Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

in for sell 5562, stop now @ b/e
will it work this time, please ?

if you are aiming for DCs target then a tight stop will make life difficult.. I have my smallest size in entry at 5533 ftse futures and my stop is 5580....

I am anticipating that futres could get to 5577/83 before coming south.. which is why I have small size on ,, as I will add in at this point and average down (wash your mouth out DJ) but if this breaks below before hitting these highs , then I will add in.

With the euro /usd option expiry at 1.4 and ES not tested yesterdays highs yet.. then cant see this coming down for a bit longer

I'm trying to catch a swing. FTSE keeps hitting resistance @ 5572. I'm going in when it fails, but someone keeps pushing it back up.

if it his 5580, I might be buying for 10-15 pips.

my stake and stop are minimal because it's a small account.

no, it won't...
on the sidelines for now

OG - don't try and force it. I stopped trading today a while ago. It has tried to go down several times and refuses to capitulate. The ES is testing its high right now, and what it does from here is your guide for the next two hours. Traders don't like buying tops, and shorts have got burned this morning, so it's a case of sit tight or range trade.

If you want to range trade sell the UBB and buy the LBB on the 5 min chart with an 8 period setting for the bolinger bands. And don't get greedy. Take small profits and don't be afraid to scratch for zero.

Right, I just took that small range trade. I sold on a limit at 5540.5 and closed for 5pts 4 mins and 28 secs later. The entry was at the UBB. I wanted to see it go down to the LBB at 5530, but it stalled and I opted for the safe option and just banked the money. A new 5 min candle was about to start and the ES had retraced back to where it broke out and could possibly bounce and extend the new range upwards.

it was a bottom and 359 held. nice moves if you can spot them the market has moved 186 points since.

Hi Dick,,, friend of mine sent me this on email... instantly thought of you.. it is the Victor Meldrew curve

Attachments

• victor meldrew.jpeg
    victor meldrew.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 124
Right, I just took that small range trade. I sold on a limit at 5540.5 and closed for 5pts 4 mins and 28 secs later. The entry was at the UBB. I wanted to see it go down to the LBB at 5530, but it stalled and I opted for the safe option and just banked the money. A new 5 min candle was about to start and the ES had retraced back to where it broke out and could possibly bounce and extend the new range upwards.

Nice !!

Thought I'd better put my money where my mouth was, and show what a range trade involves. I'm still not trading though. It's lunchtime and we are in the middle of a 20 point range. There have been no clear breakaway breakouts, and no trends all day except for the force up at the beginning of the day.

Well.. this is either a massive breakout coming ... but it looks a bit obvious

or this is a monster spoof..

Hi martin
a sell day can also come after a ss day and its typical to see three or four hits around the same price this was tuesday wednesday should have broke those low prices and produce a buy
wednesday was a re short day into exit thursday then buy on friday

Dc - I meant to say thanks earlier for this. These are not normal markets and there seems to be a fair amount of engineering of the price. I think we are all expecting a sell off to end all this but timing it correctly is becoming a little difficult. We are near a top, but where exactly it is has yet to be confirmed. I got my 1250 on the ES, but maybe one more push up to 1258 on the S&P 500 cash, and that might be it.

We have traded mostly sideways since results season started, but it does look like we are trying one more push north before "normality" is restored. The euro problems don't go away if Merkel and Sarkozy sign a piece of paper tomorrow. At least corporate earnings are still looking ok for now, and therein lies the strength of the market.

You can always rely on Mrs Merkel to precipitate a 30 pt drop. At 13:01 she says clause in EU statement is not acceptable, and finally we got a sell off. So that's all it takes!!!

I have 5422 as a possible target today on futures - anybody else see this? or am I being too ambitious?

I have 5422 as a possible target today on futures - anybody else see this? or am I being too ambitious?

I like ambition 5458 first then 5378 dont mind the later overnight but need to break 5458 by at least 10 points before close