Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I think this was related to when McDonald's was closed for trading during the trading day yesterday and as such the spreadbettors were quoting prices that didn't actually occur in the real Dow.

An unusual situation for sure but as always it is a lesson to remember when using s'bettors that they only mimic the market and it is not in fact real, though mostly smart arbers keep them in line it can still happen that they take the mick out of their punters when they should be content with winning every day.

When the offer of a big mac comes up, sometimes you cant resist:cheesy:

Having said that, I didnt get to each much of it:whistling

I'm going long DOW here, I know this is wrong but doing it anyway.

L 71

my psychy is I have to fade most of the time.

take this over 21100, there I decide what to do

Ftse did -10 and +10 range in first 8 minutes of trading and stayed within that range for 8 hours! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Ftse did -10 and +10 range in first 8 minutes of trading and stayed within that range for 8 hours! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

ok. How does this impact your DOW shorts? I ask because I don't know how ftse & DOW correlate if at all?

Do they?

I get it all World indices are more or less...but correlation is another thing altogether where the rubber meets the road.

BTW, "where the rubber meets the road" is an American thing. Can have all this horsepower and all that torque, but if your tires aren't sticky...to pavement lose the race

Last edited:
ok. How does this impact your DOW shorts? I ask because I don't know how ftse & DOW correlate if at all?

Do they?

I get it all World indices are more or less...but correlation is another thing altogether where the rubber meets the road.

I bring it up because I went long at 7388 this morning waiting for 9400. Still waiting. :sleep:

Its a long way down from here.

a long way down agreed, but not from here imo

the bulls will not go so lightly into the night.

bulls got big balls, and have the "weight" of last 20+ days behind them

\they got last 10 yrs behind them!

47% US think trump is the 2nd coming..

actually, a part of me hopes you are right because this is absurd.

Last edited:
Yes sometimes in these conditions we go out of whack a tad, but only can take advantage if we are there at the time, if not then we miss out.

Not sure how the various software tracks price from behind the scenes, but I think this is rare, so its a case of to be filled or not to be filled etc

Looking for upside scalps now. Directional upside limited I would have thought. Lucky (top picker) shorters from yesterday will need to be taken out next couple of sessions. (y) A good target area would be 21,140-50

Attachments

• dow-cash-02-03-17.png
    dow-cash-02-03-17.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Looking for upside scalps now. Directional upside limited I would have thought. Lucky (top picker) shorters from yesterday will need to be taken out next couple of sessions. (y) A good target area would be 21,140-50

Yes, I agree that the top pickers need to be taken out, as not many get to enjoy the ride down. But it is more likely they will dribble their stops down a bit, hence in range to get snapped at, and taken out of the game.

Personally, Im looking for a time reaction here to see if buyers can/will come back in. Your level is logical, but if we dont push for this later today/tomorrow then I think the bulls could well be trapped and very vulnerable.

Yesterday we created an environment of urgency for buyers, and they duly obliged, but where are they now? Have they suddenly gone missing when price action is even more appealing (a pull back opportunity), and the invitation to the party is open to everyone - will they come or not?

Expecting some fireworks from Tuesday on wards!

an all time DOW high, and we only test it once?

what planet you living on?

Why do you suppose US indices are up here...fundamentals or hype or the only place to get a decent return on investment? Or any combination of the three.

Yes, I agree that the top pickers need to be taken out, as not many get to enjoy the ride down. But it is more likely they will dribble their stops down a bit, hence in range to get snapped at, and taken out of the game.

Personally, Im looking for a time reaction here to see if buyers can/will come back in. Your level is logical, but if we dont push for this later today/tomorrow then I think the bulls could well be trapped and very vulnerable.

Yesterday we created an environment of urgency for buyers, and they duly obliged, but where are they now? Have they suddenly gone missing when price action is even more appealing (a pull back opportunity), and the invitation to the party is open to everyone - will they come or not?

Expecting some fireworks from Tuesday on wards!

Ahha :)

I don't mind posting the odd chart, but not with valuable information on. :LOL: