Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Nothing doing this morning. Chop chop chop.
Expect a smaller selloff on the US open then more grind higher.

The S&P has been following this line for 23 hours now.
enough.png

..... have had the odd punt on the S&P and Nazzy which, unusually for me, have turned out quite well. I'm currently still long on the latter on the basis that unless we get one of those Tweets today then residual volatility and a respectable jobless number will give it some lift.

Well, the jobless numbers were remarkably unremarkable and the Nazzy hasn't done much, so I'm out at 7600.....seeing as I've only been in it since yesterday avo I reckon a couple of hundred points is not too shabby a result.....or maybe that's just the new normal :p

Well, the jobless numbers were remarkably unremarkable and the Nazzy hasn't done much, so I'm out at 7600.....seeing as I've only been in it since yesterday avo I reckon a couple of hundred points is not too shabby a result.....or maybe that's just the new normal :p
Its always a good result. (y)

I think that 200 point ramp on the dow before the open was to lessen the impact of the selloff at 2:30.

You'd think if everyone else in the world was cutting rates the dollar would be strong and hence the market would fall. I mean thats what your inverse currency relationship peddlers would have you believe.

S&P up 90 - youd think they would want to round it up to 100 as quickly as possible.

The Donald on twitter - "As your President, one would think that I would be thrilled with our very strong dollar. I am not! The Fed’s high interest rate level, in comparison to other countries, is keeping the dollar high, making it more difficult for our great manufacturers ..."

So why are indexes going vertical when the dollar is so strong - any fx experts out there?
I have to say I've never gone along with that high currency bad for stocks mantra. Its never worked for me.

Jesus they've actually stopped buying for 60 seconds. Is this the end of the world or are their fingers suffering RSI from smashing the buy key so often.