Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

absolute classic day on the FTSE and we know what comes next

question is
is your preference to break high 5579 to short

or gap down -65 @5458 then run

I hope it is the latter .. that means my current short ftse fut at 5518 comes good

they used the news to clobber all the longs. simples click click :)

in my opinion the buying all takes place at the bottom which is where we might be now so this would be a buying day even if it looks like a selling day but we might not be at the bottom yet :(

it was a bottom and 359 held. nice moves if you can spot them the market has moved 186 points since.

Levels I am watching for S/R / or breakouts are (FTSE Futures)

5577/5583
5536 - PH
5450 - PL
5360/87

Euro bounced off short term trend line this morning but 1.3925 has held it so far
Bunds looking Bearish.. but have traded in a range for a few days now and they are
close to the bottom of their range, any move up to the top of the range is obviously bearish for equities. Futures FTSE hit key fib level. I am short at present , but will offset aany move against me by scalping the Bund.

Happy trading

5570 good enough for me lets see if we can get some steam into this I was trying to work out when the last time was there were so many downside targets in play at one time but gave up after going back to 2005

5570 good enough for me lets see if we can get some steam into this I was trying to work out when the last time was there were so many downside targets in play at one time but gave up after going back to 2005

Also short 5565. This was around the 100% expansion on the action this morning.
Was looking for your 5579 which lined up perfectly at 138%.

Dc do you use Time and Price for your entries, or is everything based on your calculated figures?

It’s a long way to 5089, it’s a long way to go,

It’s a long way to 5089 to the sweetest profit I know!

Goodbye to the rally, farewell bullish stance!

It’s a long, long way to 5089, but my heart’s right there.

as you can see I have far too much time on my hands:LOL:

It’s a long way to 5089, it’s a long way to go,

It’s a long way to 5089 to the sweetest profit I know!

Goodbye to the rally, farewell bullish stance!

It’s a long, long way to 5089, but my heart’s right there.

as you can see I have far too much time on my hands:LOL:

nice tune DC.. I will name it in 3...

and for once I am not going to get clever and take it out hoping for a retrace later// this does not seem to work for me..

the position stays in on a trailing stop and I may scalp Bunds or Eurostoxx

Also short 5565. This was around the 100% expansion on the action this morning.
Was looking for your 5579 which lined up perfectly at 138%.

Dc do you use Time and Price for your entries, or is everything based on your calculated figures?

entries based on figures but they have to hit in a timeframe

when I get some time next month Im hoping to try and combine swing trading moves with Martins indicators and style to see if there is a medium term trading setup that would suit me
looking to be in the market for less time per trade than the current 3 days to 3 weeks yesterdays FTSE was classic I had the entry and could have easily made 60 points if I had lowered target considering the sell day expected

I did think we would be range bound by now, but the ES and FESX refuse to lie down. I think we will retest highs again, and maybe even go higher. It's called suspending belief with another belief!!!

I did think we would be range bound by now, but the ES and FESX refuse to lie down. I think we will retest highs again, and maybe even go higher. It's called suspending belief with another belief!!!

I am carefully watching the Bund which is making new lows but stocks are not reacting . I am hoping they are waiting for Bunds to test 134 area before shooting back up again..this should be the signal for stocks to drop ...:cry:

I would like to retract that statement your honour. The ES and FESX have just gone to bed, and taken Miss FTSE with them.

this is crazy.. quite a bit of euro bad news this morning.. but everytime market starts to drop , someone is buying it back up

there is an intraday eur/usd option expiry at 1.40... so this may put pressure on euro to the upsaide which means stocks could go higher ...

anybody any idea what time this option expires?