Any books that deal specifically with trading stocks?

Wizard Trader

Does anyone know of any books which are specifically about trading stocks, in particular US stocks. It's possible to find tons of books covering technical anaylsis or trading generally, but my web searching hasn't found a single one which teaches how to trade stocks.

Oh yeah, and it'd be kind of cool if any suggested titles aren't written by failed ex-traders! :p

Yours muchly, Wizard Trader

I'm new to trading stocks and used an eCourse called Timing the Market Just Like the Pros. You can find it at www.markettimingacademy.com. It helped me put together a trading plan and methodology that has been working well. Hope this helps.

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
Stan Weinsteins "secrets of profiting...."
William O'neills "how to make momey in stocks"

Though for all the talk of CANSLIM I always though Oneill was basically 99% a momentum strategy.

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
Stan Weinsteins "secrets of profiting...."
William O'neills "how to make momey in stocks"

Though for all the talk of CANSLIM I always though Oneill was basically 99% a momentum strategy.

Agreed about O'neil. The eCourse based a lot of its screening criteria on O'neil, but the trading was more technical in nature via the charts. Interesting read either way...

Try anything by Dr. Alexander Elder. He is a psychiatrist and a trader and his methods benefit from his understanding human psychology.

Alexander Elder's books are excellent: Come Into My Trading Room (and its companion study guide), Trading for a LIving, et. al.