Anyone expecting the EUR to dip aggressively this week?

Your online journal on ET, excuse the ignorance but what's ET? Love to see more of your work
Cheers

Dan

Elite Trader, the biggest trading forum on the internet.
(Thus forbidden being talked about on t2w) :whistling lol

Had a 1,200page journal with about 63,000posts (live-calls) on there,
then a 2nd journal with a few thousand more posts of live-calls of my entries and exits.

Before i start to sound too big-headed i should just say that i do occasionally make the wrong calls and have the incorrect speculations too! :LOL::p

Look at my Aud/Chf prediction for example! :D

I thought Aud would tank against Swiss if markets turned negative on Cyprus news, yet it shot up over 1% today!

I didn't trade it thankfully as there was no strong logical reason to of sold it just yet,
especially compared to other trades that i wanted to make today,
but if i had shorted it today i would have gotten completely spanked then spitroasted by the market! :LOL::eek:

Elite Trader, the biggest trading forum on the internet.
(Thus forbidden being talked about on t2w) :whistling lol

Had a 1,200page journal with about 63,000posts (live-calls) on there,
then a 2nd journal with a few thousand more posts of live-calls of my entries and exits.

Same user name at ET?

Before i start to sound too big-headed i should just say that i do occasionally make the wrong calls and have the incorrect speculations too! :LOL::p

Look at my Aud/Chf prediction for example! :D

I thought Aud would tank against Swiss if markets turned negative on Cyprus news, yet it shot up over 1% today!

I didn't trade it thankfully as there was no strong logical reason to of sold it just yet,
especially compared to other trades that i wanted to make today,
but if i had shorted it today i would have gotten completely spanked then spitroasted by the market! :LOL::eek:

Theres a very good reason that CHF behaves in exactly the same way as EUR presently, namely SNB and the peg.

If traders have no idea when the SNB may intervene, then they are not likely to speculate against the peg.

Volatility down strength building up I'm looking forward to a bounce before the bears resume their domination. I'm expecting the EUR / JPY to be a good pair as it has been for a while now.

Theres a very good reason that CHF behaves in exactly the same way as EUR presently, namely SNB and the peg.

If traders have no idea when the SNB may intervene, then they are not likely to speculate against the peg.

Chf 1.200 peg against the euro is way away from the Chf's current level against the Aud though.

The AUD/CHF upmove today wasn't anything to do with the fear of snb pegging to weaken chf,
it was because the pair follows oil extremely closely, especially due to both being exporter currencies.

And so as oil shot up 2% the aud rose with it.

I will sell it in a few days time though don't worry. :sneaky:

Volatility down strength building up I'm looking forward to a bounce before the bears resume their domination. I'm expecting the EUR / JPY to be a good pair as it has been for a while now.

You not scared of battling against the JPY whilst the Japanese government are actively and very sucessfully weakening it everyday??! :-0

I made a little bit of money by relentlessly buying USD/JPY when it was at 76.50/77 level,
however id be terrified of selling it now with what the boj are doing. :|

Chf 1.200 peg against the euro is way away from the Chf's current level against the Aud though.

The AUD/CHF upmove today wasn't anything to do with the fear of snb pegging to weaken chf,
it was because the pair follows oil extremely closely, especially due to both being exporter currencies.

And so as oil shot up 2% the aud rose with it.

I will sell it in a few days time though don't worry. :sneaky:

Turn one chart upside down and it's the same action.
So to all intents and purposes....it's pegged...EUR goes up, so does CHF and vice versa.

Attachments

• aud-chf_eur-aud.png
    aud-chf_eur-aud.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 137
You not scared of battling against the JPY whilst the Japanese government are actively and very sucessfully weakening it everyday??! :-0

I made a little bit of money by relentlessly buying USD/JPY when it was at 76.50/77 level,
however id be terrified of selling it now with what the boj are doing. :|

Am I sensing sarcasm? :innocent:

EUR / JPY made a major bounce, yet the CHF is lagging considerably. I have a feeling that this is actually a long-term sign that the EUR may be in a terminal decline.

The EUR can't sustain a bounce without sucking from the CHF... That's convincing that the EUR is an incredibly weak currency.

Of course that's a hunch, just a shot in the dark.

There's a huge hole in the EUR and it appears to be the CHF. I wonder if big money is already exploiting this disparity.

Im very interested in selling Crude Oil at 98.26, and extremely more interested even in selling Brent Crude at 113.16.

Am I sensing sarcasm? :innocent:

Sarcasm how/where?? :S

It was a genuine question,
as my style and method of trading is sitting on my ass watching and waiting until markets become extremely overbought/oversold in either direction,
and only then do i prey on them and attack it when its at its weakest. :devilish:

However i ofcourse need to constantly factor in news, data releases and fundamentals everyday before i start to prey on market just because it looks juicy.

And so whilst JPY has weakened a huge amount over last few months,
and so the charts all show it should strengthen,
JPY movement is controlled exclusively by what the BOJ say, not what the charts show to traders.

And so whilst BOJ are saying they are going to constantly weaken JPY further, never going to let it go below 92/93 ever again, are going to maybe peg it at 100 against usd... ect,
i would be terrified of betting against them that the Yen going to be allowed to get stronger.

Therefore im genuinely curious on what basis you are not scared to fight the boj??

I have done a bit of thinking and have come to a hypothesis that the CHF can crack the EUR through very simple measures if big money sees it fit and reacts appropriately, and this can all be done at a profit... It seems the EUR is doomed for the very long term.

Sarcasm how/where?? :S

It was a genuine question,
as my style and method of trading is sitting on my ass watching and waiting until markets become extremely overbought/oversold in either direction,
and only then do i prey on them and attack it when its at its weakest. :devilish:

However i ofcourse need to constantly factor in news, data releases and fundamentals everyday before i start to prey on market just because it looks juicy.

And so whilst JPY has weakened a huge amount over last few months,
and so the charts all show it should strengthen,
JPY movement is controlled exclusively by what the BOJ say, not what the charts show to traders.

And so whilst BOJ are saying they are going to constantly weaken JPY further, never going to let it go below 92/93 ever again, are going to maybe peg it at 100 against usd... ect,
i would be terrified of betting against them that the Yen going to be allowed to get stronger.

Therefore im genuinely curious on what basis you are not scared to fight the boj??

The answer to your question is profit taking - the most predictable aspect of the markets.

Think about it if the EUR was 'broken' just as the GBP was years back the markets could treat the EUR much less favorably and really rock the currency to its' core.

The EUR has been killed these last few days and volatility has been down since the initial drop, but I have a feeling it still has more downside in the short-term.

I'll go on a limb here and say it cracks to 1.00 support yet again this week.

Last edited:
Well I think the EURUSD will start stalling and maybe halt around the 1.2680 area. Its not all so bad. Its still trading on the upper end of its multi year range. So I'm not certain of the market dumping. And Nicole Elliott, called a low around 1.2760/70. I would be a cautious seller around these levels

Well I think the EURUSD will start stalling and maybe halt around the 1.2680 area. Its not all so bad. Its still trading on the upper end of its multi year range. So I'm not certain of the market dumping. And Nicole Elliott, called a low around 1.2760/70. I would be a cautious seller around these levels

Booya bro, I try not to look too far ahead so I don't miss out on shorter-term signals but I think EUR/USD will only bounce for the night or so before falling back lower. Still a huge downside on the EUR, with the Cyprus situation shaking the Eurozones' confidence it could drop 10% fully this quarter.

Booya bro, I try not to look too far ahead so I don't miss out on shorter-term signals but I think EUR/USD will only bounce for the night or so before falling back lower. Still a huge downside on the EUR, with the Cyprus situation shaking the Eurozones' confidence it could drop 10% fully this quarter.

Yeah best not to have some hyped-up pro call you out as an idiot- (Whoa they are never wrong) just for having an opinion errrrrr I mean call.

I had my **** in the woods on Monday afternoon. Is there anything else of interest to a (Non Pro) after that ......:LOL: