Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

:LOL::LOL:

from 15.00 FTSE surged 12pts

aye, that's what I mean about keeping eye on dow . ftse held off as we approached 15:00 whilst dow was making a new high. Soon as it looked as though dow wasn't going to turn on a sixpence ftse took off to catch up. Right now it's not so sure.

aye, that's what I mean about keeping eye on dow . ftse held off as we approached 15:00 whilst dow was making a new high. Soon as it looked as though dow wasn't going to turn on a sixpence ftse took off to catch up. Right now it's not so sure.

5650 close, tellin ya!

but not enough to enter a short on (y)

This is the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo,

basically the Japanese used it for rice trading about a hundred years ago.

It's still pertinent today if you know what you're doing with it.

It was okay when I used it, I used it when I used to trade Forex. Anyway the reason I don't like it now is because I can't see the fricken price on the chart!

Anyway I've got a great website that explains how to use it, I've got it bookmarked somewhere but I'll find it in a sec and post it for you.

Attachments

• ichimoku.png
    ichimoku.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 113
past 9 trading days we have touched the 100day ma every time. this implies there is supply there being eroded once that supply is gone think we go much higher

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

that worked well today

If I remember rightly (it's been a few years) you enter on the break of the cloud (think it's called the Kimo or some such) which meant you'd be in that lovely bull market way way way too late today

The Ichimoku chart was developed by Goichi Hosoda under the pseudonym Ichimoku Sanjin before World War II. Ichimoku charts are a trend-following system with an indicator similar to moving averages. The chart consists of five lines using data taken from the mid points of historical highs and lows in various ways to create a panoramic view of price movement.

The five lines on an Ichimoku chart are:

standard line

turning line

delayed line

first preceding span

second preceding span

The delayed line and the two preceding lines are time-shifted trend lines and it is this that makes Ichimoku unique. Considering all of the lines together lets you look at market timing, support and resistance and possible false breakouts all on one chart view.

The calculation of Ichimoku charts depends upon three time periods set by the user, which we refer to below as short, medium and long intervals. Hosoda and ShareScope’s default values for the Ichimoku charts (9, 26 and 52) are based on the number of trading days for certain periods, assuming a 6-day working week. Some users may prefer to use 6 or 7, 22 and 44 to represent the periods of 1.5 weeks, 1 month and 2 months, i.e. a 5-day trading week. The number of periods in the preceding span lines can be adjusted independently of the choice of the second period (26 by default).

The standard line is calculated as:

Standard line = (highest high + lowest low )/ 2
(looking back over the past [medium interval] periods, including the current one.)

The turning line is calculated as:

Turning line = (highest high + lowest low) / 2
(looking back over the past [short interval] periods, including the current one.)

The delayed line

is a closing price line shifted back by [medium interval] periods.

The first preceding span is calculated as:

1st preceding span = (standard line + turning line) / 2
This line is then shifted forward by [medium interval] periods, including the present period.

The second preceding span is calculated as:

2nd preceding span = (highest high + lowest low) / 2
(looking back over the past [long interval] periods, including the present one and is shifted forwards [medium interval] periods ahead of the current period.)

Users of Ichimoku charts believe that a buy signal is given when the turning line moves above the standard line.

The region between the two preceding spans is referred to as a cloud and acts as support or resistance. Generally, the interpretation is that if the price rises above a cloud, the sun is shining and this is interpreted as a buy signal, while a price drop below a cloud suggests it is raining, which would indicate a sell signal.

The Ichimoku chart was developed by Goichi Hosoda under the pseudonym Ichimoku Sanjin before World War II. Ichimoku charts are a trend-following system with an indicator similar to moving averages. The chart consists of five lines using data taken from the mid points of historical highs and lows in various ways to create a panoramic view of price movement.

standard line

turning line

delayed line

first preceding span

second preceding span

The delayed line and the two preceding lines are time-shifted trend lines and it is this that makes Ichimoku unique. Considering all of the lines together lets you look at market timing, support and resistance and possible false breakouts all on one chart view.

The calculation of Ichimoku charts depends upon three time periods set by the user, which we refer to below as short, medium and long intervals. Hosoda and ShareScope’s default values for the Ichimoku charts (9, 26 and 52) are based on the number of trading days for certain periods, assuming a 6-day working week. Some users may prefer to use 6 or 7, 22 and 44 to represent the periods of 1.5 weeks, 1 month and 2 months, i.e. a 5-day trading week. The number of periods in the preceding span lines can be adjusted independently of the choice of the second period (26 by default).

(looking back over the past [medium interval] periods, including the current one.)

(looking back over the past [short interval] periods, including the current one.)

The delayed line

This line is then shifted forward by [medium interval] periods, including the present period.

(looking back over the past [long interval] periods, including the present one and is shifted forwards [medium interval] periods ahead of the current period.)

Users of Ichimoku charts believe that a buy signal is given when the turning line moves above the standard line.

The region between the two preceding spans is referred to as a cloud and acts as support or resistance. Generally, the interpretation is that if the price rises above a cloud, the sun is shining and this is interpreted as a buy signal, while a price drop below a cloud suggests it is raining, which would indicate a sell signal.

thanks you sound like an expert

standard line

turning line

delayed line

first preceding span

second preceding span

The delayed line

Would've got you in about 5657 today, think the words horse, bolt, stable, lock and door spring to mind