Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

? yes but not when i'm in the loo dj :LOL:

not far from 5600 today eh? do you know what that is ?……….fanfare ….dancing girls …..cymbals crash……rolling drums…..it’s the one it’s the only it’s ……you read it here first……it’s

THE 2009 HIGH :clap::clap::clap:

hmmm shame it didn't get there

mmmm.. well it might tomorrow!! we have oil and copper option expires tomorrow which could send stocks higher.. just in time for the end of the EU summitt , market gets unhappy again and bang - down it comes.

That is why oil is pushing up for no other reason that to squeeze option holders... one thing I have learnt is you need to keep an eye on key option expiries.. something I dont do enough of.:sneaky:

mmmm.. well it might tomorrow!! we have oil and copper option expires tomorrow which could send stocks higher.. just in time for the end of the EU summitt , market gets unhappy again and bang - down it comes.

That is why oil is pushing up for no other reason that to squeeze option holders... one thing I have learnt is you need to keep an eye on key option expiries.. something I dont do enough of.:sneaky:

well it's something i dont do any of i have no idea when it comes to that kinda stuff. im just a charty pants:)

first i look for the butcher then i look for the baker then i look for tha main man:)

well it's something i dont do any of i have no idea when it comes to that kinda stuff. im just a charty pants:)

first i look for the butcher then i look for the baker then i look for tha main man:)

well aren't you just a rooting, tooting swanky pantsy kind of guy...:LOL:

Well.. since I found out about the options I have closed all my short positions.. I remember last month we had exactly the same ... up..up it went then as soon as option expired .. bang down it went.

I think somewhere around 5610 / 20 is gonna be good for a shorting party.:cool:

DC .. you indicated that this could come by Friday.. are you still of this view?

Hi DJ
The 5089 is etched in stone along with the 11022 preference for the FTSE is to get there late thursday and then resume the rally

Sorry who are the S&P forecasters?

Hi don't get on here much in the week just seen your question, and was refereing to the thread weekly forecast S&P500 cash 2011.
They play a game between there selfs, and each week they score points if there right. They have a leader board and at the end of the week points are allocated to the ones that got it right.

The point is you may be suprized to hear that this week they have all gone long.

Hi don't get on here much in the week just seen your question, and was refereing to the thread weekly forecast S&P500 cash 2011.
They play a game between there selfs, and each week they score points if there right. They have a leader board and at the end of the week points are allocated to the ones that got it right.

The point is you may be suprized to hear that this week they have all gone long.

didnt get my vote in but would have been the odd man out

Hi DJ
The 5089 is etched in stone along with the 11022 preference for the FTSE is to get there late thursday and then resume the rally

I personally think the move down will start tomorrow night.. We have nat gas and copper expiries tomorrow hence keeping all commodity prices high for the squeeze.. The cut coincides with the end of the EU summit..!!!

I will scale in tomorrow on highs ... I expect quite a bit of short and long squeezes tomorrow....down....up...down

Yet another case for me getting my finger out on a medium term option

was looking to exit DOW into close and considered 688 for a second reload would have been 788

Im looking for 350/400 points off this trade but you can bet on missing 200 easy points in the process

anyway back to FTSE a sell after ss should provide a down up down down type day

Yet another case for me getting my finger out on a medium term option

was looking to exit DOW into close and considered 688 for a second reload would have been 788

Im looking for 350/400 points off this trade but you can bet on missing 200 easy points in the process

anyway back to FTSE a sell after ss should provide a down up down down type day

You can see it starting to take shpae now.. but with all the euro babble on the wires I am sitting still..

Most of the EU meetings today seem to be after Wall Street opens

11:00 GMT: Merkel to address Parliament on EU summit

15:15-15;45 GMT: Arrival of members of the European Council

16:00-17:00 GMT: Euro-area summit 27 heads of state

17:15 GMT: Leaders of 17 euro zone countries meeting

I am watching 1234.75 on the ES if this holds that will be 38% retracement and back down again. But it is not selling off so my guess is we go up one more level to 1238. I think the fireworks will come later. Maybe a rangey crap morning followed by rumour inuendo and infighting from europe. Bound to be lots of leaks today followed by strong spikes down.

In a "normal" market I would have sold the break down from the double top and the resistance level, but this is by no means normal. The volume is low and people are watching the telly in the other room.

high in for the day -no
low in for the day -no

would prefer 5561 in next hour for the high