Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Santa always comes once a year. Unless its stocks then he comes every day.

You should know that better than anyone else.
We have to check the sun is still shining if the Dow falls more than 20 points. :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

i hope yesterdays very bad price action has not damaged America as the beacon of freedom and a light to the oppressed beckoning them to come hither to receive freedom and free healthcare with zero co-pay

yesterdays dow price action strengthened the resolves of our enemies and weakened the minds of our children,

strong weekly close, the pros want to own it. 878 is nov buy trigger if we touch it we will rocket to the moon (monthly vol would be put in above 878)

Last edited:
4 minutes to go - you have to be long - all in. Bound to make money. :rolleyes:

2 minutes and 50 points to go - you can do it. :rolleyes:

I'm seriously disappointed with the underperformance of the Dow today.
Were 60 points off the all time high :rolleyes:.
Still 7 weeks to Christmas, 17,000 is a walk in the park. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
what about my 750 level ? that was a damn good call? had I been here when it crossed my 630 buy pivot i would have given it to u earlier

Yep, pivots are king.
Even though people mock, time after time no one has posted better results. (y)

cya monday everyone. enjoy your weekend

if sp500 cash trades below 1770 during cash session it should be sold, in theory the only up day will be a gap up.

i think we need the president to convene a working group of the top economists and find out what is going wrong with US capitalism and put forward a policy document that can prevent this type of crash again

how about the 750 level got to within 9pts

can we do it in remaining 6mins?

strong close to the week should mean more strength next week,

There is a thread on this forum somewhere a vid from an ex IMF guy. It's a long video but the thrust of what he says is banks are still too big, way too big something like 65% of gdp in the UK. The question is never mind too big to fail, that leads to the next position, too big to save. :cry:

Hi guys, I'm thinking of joining you on this thread in a few weeks time. I am new to trading and am currently paper trading the FTSE Wall Street and the Dax.
I am prepared to list my trades here for discussion and to learn a little from you guys.
Would that be ok with you all ?

Hi. Welcome to the thread. Have a look here http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs Gold dust for a new trader. Good luck in this mad world!

Last edited:
Good morning all
Something is puzzling me about the IG free charts where the range from S3 to R3 is about 30 on Monday of this week and increases to a few hundred by Friday, so wide they are off the chart. Anyone got any ideas of what is going on and whether this is inherent in pivot point charts?

Ian

Hi guys, I'm thinking of joining you on this thread in a few weeks time. I am new to trading and am currently paper trading the FTSE Wall Street and the Dax.
I am prepared to list my trades here for discussion and to learn a little from you guys.
Would that be ok with you all ?

I do not agree with paper trading. trade small the minimum they allow you to do. £1/pt think finspreads used to do an introductory 10p/pt

if u trade £1/pt set your self a daily maximum loss after which u will stop trading for that day. that could be £20/£30

limit the number of trades to say 2/per day.

paper trading is like shadow boxing, its better to actually spar with an opponent and wear 16 ounce gloves (nicely padded) and then move to 8 ounce gloves (less padding)

and then go into the street and fight bare knuckle

Last edited:
I do not agree with paper trading. trade small the minimum they allow you to do. £1/pt think finspreads used to do an introductory 10p/pt

if u trade £1/pt set your self a daily maximum loss after which u will stop trading for that day. that could be £20/£30

limit the number of trades to say 2/per day.

paper trading is like shadow boxing, its better to actually spar with an opponent and wear 16 ounce gloves (nicely padded) and then move to 8 ounce gloves (less padding)

and then go into the street and fight bare knuckle

Aye, paper trading is ok for getting the feel of things but it's so easy to trade on paper in an emotionless way without real money on the line. Emotions are probably the hardest thing for newcomers to control.

Until people have learned to curb an emotional reluctance to take losses when they should and an equally emotional desire to grab a profit when it appears (an emotion that gathers strength as profit increases) they'll always be in trouble. You don't learn much about that until you've got real money on the line.

Mind you, even £1pp can easily run away with you if you can't bring yourself to take a loss!!

Aye, paper trading is ok for getting the feel of things but it's so easy to trade on paper in an emotionless way without real money on the line. Emotions are probably the hardest thing for newcomers to control.

Until people have learned to curb an emotional reluctance to take losses when they should and an equally emotional desire to grab a profit when it appears (an emotion that gathers strength as profit increases) they'll always be in trouble. You don't learn much about that until you've got real money on the line.

Mind you, even £1pp can easily run away with you if you can't bring yourself to take a loss!!

GKFX spreadbet has minimum stake of 10p.