Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I couldnt agree more
its like there is an upper target to hit but the markets just want to chip away at it making higher highs each day but only just its like they dont want to hit the number until friday and be not far above the friday after which will be month end on my map

still at least you get your 1000 points

yes.. last 2 weeks have been very good..

I had an uncertain start to November, but all seems to be coming into place now..

here's hoping December will prove as good as the last 2 weeks.. no reason to think it wont :)

I couldnt agree more
its like there is an upper target to hit but the markets just want to chip away at it making higher highs each day but only just its like they dont want to hit the number until friday and be not far above the friday after which will be month end on my map

still at least you get your 1000 points

I should also add my thanks for your insights DC

right then still looking for the same targets FTSE and DOW

what Im tending to do this week is look to exit within the penultimate half hour of trading then re enter after cash close, if target has not been hit, this to try and get into the midset of trading shorter timeframes whilst still having targets from longer timeframes

FTSE has to hit 365 today but DOW needs 655 which would put the FTSE 404 ish

so a pullback after 365 and reload is on the cards

Hi DJ/DC,

I'm just about to start ploughing through the Taylor Trading Technique book. Looking through articles written by other traders on Taylors book (e.g. Linda Bradford Raschke) it is suggested that some chapters be skipped and some aspects of the method be changed.

Do you guys recommend reading the whole book and applying as is, or are you just drawing from certain parts of the book and/or only using some aspects of the described method?

Thanks for your thoughts.

when I turn FTSE I will be looking for 50 or 60 points only as there is a slightly higher price target but that is not set yet

we would have to print 5447 for that to be in

Hi DJ/DC,

I'm just about to start ploughing through the Taylor Trading Technique book. Looking through articles written by other traders on Taylors book (e.g. Linda Bradford Raschke) it is suggested that some chapters be skipped and some aspects of the method be changed.

Do you guys recommend reading the whole book and applying as is, or are you just drawing from certain parts of the book and/or only using some aspects of the described method?

Thanks for your thoughts.

its very hard going
I found it best to read a little then have a break and come back to it even needing to read same pages two or three times to get your head round what he is trying to get across

now short 11648 and 5385

looks like I was in a little early if FTSE breaks 400 without pullback then I will trade for a better position

other than that Im looking for pullback around 336 FTSE and 570s DOW

that was just a rally to push up through resistance aka glass ceiling

it would be nice for a pull back to confirm the break but it may not want to do that just yet
so I expect to see it higher

The two numbers set in stone for November 5089 +(5426 almost there)
very impressive DC2000.
Congrats. I wish I had just a small % of your ability.

Last edited:
Thank you People's Bank of China. It was starting to look like we might range until ADP non farms, but at 11:01am we got the surprise and somewhat confusing news that the PBOC had dropped reserve rate or possibly the benchmark, and it caused a run on stops. At 10:55am it was looking tired and I was doubting its ability to hit DC's 5365 target, but it's amazing what a total surprise can do to the market.

I'm a shorter, too, but, on the 3M, what do think of the chances of a right shoulder? If it does that, I might as well wait and see if it breaks higher.