Anyone expecting the EUR to dip aggressively this week?

I see cac, ftse mib and dow all likely rocketing over 2% today based on this news!! :(

And so to hedge my Dax short im going to be buying Dow in the next few minutes at around the 14,500 level and just hold it for however long it takes until my Dax target is reached.

Dow will always bounce back no matter what due to bernanke,
and especially since hes talking at 5:15pm this afternoom the dow will have an orgasm like it does everytime he opens his mouth!

And so im going long dow to hedge my dax short.

I see cac, ftse mib and dow all likely rocketing over 2% today based on this news!! :(

And so to hedge my Dax short im going to be buying Dow in the next few minutes at around the 14,500 level and just hold it for however long it takes until my Dax target is reached.

Dow will always bounce back no matter what due to bernanke,
and especially since hes talking at 5:15pm this afternoom the dow will have an orgasm like it does everytime he opens his mouth!

And so im going long dow to hedge my dax short.

That's exactly why I don't like to roll the dice deep overnight.

I wouldn't sweat too much, a bounce early in the week means profit taking later in the week, profit taking in Europe will lead to loading and extending in American markets later this week. All speculation but we'll see if my idea reigns true. Common sense seems to be the law of macro-markets anyway... :innocent:

Pro traders read the charts, ameteaur traders read the news. At least that's how I look at it.

I can't argue with that, great news can lead to huge downtrends if it comes at a top...

And at that the EUR is starting to look weak, it is becoming apparent that their will be a good chance the EUR dips well within the week.

I'm thinking the JPY, USD and CHf would be good pairs on it to catch the EUR crack to the downside. I have a feeling the EUR may have topped just 2 hours into this week.

I can't argue with that, great news can lead to huge downtrends if it comes at a top...

And at that the EUR is starting to look weak, it is becoming apparent that their will be a good chance the EUR dips well within the week.

I'm thinking the JPY, USD and CHf would be good pairs on it to catch the EUR crack to the downside. I have a feeling the EUR may have topped just 2 hours into this week.

I've, already shorted the GBP and closed it because I'm nervous. The Euro does look weak but I also notice the yen does,too. Looks like a strong dollar thing, to me, this morning, at least.

Wow big dip on the EUR. Great pips with the CHF, JPY and USD. Sweet way to start the week.

Wow this crash in indicies has come from nowehere! :-0:eek:

Really as f**cked me over, as my Dax short has now shot into a huge profit,
after having been at a loss earlier when Dax was nearly 2% higher than current level...,
yet due to my Dow hedge im now sat holding a loss on my dow long!! :mad::mad:

Relly p*sses me off that the1 day which i finally give in and follow everyone else in ''not fighting the fed'' turns out to be the 1 day in 6months that the dow does huge intraday reversal based on nothing:!: :mad::mad:

Anyone think the EUR/USD will bounce from here? Looks that could be a possibility from the charts..

Anyone think the EUR/USD will bounce from here? Looks that could be a possibility from the charts..

EUR regaining some strength after this dive, of course it can bounce the question is will it be a big bounce. I speculate that the EUR will be overwhelmingly bearish so any bounces to the upside will be overshadowed by dips.

Wow this crash in indicies has come from nowehere! :-0:eek:

Really as f**cked me over, as my Dax short has now shot into a huge profit,
after having been at a loss earlier when Dax was nearly 2% higher than current level...,
yet due to my Dow hedge im now sat holding a loss on my dow long!! :mad::mad:

Relly p*sses me off that the1 day which i finally give in and follow everyone else in ''not fighting the fed'' turns out to be the 1 day in 6months that the dow does huge intraday reversal based on nothing:!: :mad::mad:

The currencies started in the morning ,though, which II thought was a warning for indices when NY opened. I was in a currency pair so left indices alone. To-day has been a shorter for everyone.

Ive just been scalping Dow and Dax this afternoon as scalping is so easy and fun with huge spikes up and down like today. :)

Nabbed £560 profit from that 30minute Dow scalp,
plus just cashed in a large portion of my Dax short at 7,876 for £398 profit.

Am still holding my Dow futures long trade,
plus a dax short, which im gna add more sells to at 7,933.

Still maintaining my target of 7,756 on Dax
but gna dump my entire Dow long hedge trade at 14,496.

Only an idiot fool would sell euro still.
You missed the boat when it was at 1.36/37, so dont chase now that its at 1.29!! :whistling

:LOL: well well well down 200 pips. Usually I wouldn't respond to such an ignorant comment made directly towards myself but in this case I made an exception

:LOL: well well well down 200 pips. Usually I wouldn't respond to such an ignorant comment made directly towards myself but in this case I made an exception

If you read the rest of what i wrote you will clearly see that i said-
''Yes the eur/usd COULD drop another 600pips down to the 1.2336 area over the next 1-2weeks,
however it could also JUST AS EASILY rebound back up 200pips to the 1.3226 or 400pips to the 1.3365 area.

Look at the chart ive attached and you will see how mid-range eur/usd actually is,
and how wide and abrupt the swings of few hundred pips can be''.

And it turns out that YOU were wrong i was correct anyways!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::devilish:

As you posted your sell euro trade call on Saturday night.
Euro was trading around 1.2930 at that time, and so if anyone had sold when you said to they would have had the euro spike over 100pips against them! :cheesy::sneaky:

I was correct though as i said it was foolish and very risky to sell at such a mid range level as 1.2930 as euro could very easily swing hundreds pips either direction in seconds based on any news,
and it turned out that i was totally correct. :rolleyes::whistling

And it turns out that YOU were wrong i was correct anyways!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::devilish:

As you posted your sell euro trade call on Saturday night.

Wrong :LOL: No call just an opinion / perhaps you have never heard of such things. I'll just assume the 'Sunday Night' reference was t a typo. If you think being right all the time on a trading forum is the key to riches then you have a long long way to go.

But then you would know that anyway big shot:LOL::LOL:

Wrong :LOL: No call just an opinion / perhaps you have never heard of such things. I'll just assume the 'Sunday Night' reference was t a typo. If you think being right all the time on a trading forum is the key to riches then you have a long long way to go.

But then you would know that anyway big shot:LOL::LOL:

So you dont even have the capital or conviction to trade your own calls??! :LOL::LOL::cheesy::cool:

No it wasn't a typo, you posted your ''sell euro opinion'' at midnight on saturday night when euro was at 1.2930 level,
was totally wrong though as market shot up 100pips to above 1.3040. :cheesy:

And if you look in my journal you will see that i actually live-called my trades today,
a point perfect entry buying Dow at 14,396 and cashed in at 14,466 @ £8 per point, and cashed in some of my Dax short at 7,876 for £390. :):whistling

When you are ready to start live-calling all your trades inadvance then talk to me! :devilish:

BBB,you surely have to apologise for your comment. How in the world could you say that.In any time frame it is capable of moving in a direction.So to express the way you did and also to be wrong is out of line. you seem very boisterous about your abilities. Your welcome on the thread to show us how!!!!

BBB,you surely have to apologise for your comment. How in the world could you say that.In any time frame it is capable of moving in a direction.So to express the way you did and also to be wrong is out of line. you seem very boisterous about your abilities. Your welcome on the thread to show us how!!!!

She's a bit rude huh?

Not that I care.

So all in all she acted a fool calling the wise traders fools for thinking the EUR had more downside, which it did, and a lot at that.

Sorry but trading is an extreme rough, harsh and competetive game guys!! :devilish::):p:clover:

You want a load of hand-holding and sing-songing you are in totally the wrong industry! :LOL::clap::p

You make money trading by screwing and f*cking over other traders by having the opposite opinion to them, fighting against them in the market, and then destroying them and their capital by having been correct in your trade and so transferring all their money into your account. :whistling

It was foolish and risky selling the euro, sorry but that is just the fact!

YES EVERYONE CAN SAY AT THE END OF THE TRADING DAY WHAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD TO OF DONE AT VARIOUS POINTS OF TIME DURING THAT DAY! :smart:
I can say now exactly what would have been good lottery numbers to of played last weekend. lol

But at the time that this thread was started, that i made my comment, and that everyone whos repsonding to me now made their calls about selling the euro, it was sunday evening/night.....,
Monday morning the euro shot upwards 120pips before it THEN reversed and dropped around 200pips.

And so everyone who called ''sell the euro on sunday night'' would have very likely been stopped out as the euro would have spiked 120points against you. :)

I will congratulate people who make ''accurate and precise'' trading calls...,
but just saying ''buy the dow at 14,400 with a target of 14,560 with a thousand point stoploss on either side and your target will eventually be hit'' is not a precise or accurate call if the dow FIRSTLY drops 120points before it then reverses and eventually reaches the target. :rolleyes:

You want to see precise and accurate trade calls look in my new journal on this site in the journal-section of this site.
I live-call all my trades within seconds of making them,
and you will see there the trade i called/made today of buying the Dow at 14,396 @ £8per point, and livecalled when i cashed it in 30minutes later at 14,466 for £560 profit.
Will also see the £390 profit i made from cashing in half of my Dax short at 7,876,
entry and exit both live-called realtime in that journal.

And ive been doing this for over 6years now btw,
generated between 320% - 5,600% percentage return on my starting capital each and every year of these 6years (and unlike everyone else i am the 1 person who live-calls inadvance all of my trades in my online journal on ET),
and so i do know exactly what im doing, and have earned the right to have such a boisterous style of posting.
:cool:

Your online journal on ET, excuse the ignorance but what's ET? Love to see more of your work
Cheers

Dan