any other women on here

i have high hopes for my boys!! the eldest is on £41k per year (coaching 12 hours a week!! jammy sod!)

and Zak, lol lets see how quickly he can loose his money, when he get distracted with a minecraft video!

Heck why didn't someone set me up with a demo account when I was 7 !!!

:eek:

And Wowsa, that is some very expensive coaching your eldest is getting there !!!

:eek::eek:

Ah yes now I remember, we talked about that earlier.

But that is really good money he is making at his tender age, and for just 12 hours at that.

Well done indeed !!!

Also on him having won the European Championship, you can be very proud !!!

Have I just encroached on a PM conversation? ha ha

I miss skimbleshanks. Now there was a feisty woman :)

Have I just encroached on a PM conversation? ha ha

I miss skimbleshanks. Now there was a feisty woman :)

Haha nah Richard, open minded and hearted, Terrie and me.

:LOL:

Don't remember skimbleshanks, don't think I chatted with her.

Dunno for sure tho, having moved on a tad from 7 years of age, memory can start acting up from time to time !!!

:eek:

Lol reading this thread you get recommendations to similar ones at the bottom of the page somewhere.

I do remember Jtrader with great fondness, whatever became of him I wonder.

Only he could regularly come up with such epic posts and threads:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/41462-pursuit-women.html

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

just had a quick read^^^^^^^

just sold my treadmill, another £80 for the trading pot. (also shut zaks hand in the van door in the process. oopppss!!)

got to go get the little one from school and go to work now. yay!!

Haha morning Terrie.

Good read what.

He had endless stuff like that, could go on and on.

But seemed like a nice guy.

Had some good trades already ?

:)

Haha morning Terrie.

Good read what.

He had endless stuff like that, could go on and on.

But seemed like a nice guy.

Had some good trades already ?

will keep myself amused and scroll through when its quiet.

got on short eur/jpy and usd/jpy earlier closed at £17 up for this morning. (started account with £150 on monday)
got to go out in a bit but waiting to see what gbp/usd doing!

Yay.

Looking a bit undecided at the moment.

That's what funny threads are good for when waiting for good trades.

:D

Yay.

Looking a bit undecided at the moment.

That's what funny threads are good for when waiting for good trades.

:D

have decided im only reading funny/light hearted threads in future

the ones discussing strategy just confuse my poor little brain!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good music (and band member) there.

Not in the lulz department but still some first class posts there, Cofton saying what we talked about yesterday, think you can, and you can, think you can't, and you can't:

my favourite video. i know its the sport i teach but the words get me re motivated everytime im felling flat!! oh and my boys at 4.54 on vid

http://youtu.be/EsZGN1VY2m0

Here ya go, some more inspiration:

D70: "I've got an excel sheet of my trades from £483 (starting capital) to ~£150,000 over from '07 to '09. (Personal account rather than work account)."

and

aliasentric: "If you believe it when everyone says it will take you 5+ years to become profitable, then it sure will take you that long. Or longer.

If I believed everyone who says it will take me many years to become profitable, I would have never started trading to begin with. I determined how long it was going to take ME to become profitable. What you believe is possible, you will achieve. What you do not believe is possible, you will not achieve. I think this has been said before, but I haven't heard it applied to trading.

Many knowledgeable traders share their knowledge. It's all over the internet. I appreciate it, since I have learned from what other successful traders have shared FOR FREE. The trick is to learn what will work consistently. AND what will work consistently for YOU.

I have found in my experience, majority of voices in the trading world did not point me in the right direction to become successful. But they did give me enough information for me to point myself in the right direction.

Do you want to make a stable income from trading? Identify what is preventing you from achieving this goal. Pinpoint each problem that recurs. Then research ways to fix each problem. Keep making adjustments until you eliminate the problem, or at least until it's not killing you any more.

If you cannot solve the problems with your trading style, then perhaps you need to change your trading style?

I could go on and on about all of the "assumptions" most traders make, that will make you think it will take way longer than it needs to. For example, some successful traders are celebrating that they can double their account in a year. Not saying this is not successful. But unless you have a whole lot of money to start with, it's not going to give you a stable income any time soon. You determine how much you NEED to increase your account in order to live on the gains, and how long it will take you to do it, AND what you will need to do to reach that goal every week/month. You've got to be goal oriented.

So, how long will it take to make a stable income from trading? How long YOU think it will take you is the most likely answer to this question."

Some people have an uncanny knack for getting things the wrong way round.

You won't be happy, if you aren't now, once you have the house, the car, the yacht, the dream partner.

First you have to be happy, then the rest comes along.

Same goes for goals, they are an extremely important driver of what does or doesn't happen in your life.

If you don't know what you want or where you want to go you'll likely end up in a place you never wanted to be, and that may not smell of roses.

Your eldest Terrie must have had an inherent understanding of all that, which is why he went out there and won the European championship.

Dunno how many Market Wizards - Jack Schwager included - increased their trading stakes tenfold in one year which with the magic of compounding comes out at roundabout 20% / month account growth.

While there may be certain members here - currently sin binned out to pasture - sniffing at that, but by contrast to certain allegations made from that general direction these kinda returns are achievable.

You just need a clear cut business plan with very specific objectives, how many percent you want to achieve per year, month, week, and what you need to do on average on a daily basis to get there.

That's the absolute starting point and basis for success.

Oh and for a triple strong load of inspiration for ya: D70 is a gal to boot.

Just goes to show what the sisters can do once they set their minds to it.

This was her website:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100302091112/http://www.tradingthehardway.com/id1.html

images

Here ya go, some more inspiration:

Some people have an uncanny knack for getting things the wrong way round.

You won't be happy, if you aren't now, once you have the house, the car, the yacht, the dream partner.

First you have to be happy, then the rest comes along.

Same goes for goals, they are an extremely important driver of what does or doesn't happen in your life.

If you don't know what you want or where you want to go you'll likely end up in a place you never wanted to be, and that may not smell of roses.

Your eldest Terrie must have had an inherent understanding of all that, which is why he went out there and won the European championship.

Dunno how many Market Wizards - Jack Schwager included - increased their trading stakes tenfold in one year which with the magic of compounding comes out at roundabout 20% / month account growth.

While there may be certain members here - currently sin binned out to pasture - sniffing at that, but by contrast to certain allegations made from that general direction these kinda returns are achievable.

You just need a clear cut business plan with very specific objectives, how many percent you want to achieve per year, month, week, and what you need to do on average on a daily basis to get there.

That's the absolute starting point and basis for success.

oooo i love spread sheets (pm'd you), i try to do one as i go along, great for motivation and focus!!

I admit i was a very hard task master with Chris when he was younger, every time he wanted to quit, i kicked his ass back to the gym.
he finally moved to london when he was 18 to train at the best club in the country. he worked as a security guard and paid his own way +22 hours of training a week. his goal was the worlds but that didnt happen due to an old back injury his partner had. but hes doing well now and producing little champion gymnasts at his club!! he was also pig sick of being poor!!

luckily i am not one for lavish things, never had any. but it would be nice to have a safe car and a house where no one can dictate if i have a dog or not!!! :LOL:

goals are good but without a vision of what you want your life to be, goals can fall by the wayside or be altered!!

Hi, BSD. Long time no hear. I might have known I'd find you on this thread. :D

Hi Split my friend.

Haha, I wonder, wonder why you'd think that !!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great to see you're around and going strong, always love hearing from ya.

Wish you lot's of health and other good stuff for the new year.

oooo i love spread sheets (pm'd you), i try to do one as i go along, great for motivation and focus!!

I admit i was a very hard task master with Chris when he was younger, every time he wanted to quit, i kicked his ass back to the gym.
he finally moved to london when he was 18 to train at the best club in the country. he worked as a security guard and paid his own way +22 hours of training a week. his goal was the worlds but that didnt happen due to an old back injury his partner had. but hes doing well now and producing little champion gymnasts at his club!! he was also pig sick of being poor!!

Agree that keeping track of ones trades in a journal or via spreadsheets etc (the latter not my forte I'm afraid haha) can work educational miracles, particularly when trading results aren't quite where you want them to be yet.

For Chris I think that's really great what you and he did, he will always have the mental strength he needed to succeed to the point of wining the European championship.

images