Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Don't fight the bears. Cuddle them.

tumblr_inline_nimril1QlD1rmcadq.jpg

Do you think markets dictate policy, eg Fed decisions, or Fed / Govts dictate to markets and investors ?
Just wondering.

It's a two way street.

fwiw Both imo

Timings also switch.

Big G and Fed may think they are but the link is precarious with a long time lag.

Markets also do respond to changes in the environment they operate.

Cause and Effect. A very interesting debate. (y)

Do you think markets dictate policy, eg Fed decisions, or Fed / Govts dictate to markets and investors ?
Just wondering.

2 way street imo

September being a case in point where rates basically said market volatility was one of the reasons for not raising rates. By the same token, if fed raised rates tomorrow, market would probably tank lol

Again people forget the Dax etc returned on average 12% in that October rally. Just a short term correction imho :D

Central banks policy can move the Dax to either 5000 or 20000 piece of cake .

What with Oil, copper and Gold collapsing along with no moar QE and talk of a rate rise, thats everything the Dow needs to rally like f*ck into year end. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one looking at the technicals?

Dow 20 day MA crossed the 200 day MA in the last few days.
50 day ma has been going up for weeks, and the 200 day grand daddy of them all started going back up at the beginning of the month.

Maybe thats to old skool for the traders who are almost 30 and have never seen a rate rise.

If the markets are going down the 50% retrace from the Sep lows to recent highs is almost exactly 2000 on the S&P.

2015 was also the high made on the first run up in mid September.

I really cant see it going down that far but those yankies are mad as a box of frogs.

Today I will mostly NOT be trading.