Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The media will make great play of this

Dow regains 12000
Best rally since 2009
Close on HOD

stuff like that

well done Goldman Sachs

yup watched some earlier in the pub some lady from LSE giving it rally rally because of cooperating etc etc
to her credit though she did say to sustain such a move there needs to be more action for growth, which means more jobs which neatly segways into NFP

soon be christmas

soon be expiry

but heaven only knows how they will keep the market up at these levels till then

they tell me next year comes the "Perfect Storm"
but frankly I am not convinced

Stock Market crashes come as a surprise to everyone

quelle surprise ?

I think I am largely sitting on my hands today and wait until we see what NFP says tomorrow.. there is always market manipulation going on, but it is quite high at the moment and that always makes be cautious.. a day for contemplation i think and some planning...

:|

Am I the first? Glutton for punishment . Short FT at 0821---5519.4 12 point SL

:LOL:no your not .. regardless of my fine words above I took 5518.5 .. but got out at 5513.5.... I am glad you saw that too.. but am only expecting the market to give me bits and bites.. but Iam sure holding would have been better..it wants to come down I think

Yesterday my FT trades were -12, +34, -12 Total +10

I was also E/$+19 and 2 Nasdaqs +6.3

I was bitterly disappointed at not getting that rise because I use a 3M chart and I had time to put an OCO in. I mentioned in a post, that it might go into a right shoulder and that it might go higher. So what did I do? I entered short with a 12 point stop. That, for me, was the lost opportunity of the year.

So------water under the bridge. Shut up and get on with it!!!

Levels

BOOK

5542 - PH
5275 - PL

VA'S 24 HR 5541/5367
VA'S CASH 5499/5322

5467 AND 5450 ALSO OF INTEREST IN THINK AND 5548

Stop to 5525; 0950 SL 5510. That's locked in, now, what ever happens

Last edited:
Yesterday my FT trades were -12, +34, -12 Total +10

I was also E/$+19 and 2 Nasdaqs +6.3

I was bitterly disappointed at not getting that rise because I use a 3M chart and I had time to put an OCO in. I mentioned in a post, that it might go into a right shoulder and that it might go higher. So what did I do? I entered short with a 12 point stop. That, for me, was the lost opportunity of the year.

So------water under the bridge. Shut up and get on with it!!!

I know how you feel.. experience should have warned me that the wierd price action we were seeing was clearly a holding pattern pending an anticipated major news item... I should have been sitting at desk hand poised on mouse.. but I was sleeping in the chair other side of my office :sleep:

Oh .. well there will have been many traders going home with their arese in their hands last night.. at least that wasn't us.:|

the 37 sma that was mentioned the other day has been a wonderful boundary this morning on the 1min chart

I know how you feel.. experience should have warned me that the wierd price action we were seeing was clearly a holding pattern pending an anticipated major news item... I should have been sitting at desk hand poised on mouse.. but I was sleeping in the chair other side of my office :sleep:

Oh .. well there will have been many traders going home with their arese in their hands last night.. at least that wasn't us.:|

DJ, you were asleep with your eyes closed. I was asleep with them open.

No, I won't forgive myself that quickly.

DJ, you were asleep with your eyes closed. I was asleep with them open.

No, I won't forgive myself that quickly.

a quote from the quote library

"better to be out wishing you were in than in wishing you were out"

looking for the 11975 again

so far shorting anything over 12000 down to 11975/980 area will stop doing it in the next hour though and take the opposite trade

looking for the 11975 again

so far shorting anything over 12000 down to 11975/980 area will stop doing it in the next hour though and take the opposite trade

ftse following the same pattern around 5500. Momentum wants to turn though. I think we could have more spikes from the algo traders, so wide stop losses may be needed.