Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

heres my thoughts chaps as Im out this afternoon

FTSE has 5426 still in play but the DOW has a weekly 11505 in play

so given the days in the pattern the DOW needs to drop fast after open to provide a buy zone whilst slowly taking FTSE for a reload into close

Thank you People's Bank of China. It was starting to look like we might range until ADP non farms, but at 11:01am we got the surprise and somewhat confusing news that the PBOC had dropped reserve rate or possibly the benchmark, and it caused a run on stops. At 10:55am it was looking tired and I was doubting its ability to hit DC's 5365 target, but it's amazing what a total surprise can do to the market.

Wow - nearly 100 points in 5 minutes. Anyone know why?

central bank coordination

a very good example of why stops are so important I think .... market was clearly tipped about these annoucements, which is why the price action has been so wierd

wow that took care of all bases to the up side on the DOW but left FTSE with one small rock at 5520

and has forced a recalc

Wow - nearly 100 points in 5 minutes. Anyone know why?

Duncan - it was due to the Fed, ECB, BoC, BoJ and SNB making a coordinated announcement that they were all going to provide liquidity to anyone. I'm off to my local branch of the Bank of China with my loan application.

I was a fool! I opened short with 12 point stop . The trend break on the 3M bar chart is clear.

Talk about market on a high. ADP non farms big surprise to the upside. Happy days are here again. Recession. What recession.

Tomorrow the hangover starts, and we wake up and find its all a dream.

Duncan - it was due to the Fed, ECB, BoC, BoJ and SNB making a coordinated announcement that they were all going to provide liquidity to anyone.

I'm off to my local branch of the Bank of China with my loan application.
:LOL:

Thanks Martin.

Did you get that announcement through the Ransquawk service?

:LOL:

Thanks Martin.

Did you get that announcement through the Ransquawk service?

Yes. But I am on the delayed service at £20 per month. ie the audio is delayed by one minute, but the headlines are live. Trouble is they don't always have time to type in the headline as news breaks, so something like this breaks too quickly.

Does anyone have the Ransquawk feed through Capital Spreads and is the audio delayed or real time?

right then time to go out now the excitements over

cant even be bothered to do the calcs at moment its gonna be in the 4500s anyway