Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

maybe, maybe not :)

A hindsight view of the action is that 08:30 and 09:00 passed with barely a shudder and they couldn't wait for 10:00 to get started with some buying. 10:00 then passed with barely a shudder on the way up - that had to look good for more (in hindsight again :LOL:)

:)

I know the FTSE could keep falling and the better option would be better to take both from the start. I had the price 5640 on DS1, looking for support and trying for a long and looking for FTSE to match up again with the DOW price. I sat with the trade to begin(10 stop), if i was going to walk away would have taken both from the start.
Still learning this system, so bound to make some mistales along the way.

bus

Entry is the difficult bit (ie: deciding when the ftse/dow difference has reached an extreme) which is why I try to look for a directional opportunity initially if it is feasible.

There are one or two "timing" tricks you can play with SB pricing to help. For example, let's say that you're looking for a short ftse/long dow and that the dow has rocketed up by 100 after ftse close dragging SB ftse up 50 along with it by dow close. Assuming all quiet on the Asian front overnight, there's a good chance that "real" ftse won't open 50 up and that SB ftse will drop to reflect "real" ftse open giving you an early boost if you'd opened your pair at (or just before) dow close.

bus

Entry is the difficult bit (ie: deciding when the ftse/dow difference has reached an extreme) which is why I try to look for a directional opportunity initially if it is feasible.

There are one or two "timing" tricks you can play with SB pricing to help. For example, let's say that you're looking for a short ftse/long dow and that the dow has rocketed up by 100 after ftse close dragging SB ftse up 50 along with it by dow close. Assuming all quiet on the Asian front overnight, there's a good chance that "real" ftse won't open 50 up and that SB ftse will drop to reflect "real" ftse open giving you an early boost if you'd opened your pair at (or just before) dow close.

if u had hourly/minute data for ftse/dow this would be useful ?

if u had hourly/minute data for ftse/dow this would be useful ?

I have hourly - manually :( - gets a bit too jumpy below 10 minutes. Ideally I'd like a real time chart of the "difference" but that beyond my programming skills.

I have hourly - manually :( - gets a bit too jumpy below 10 minutes. Ideally I'd like a real time chart of the "difference" but that beyond my programming skills.

the link below allows much data hourly minute or tick scroll down 2/3rds when the currency ends u get many indices

CSV Data Export :: Dukascopy Bank SA | Swiss Forex Bank | ECN Broker | Managed accounts | Swiss FX trading platform

the date format requires some work

i use "mid" "left "right" to get date into useful format

Barjon u could create a buy sell orders and the account profit/loss would show the spread in real time

example £23/long ftse and short £10/dow. or u could get a dummy account (demo)

A further 50 pips booked in that GBP/USD long trade of monday......
Hopefully one or two jumped in with me......

Target is 1.63+

I have a real time chart Jon. Get in touch if you want me to help you out.

Would you have let it ride had you remembered?

i dont know too much about fx, but i can see its gone up to 1.2612

wow that would have been a nice earner but 18 unexpected pips i will be happy with

EURUSD is testing the 100day ma,

Last edited: