Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning SD!

I'm +21 today with no mistakes and 'in' bearish from 5700 to get out c5690 although I suspect it will go lower.

BTW had a terrible practice day yesterday. Not just I got the low wrong, I lost the ability to be decisive and missed everything. It happened because I didn't know what was happening in the morning and my explanation had to add something to my method, and this lead to confusion later. For one thing I said there would not be support until 5608. Dick Lexic's June high call nailed it.

I got up to +20 on Monday and Tuesday mornings too, but later made a number of mistakes in a row. Two steps forward, one back.

This 'bear flag' is taking its time. If it spikes up then plummet that would be annoying...

Not often I read too many Spread Betting Websites but thought the following link was rather good especially the Trading FAQ's sub section...........

Concise information in my opinion. Apologies if many have read before......

What is Spread Betting?

Hi Dick,

Which volume do you refer to ? How do you see the volume ?

sorry zorbas i thought you were asking how i use it but i think you were asking where i got it from

see below

Attachments

• volume.gif
    volume.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
the pivots are not special they simple give a line in the sand to trade around, for instance u can use yesterdays level on the 7day ma as a pivot it works very well, i find pivots on sp500 and convert them to levels in the FTSE ratio 4.0092

there are standard pivots live camarilla and others but i create custom pivots so my orders will be unique

yesterdays 7day ma on sp500 gives us a ftse level of 5638 bullish above bearish below

Great thanks for that!

Hey Suddendeath - How are you figuring out your pivots? I was trying to work it out last night, but failed. You had mentioned that you had it pegged against the S&P?

have u watched the video i posted many months ago about a legendary trader talking about how to use pivots?

I think the reverse will kick in at 5682. This is the top of the range we broke out of earlier this morning. Sometimes the reverse occurs from this exact price, other times it flags and goes through, other times it blasts right through. I think this time the price will work, if not maybe we'll get a head and shoulders with the low somewhere above 5667. The main point is I'm bullish.

bustech u watch this?
[Thanks SD

Sometimes I watch, but not today.
Media can conflict your trading ideas.
I do watch that channel most morning my time, US close.
They talk with traders from the CME in Chicago and Wall street in New York.
Like to listen to them, because are living and breathing the markets each day,
That video you posted on William Greenspan is very good, everyone on this blog should watch.
Told samirs they are long Gold going into ECB and NFP.

Draghi-day has dawned.

We have a fair idea about what is going to be announced – if the leaks are to be believed we should expect unlimited, sterilised purchases at the short-end, no yield caps, conditionality and a solution to seniority - but there are plenty of grey areas remaining.

Cardiff put together a nice little cheat sheet with some questions we hope get answered and a few others elbowed some opinions in too.

Nouriel Roubini gave some bullet pointed thoughts:.............

FT Alphaville » Pre-Draghi red herrings and guesses

bustech u watch this?
[Thanks SD

Sometimes I watch, but not today.
Media can conflict your trading ideas.
I do watch that channel most morning my time, US close.
They talk with traders from the CME in Chicago and Wall street in New York.
Like to listen to them, because are living and breathing the markets each day,
That video you posted on William Greenspan is very good, everyone on this blog should watch.
Told samirs they are long Gold going into ECB and NFP.

ok thats great

Cac and Dax struggling to breach the current levels of 3538 and 7050 respectively............
Am looking to Short here but am reluctant to trade the news today...........

I think the reverse will kick in at 5682. This is the top of the range we broke out of earlier this morning. Sometimes the reverse occurs from this exact price, other times it flags and goes through, other times it blasts right through. I think this time the price will work, if not maybe we'll get a head and shoulders with the low somewhere above 5667. The main point is I'm bullish.

4th - sometimes it appears to reverse from just above the price you'd thought it would reach. but it really really wants to retest the range price so it fakes (into HS?). then goes up again.

Edit: looks like it is going up. Got this wrong. Edit 2: No, looks like I could be right. Faked 4 pips up first then plunged. Edit 3: I'm talking rubbish! Edit 4: I was right eventually. Crazy spike down.

1413 s&p resistance ....we'll need some pretty big announcments to clear the day/week tops

I don't know if we'll reach a new high. I am expecting more, noticeable bullish action after this.

Last edited:
1413 s&p resistance ....we'll need some pretty big announcments to clear the day/week tops

Went to bed before being DY yesterday Dick Lexic.
The guy was the security gurad where the band were staying.
Good song and vid, no dancing while trading.