Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Gold still pushing the highs. Good to see everyone is in tune with whats going on. <sarc>

My one saving grace is the resistance line here.
If it goes I'm bailing.
has.png

"IF" the dow closes looking something like this today, it would suggest a test of higher levels tomorrow.. 26083 then 26293... I've opened a small long... Will add if it does move higher.

In 'normal' markets I wouldnt have held so long but EVERY position I've opened in the last 7 days has been in profit at some point.
To be underwater 190 points would be unthinkable most days but when the market moves down and up nearly 600 points in one session youve got to change strategies otherwise your going to get chopped to pieces.

Closed second 25908.
both closed under the average price. Going to get an hours sleep now.:sleep:

Closed second 25908.
both closed under the average price. Going to get an hours sleep now.:sleep:
Having noted your schedule over the last couple of days, I had been wondering whether you slept at all....or perhaps kept a Ransquawk enabled casket in your cellar for daytime snoozes :)

I haven't been trying to follow what you're up to but have had the odd punt on the S&P and Nazzy which, unusually for me, have turned out quite well. I'm currently still long on the latter on the basis that unless we get one of those Tweets today then residual volatility and a respectable jobless number will give it some lift.

Having noted your schedule over the last couple of days, I had been wondering whether you slept at all....or perhaps kept a Ransquawk enabled casket in your cellar for daytime snoozes :)

I haven't been trying to follow what you're up to but have had the odd punt on the S&P and Nazzy which, unusually for me, have turned out quite well. I'm currently still long on the latter on the basis that unless we get one of those Tweets today then residual volatility and a respectable jobless number will give it some lift.

Got to make the most of this volatility while you can. :) I'll be taking time off and then back to the PM only session soon.

The thing driving this higher is what I posted yesterday there is expectation (60%) that the FED will cut interest rates by 75bps by the end of the year. And the gobbling up of s&p contracts was done by the Goldman sax who have the skinny on an intra meeting cut, maybe even today. So hang on to your hats, this turd that is US markets is still going to the moon.

What the US will do when ALL the monetary easing options run out is anyones guess, probably start a war.

Got to make the most of this volatility while you can. :) I'll be taking time off and then back to the PM only session soon.

The thing driving this higher is what I posted yesterday there is expectation (60%) that the FED will cut interest rates by 75bps by the end of the year. And the gobbling up of s&p contracts was done by the Goldman sax who have the skinny on an intra meeting cut, maybe even today. So hang on to your hats, this turd that is US markets is still going to the moon.

What the US will do when ALL the monetary easing options run out is anyones guess, probably start a war.
Hmmm.

I can't say I share your unbridled optimism as I don't see rate cuts being the principal driver for much longer. My impression is that the factors that favour instability (including, of course, the unstable Herr Trump) are growing in number and importance and rather like climate change, we're going to be in for a bumpier ride a lot sooner than would superficially appear to be the case - the small degradations contribute to increasingly wilder and wider swings....at which point things often start to break. I'm thinking of a raft of muddy ducks rather than a solitary black swan.

Just in case you were thinking I'd joined the batshit cult: I'm not holding my breath for a deep and meaningful crash and an extinction level event but rather a series of crashlets which will bankrupt some and enrich others beyond their wildest dreams. Needless to say, I'm one of the wilder dreamers.

Its a bit quieter this morning. People waiting for the FED fix, get ready for a late sell in the US when they dont deliver.