Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin guys

paralympics yesterday and v late on parade today. ftse had another bout of weakness vs dow got to -50 odd I long/short

...and another couple of interesting, if useless, facts. ftse should be near 6000 had it matched dow this year and about 6700 had it matched dow over last two years.

QUOTE=SuddenDeath;1959554]thanks

I got a dow cash/ftse cash ratio of 2.292 at 4.30pm yesterday[/QUOTE]

Thanks SD and Barjon, I agree
Barjon system is good, even with just taking one trade and not both sides of the trade.

Attachments

• FTSEDOW.JPG
    FTSEDOW.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 109
Closed Longs on Dax and Cac in nice profit as I think we are about to stall on this minor bounce..........

...and another couple of interesting, if useless, facts. ftse should be near 6000 had it matched dow this year and about 6700 had it matched dow over last two years.

US indices are very strong, reflecting the strong us economy versus rest of world

anyone know the importance of 5631 today

5634 using closing prices

its 31.8 fib for past 4 months

just realised it
maybe thats why it got a strong bounce ?

Last edited:
Thanks SD and Barjon, I agree
Barjon system is good, even with just taking one trade and not both sides of the trade.

How do you mean, bus? You never know if FTSE strength, for example, is going to show up by a keenness to go up or a reluctance to go down. The single directional trade is a bonus if it goes right and you can always protect profits by hedging (therefore turning it into a pair) as long as the strong/weak ratio hasn't changed much in the meantime.

anyone know the importance of 5631 today

5634 using closing prices

its 31.8 fib for past 4 months

just realised it
maybe thats why it got a strong bounce ?

maybe, maybe not :)

A hindsight view of the action is that 08:30 and 09:00 passed with barely a shudder and they couldn't wait for 10:00 to get started with some buying. 10:00 then passed with barely a shudder on the way up - that had to look good for more (in hindsight again :LOL:)

How do you mean, bus? You never know if FTSE strength, for example, is going to show up by a keenness to go up or a reluctance to go down. The single directional trade is a bonus if it goes right and you can always protect profits by hedging (therefore turning it into a pair) as long as the strong/weak ratio hasn't changed much in the meantime.

I know the FTSE could keep falling and the better option would be better to take both from the start. I had the price 5640 on DS1, looking for support and trying for a long and looking for FTSE to match up again with the DOW price. I sat with the trade to begin(10 stop), if i was going to walk away would have taken both from the start.
Still learning this system, so bound to make some mistales along the way.