Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

GKFX spreadbet has minimum stake of 10p.

That'd be much better than paper. I suppose it depends on each individual and their circumstances to stake at a level that will cause them a bit of pain if they lose and be worth having if they win.

No matter how much you do paper trading, you can not learn and more over succeed in trading without loosing tons of money... so be ready for it.

JT

Two interesting videos that caught my eye this sunday mourning;
Ex Goldman Sachs Trader Delivers Truth to Amateur Traders - Part 1. How pros make their money.

Goldman Sachs Proprietary Program Trading Profits Machine . Some of you already know this but its interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Anton Kreil, difference between retail and professional traders

Attachments

• retail pro.png
    retail pro.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 104
Yeah, Looks like shorting day , my ideal price to short will be 45 as that is the resistance line.

Waiting to see a bit of price action at resistance line... overall I am still bearish.

JT

Morning everyone.
Quiet day today US banks closed.
$15Bn in Fed POMO last week, $5Bn of that on Friday.

Total for this week around $5Bn. Maybe a pause in the uptrend this week.

Morning everyone.
Quiet day today US banks closed.
$15Bn in Fed POMO last week, $5Bn of that on Friday.

Total for this week around $5Bn. Maybe a pause in the uptrend this week.

hi postman, i was watching CN*C over weekend and bartiromo said about 10mins before close that there was huge imbalance to the buy side before the close, and dow moved up about 25pts

dow did an englufing down close followed by fridays inside up close, would be interesting to see what has happened after that combination has occurred previously

mornin' all

after a strongish (+14) day on Friday compared to dow ftse opened -11 weak this morning and has trade another -15 weak since. I'll be looking for a long/short soon.

if nothing happens at 10ish think I'll pack up for the day. It's at times like this when you try and 'make' trades happen.

A pinbar like that on the opening 10 min chart should have had a massive reaction

Last edited:
Yeah, Looks like shorting day , my ideal price to short will be 45 as that is the resistance line.

Waiting to see a bit of price action at resistance line... overall I am still bearish.

JT

Closed FTSE short for 25 points, looks to have bottomed for now.

Will probably go back with uptrend later.

Ian