Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

out of trade now and waiting +2 points that should just buy me a coffee n donut:LOL:

the 5255 has become 5281 1st half hour breakout anyone:cheesy:

off to Lake District for the day catch ya latter

Bernanki is expected to wag his tongue on Friday re more stimulus so who thinks the big boys will get prior warning? Maybe we can spot it in the markets:)

If we can get above 1160 on the ES, then we will see 1180 today. I just have a feeling this will be a small range day. Volumes have dropped significantly, and I just don't see the US doing much this afternoon either.

Trading got volatile this morning between 8am and 10:30am. Not because of high volume. Actually the order book wes very thin and jumped about all over the place. I had to widen my stops from 5pt out to 10pts again just to make sure I wasn't taken out. Also, the margin between the bid and the ask is usually 0.5pts on the FTSE, at times this morning that gap was as much as 4 pts! These are NOT normal markets and trading when the markets are like that is highly dangerous. I look for order in the price action. If it keeps breaking rules and does stuff it is not meant to do, you are better off rearranging your sock drawer. The market has settled down now, but I can't wait till August is over.

Hi Chaps lovely day here in the hills
I forgot to say this morning something that I noticed recently in the price action which may be of interest to scalpers durring day sesh if price pulled back on the hour take it long for 20 and if the price was high on the half hour take it short for 20 depending on whether you wanted to be long or short just a thought.

Thanks for the observation. I would have thought the hills would be much more interesting than the old stock market.

8:30 High at 5135. Sells off to a low of 5096.5 by 8:50am. That's 38.5 pts
9:30 high at 5142. Sells off to a low of 5122.5 by 9:50am. That's 19.5 pts.
10:30 high at 5151. Sells off to a low of 5128 by 10:45am. That's 23 pts.

Looks like someone is using a 30 minute chart.

the 181 was vigorously defended but alas was not to be but then the DOWs 300 target was always going to push it just had it for tomorrow be nice if DOW hit target and FTSE hit 255 at same time

Ps nice place but hills are green water is wet and now sky is wet now I know why there are so many cafe's here

if we go low around 5150 into close then 5139 and 5255 come back in play

hope your having a nice day out dc

its not bad had a little shower earlier :LOL:

I have left sell order in @5250 and buy order in @5149 and looking to close Friday @ figure PMd in the wisdom of the crowds thread earlier this week