Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 110
:LOL::LOL:

Whose idea was it to dress our athletes in bloody shell shuits? Those two up there look like Jimmy Saville wannabes from the late 80's :confused:

RIO up 2.6% in London

Investors like the interim dividend of 72.5 US cents per share, up 34 per cent on a year ago.

BHP should follow with a div increase after RIO, wont like to be left behind another miner.

Mine companies are like politicians.

Can't find the posts for looking now, I'm sure it wasn't that far back but,

wasn't someone saying on here earlier about a crash or something?

dc2000

A floor trader from New York spoke about flash crash on TV last week in Australia.

Because of the lack of volume and liquidity in the current share market in the USA.

Did they give any timescale on this?

Could this be like the Dr Doom situation in 2008?

Did they give any timescale on this?

Could this be like the Dr Doom situation in 2008?

No time frame, reckons it will be caused by the US government debt problem.

Will cause panic and not the volume to buy the stock on the way down, stocks could go down 20% to 30% one day.

Old guy from Seaport called Ted always bit bearish, said a while ago the DOW should be worth about 8,000.

I thought there was in something place now to stop trading in flash crashes now since the drop in 2010.:?:

Look for Thursday for some big moves in global markets.
China CPI and PPI
Aussie and Kiwi unemployment.
Bank of Japan rate call, policy statement and press conference (very under rated market mover)
Make sure you at the FTSE open on Thursday.

Dont forget.

No time frame, reckons it will be caused by the US government debt problem.

Will cause panic and not the volume to buy the stock on the way down, stocks could go down 20% to 30% one day.

Old guy from Seaport called Ted always bit bearish, said a while ago the DOW should be worth about 8,000.

I thought there was in something place now to stop trading in flash crashes now since the drop in 2010.:?:

Don't they just suspend short selling?

Happened the other week on Ibex

As I'm currently trading futures I'm staying up tonight. Hoping for a bit of a sell off early hours (uk).

Plenty of tea and biscuits at the ready and a couple of cheap DVDs from Asda (y)

Probably be a non event after me talking it up.:eek:

I go for AUD/USD keep any eye on the ASX & FTSE for any levels I like.

Preference is buy the dips in the current market.

Probably be a non event after me talking it up.:eek:

I go for AUD/USD keep any eye on the ASX & FTSE for any levels I like.

Preference is buy the dips in the current market.

I'm not so sure about non event. I had my eye on this this morning.

I think the Chinese CPI may cause a few fireworks

Would you place a trade in the early hours on FTSE, when volume is almost non-existent? The chance of big gaps overnight i.e between 9pm & 7am is fairly slim these days...there's only been a handful of 40 point gaps this year and even when there is, there's usually an attempt to close the gap shortly after the 8am open (which usually fails!)