Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Sam next time you feel the need to come and mess with my mind, Don't :mad:

Only kidding.
I didnt believe in my position enough or I'd have held it.

The weakness and volatility that the equity markets have accused the last two sessions is essentially the result of three factors: the uncertainty with regard to Greece, the strength of the euro and the rise in yields. With economic data pointing to a slowdown in the US economy, it is natural and probable the appreciation of the Euro, and may convince many investors to close their selling positions in this currency. Another factor that has conditioned the equity markets is the general rise in yields of government bonds. In part, this rise in yields (bonds decline) due to the fact that many global investors have an overexposure to this market, trying to benefit from the ultra-accommodative policy of the ECB. Thus, as the Euro, when a strategy becomes exceedingly popular there is the risk of Simultaneous Overreaction. The rise in yields essentially penalizes utilities and companies whose business needs of high finance. Today will be held parliamentary elections in England. A political event is always a possible cause volatility, but these elections may cause additional volatility if one considers that the polls show a tie between Labour and Conservatives.

Hi

Would love to hear any possible explanations for the Australia 200 index being quoted at 5630 on CMC markets but 5598 on IG Index!

Is anybody ever going to buy the Dax again?

Made a few quick 'scalps' this am on Daxy, left a trade under water and another buy order @ 11180, had a meeting and then lunch in Covent Garden, all out of ftse/daxy a few mins ago, happy with that :)

omg2.png

yes no stops - the account is *very* well capitalised and I was planning to hold or hedge if either ftse or dax continued to go against me past EOD. And I figured Daxy was due a bounce after dropping >1200 points.

Well I gave that back quicker than I imagined... woke up bleary eyed and stuck £50 a point on the ftse... shame I have recently switched to trading in my CFD account and that was 50 contracts so actually 500/point. Down £4k in a fraction of a second oopseh :/

Well I gave that back quicker than I imagined... woke up bleary eyed and stuck £50 a point on the ftse... shame I have recently switched to trading in my CFD account and that was 50 contracts so actually 500/point. Down £4k in a fraction of a second oopseh :/

We posted at virtually the same time, so I didnt see yours. :(
Your the legendary fat finger trader then, watch out the USA will have you extradited for market manipulation if you keep that up.

Your the legendary fat finger trader then, watch out the USA will have you extradited for market manipulation if you keep that up.

Guilty as charged 'milord! :|

Think I'm now taking the day off chaps, gl all and have a great weekend :cool:

Dont know about you guys but I use Intertrader as a backup to IG.

Well Intertraders platform is f@cked.

Do not use it.
So many things wrong, charts not opening, trade prices not updating, system errors when closing trades (which dont close so you lose the price).

Utterly utterly bolloxed.

Glad I have IG.

European shares jumped the most since January, buoyed by a surprise election win for British Prime Minister David Cameron’s party and improving U.S. jobs data.
Stocks extended gains after data showed the U.S. jobless rate in April fell to a six-year low, while payrolls climbed 223,000 (Below estimated 224,000), a faster pace than in March.

The statement from the Fed’s last meeting said that the continuous progression of the labor market is a necessary (but not sufficient) for the central bank to start normalizing monetary policy. If job creation was well above the estimated we would watch to an appreciation of the dollar and a rise in yields on sovereign bonds, which could translate into a scenario not very favorable to equity markets. If the generation of jobs was significantly lower than estimated, the dollar would lose value, yields should come down but fears about the economy should increase. Therefore, the best scenario seems to be the present one, which is near the forecasts.

A potential Grexit default on Monday and the Tories have guaranteed a vote on whether to stay in Europe.
And the Dax is rallying like theres no tomorrow. (Maybe there wont be?) Grab as much filthy luker as fast as possible.

A potential Grexit default on Monday and the Tories have guaranteed a vote on whether to stay in Europe.
And the Dax is rallying like theres no tomorrow. (Maybe there wont be?) Grab as much filthy luker as fast as possible.

I definitely am

If the dow goes down more than 30 points from here 18187 I'll eat Paddy Ashdown's hat.