Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This week will again be shorter due to the celebration of the New Year. Today, the trading volume, which is traditionally lower, will also be conditioned by the closure of the London stock exchange (“Boxing Day”). In business terms, the news are not relevant at the beginning of week. An highlight to the Swiss banking sector, after having informed Reuters that four Swiss banks will pay more than 178 M.USD to the US Justice Department to avoid possible charges for helping tax evasion to US citizens.

Yesterday, North American market recovered from lows during the session, despite having ended in negative territory. However, given the low trading volume this recovery becomes negligible, and it is not possible to anticipate with more certainty a positive trend.

A member of the Conference Board said that consumers remain positive on the current state of the economy, particularly as regards the labor market: slightly increased the number of people who anticipate an increase in jobs in the coming months, while which decreased the percentage of consumers who expected fewer jobs.

Been away for the Hols - Happy and a profitable New Year.

Looking at Oil price today for Its affect on FTSE. Support level of interest 6150. Likely to be light vol and therefore lots of whipsaws. Could be a day to sit on the hands. However have place a buy limit at 6150.

Morning all & best wishes/good trading for 2016.

Finished 2015 down 22% so now the uphill struggle begins anew... will BTFD still work in 2016?? :)

Looking at Oil price today for Its affect on FTSE. Support level of interest 6150. Likely to be light vol and therefore lots of whipsaws. Could be a day to sit on the hands. However have place a buy limit at 6150.

Good luck. :clover:

Morning all & best wishes/good trading for 2016.

Finished 2015 down 22% so now the uphill struggle begins anew... will BTFD still work in 2016?? :)

Good trading to you too.
Not a promising start to 2016 for the market, I think sell the rallies might be this years phrase.

Limit order triggered and stop taken out. Now looking at 6110 - 6100 levels. -7 start for first trade of 2016!!!

Come and join the S&P competition this year.
Its free to enter and there's cash prizes, what's not to like.
Thanks for the invite postie, occasionally I do look at that thread.
But tbh I wouldn't want to join as I would most probably bail halfway through the year thus negating any work that had been put in on my behalf :eek:

In addition one of my many new years resolution is to cut down my forum use and spend more time on coding my strategy!