Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

And finally, have faith in your stops and be prepared to use (and lose) the full amount.

Great analysis as usual Martin.

I especially concur with that last point - when looking through my day's trading I'm forever find losers or scratch trades which I've closed manually but that actually never hit the (normally) 5 point stop:mad:.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Had a couple of great entry points this morning but I lost faith in both trades and closed both out manually for small losses only to see the market make its way nicely to my target soon after. It's been downhill since. I just hope the more experience I get, I will gradually get better at having faith in my stops and giving the trade room to breathe.

Thanks guys. I posted that to remind myself and us all to have some discipline. After a year and a half of trading, I still do stupid things.

Was it by taking trades that did not fit your plan ?
By being bored for example?

Yes, im usually pretty disciplined but went on auto pilot and took a bad trade. Even after telling majordutch in his thread the importance of not taking low quality trades! Easy to say but hard to do! Plan now is to sit out a few days to stop it happening again.

Yes, im usually pretty disciplined but went on auto pilot and took a bad trade. Even after telling majordutch in his thread the importance of not taking low quality trades! Easy to say but hard to do! Plan now is to sit out a few days to stop it happening again.

Easily done - you will always be on guard - emotion fighting logic. I think this is the biggest shock for traders when they begin live trading.
So true - the old saw that the biggest obstacle to successful trading is oneself. :)

Hi guys .. wanted to let you all know that I have tried the SB angle the last two weeks and opened a City Index account... this afternoon they have suddenly closed all their markets out so you cant trade.. they say it is due to technical issues... I dont believe them .. what a bunch of cowboys.. has anyone else had this problem with their SB company??.. I will be sticking with my futures broker from now on

Hi guys .. wanted to let you all know that I have tried the SB angle the last two weeks and opened a City Index account... this afternoon they have suddenly closed all their markets out so you cant trade.. they say it is due to technical issues... I dont believe them .. what a bunch of cowboys.. has anyone else had this problem with their SB company??.. I will be sticking with my futures broker from now on

its best to have more than one SB account.

I had a CFD account with city index. Same platform i think as the SB.
This was about 3 years ago, but they were a nightmare for having the service down.
Sometimes i could not login until all morning.

Not sure if it was there spreads that attracted you, but I have used IG index and IG markets ever since and cant recall the service being down once.

yikes! from doom and gloom to zoom zoom zoom "i don't beleive it" :LOL:

i think the fat lady burst her knicker elastic but its still not over :LOL:

maybe tomorrow we'll hear the words " it is now" :LOL:

Dj - Why don't you try Prospreads? They are spreadbetting but on a standard futures DOM platform. They charge 1/2 a pt per side for the FTSE futures, but if you push them you might get it down to 1/4 of a pt per side. There are no tricks, just like a regular futures platform except it is tax free. Not so good for scalping but perfect for swing trades. No requotes or inability to move limit orders close to the price.