivots

buy 5794
sell 5790

both dow/ftse have gaps from yesterday on daily charts

Captain Pickards view

EUROPEAN OUTLOOK

As I discuss in this week’s main column, QE-driven rallies in equities typically start with a bang. However, the latest recoveries in the DAX and FTSE have so far been more whimper-like. The move off the lows has lacked genuine thrust, which needs to change pretty sharpish. Weaker rallies tend to be counter-trend affairs, so it is possible that there is more downside to come here, before we get the larger move upwards that I have been calling for. For now, my preference is for the US indices that have shown slightly more impetus in yesterday’s trade.

Click here for analysis of some leading equity indices.

Sorry I didn't notice your post last night...........
I imagine that most traders utilise charts a great deal more than I do, but we all have our own methods.........
The Guys that I learnt from originally told me to ignore them completely other than noting highs and lows, and to work off the factors that I posted last night in response to a post by Zorbas.

Everyone's different at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
The usd is normally quite strongly anti correlated with equity prices because in times of stress money goes into usd as it is the safe haven (being the world's reserve currency) and vice-versa (JPY also). The euro and aud are opposite and usually go up with stock prices.

So 'risk-on' means higher stocks, aud and usually euro and weaker usd. 'Risk-off' is the opposite obviously. Hard to say whether the equity or fx moves first, I think they are simultaneous as algo machines trade both at the same time.

The usd is normally quite strongly anti correlated with equity prices because in times of stress money goes into usd as it is the safe haven (being the world's reserve currency) and vice-versa (JPY also). The euro and aud are opposite and usually go up with stock prices.

So 'risk-on' means higher stocks, aud and usually euro and weaker usd. 'Risk-off' is the opposite obviously. Hard to say whether the equity or fx moves first, I think they are simultaneous as algo machines trade both at the same time.

thanks ads57

using Tim Haefke method, E-mini bounced from 20day 50% fib, 5794 is ftse level, resistance appears to be 5841

friday pivots

buy 5794
sell 5790

both dow/ftse have gaps from yesterday on daily charts

posted the above at 8:06am, FTSE bounced from 5793.65 (0.35 below the buy pivot 5794)

No not Good Morning SD !! There's a little man with an hammer upstairs in the Brain Cells............

Ok Shorts in Play as of last night still......

Correlation of what I'm looking at says we are going South this morning.........

Window dressing day:).

SP500 cash, last 20 fridays. weird

could be a coincidence

Attachments

• last 20 sp days.png
    last 20 sp days.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 112
Closed the Cac trade at 3446 for a 10 Profit.........
Dax and Ftse still open but looks a bit of a flat day in retrospect.........