Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Daxy is a slow one this morning.
Mind you after the run up she had last week I'm not surprised.
Stick with it calv.

Stick with it calv.

Unless your using Intertrader, that is.

Their platform is still flaky after 3 trading days.
"System error" when opening or closing trades.
Trade prices not updating.
Charts not opening.

Its a nightmare.

Everyone seems to like ig.not the cheapest but reliable

Thats key in this game.

If your platform wont let you close a position and you have to ring up (along with everyone else whos platform is broken) your going to lose money.

Thats key in this game.

If your platform wont let you close a position and you have to ring up (along with everyone else whos platform is broken) your going to lose money.

I still use ig off n on but have switched to cmc for cfds. Better n fast reliable executions. Stability is issue for heated trading periods... Seems like institutes up there hv hired hackers for DOS attacks

Tomorrow Greece will have to repay 755 M. € to the IMF. During the end-of-week, the Greek government reduced its estimates for GDP growth, which is expected to grow 0.80% in 2015, less than the 1.40% forecast in March, when was addressed a letter, about the reforms, to the European Commission.
Technically, the main theme of the next few days will be the S & P test the area of ​​2120, which in recent months is working as resistance for the upward movement of the index. If the S & P over this area, then it will be possible a new rally.
Asian markets closed higher, reflecting the decision by China's central bank to reduce interest rates from 5.35% to 5.10%. Deposit rates were also reduced from 2.50% to 2.25%. This decision is the result of a evidences pointing to a sharp slowdown in the Chinese economy.

Wake up America and smell the coffee.

This is what happens when you go around the world throwing your weight around like you own the place.

"Ruble-yuan settlements booming, set to reshape global finance"

http://rt.com/business/254305-russia-china-trade-business/

When Iran joins this little group and they start swapping Oil for Nukes it will be more than global finance that gets reshaped.

Either I'm reading too much zerohedge or its worse and I'm not reading enough!
"Buy gold bitchez" ;)

Wake up America and smell the coffee.

This is what happens when you go around the world throwing your weight around like you own the place.

"Ruble-yuan settlements booming, set to reshape global finance"

http://rt.com/business/254305-russia-china-trade-business/

When Iran joins this little group and they start swapping Oil for Nukes it will be more than global finance that gets reshaped.

Either I'm reading too much zerohedge or its worse and I'm not reading enough!
"Buy gold bitchez" ;)

BRIC countries have been doing this for years. Part of the reason the US-led coalition invaded Iraq, Syria is bcoz of this. The world's elite n those in the know have been stocking up on gold more now than ever before. Buy gold etfs!!!:clap:

OMG The once respected 'real news' agency is now pumping out this nonsense.

"Wall St. slips on Greece, China worries; energy stocks lower"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/11/us-markets-stocks-idUSKBN0NW11J20150511

I suppose 'news' agencies feel compelled to print something (a bit like me really) to justify there existence.

Does the person that wrote this rubbish (TANYA AGRAWAL) really believe on Thursday and Friday last week when the S&P rallied 60 handles that they didnt know Greece was about to default?

Does anybody read the news to be educated any more?

OMG The once respected 'real news' agency is now pumping out this nonsense.

"Wall St. slips on Greece, China worries; energy stocks lower"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/11/us-markets-stocks-idUSKBN0NW11J20150511

I suppose 'news' agencies feel compelled to print something (a bit like me really) to justify there existence.

Does the person that wrote this rubbish (TANYA AGRAWAL) really believe on Thursday and Friday last week when the S&P rallied 60 handles that they didnt know Greece was about to default?

Does anybody read the news to be educated any more?

Well2... as the saying goes, If u cant practise, u preach. Much of the syndicated news agencies are just soothsayers for the big institutions and the Cabal. Seeing is believing. i rather do my own research n make my own informed decuctions

slept badly and woke up definitely risk OFF so missed the big moves this morning, anyone make a packet? :)

...where is Big Dick with a ftse prediction when I need him?

slept badly and woke up definitely risk OFF so missed the big moves this morning, anyone make a packet? :)

...where is Big Dick with a ftse prediction when I need him?

mornin'

so far as FTSE concerned it was weak playing catch-up with the drop in DOW yesterday evening and has traded weak vs DOW beyond that so far. Should it continue to trade weak I may try the 10am reversal with a long and pair it with a pro-rata DOW short if it doesn't go the right way.

Still doesn't wanna turn... pray tell what is a 10am reversal ? :)

times when you might anticipate a reversal (statistically speaking) on FTSE are 08:30. 09:00, 10:00 and 15:00. It's often worth watching around those times.

There was bare a shudder today at 08:30 and 09:00 but the 10:00 looks to have taken hold (albeit started 5 minutes late)

The European indices decline. Yesterday’s meeting of Eurogroup was marked by very timid advances towards an understanding between Greece and its European partners. Even with regard to the meeting statement did not prevail an agreement, since Greece intended to be mentioned a breakthrough in the talks, while other countries only recognized the existence of a more constructive atmosphere, prompting again for what remains. Tomorrow is the next event, the ECB decision regarding the liquidity lines available to Greek banks. In recent days there were some rumors, that last week, when the government bonds suffered sharp losses, the ECB began to aggressively buy European debt, avoiding a more serious situation. From last week’s bond markets performance we can point out two observations. The first, already known, is that the ECB functions as a network protection for European debt markets. The second, more worrying is the fall that European bonds have suffered denotes the risks that arise when an investment becomes too popular. In sectoral terms, the decision of China’s central bank to reduce interest rates and the appreciation of the dollar over the past two sessions should continue to ensure overperformance to the mining sector.

Ah those dowboys, at it again.

I believe the Yankee's have a phrase for this type of situation.
"How is one enjoying those Malus domestica!", or some such new world variant. :whistling

The European indices negotiate with slight gains, reflecting the recovery on Wall Street after the European close. Before the opening were published variations of GDP in Germany and France. The German economy grew by 0.30% in Q1 2015 compared to the last quarter of 2014. Economists had anticipated an increase 0.50%. In the same period, the French economy grew 0.60%, beating economists' forecasts. Despite the negative deviation of German growth, these data demonstrate that the economic recovery in the Euro Zone is gaining some consistency. However, equity markets are going through a very complex situation. It is important that the euro zone shows that is economically recoverable (expectations regarding this matter were one reason for the preference of global investors for European markets) but is also relevant that this recovery does not cause an appreciation of the Euro and yields sovereign debt. Today, the ECB will decide on the line of liquidity that makes available to Greek banks, as well as on how calculates the guarantees that these institutions have to deposit to receive loans from the ECB. The Treasury will auction 875 M.€ of Greek debt with a 13-week maturity, to repay debt expiring on Thursday.

US retail sales. !!! :eek:

USD
Core Retail Sales m/m
0.1%
USD
Retail Sales m/m
0.0%
USD
Import Prices m/m
-0.3%

Must be the unusually poor weather they are having :whistling. Cant believe they will try that excuse again.

Prepare for a pump and dump on the open.

Better get long on the Dow open, those algos will eat through the shorts placed pre market faster than falcons at a pigeon race.