Anne's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkate

Does anybody have any comment on Logica Holdings prospects re Anne's Diary with regards to biometric signatures and secure websites. Anne's Diary is supposed to be floated soon on the London AIM.

Does anybody have any comment on Logica Holdings prospects re Anne's Diary with regards to biometric signatures and secure websites. Anne's Diary is supposed to be floated soon on the London AIM.

I have bought some shares in this and believe it will be floating within 2 months. The concept looks great to me. Do you have any further info about Logica/Anne's Diary?

I can cheat so I can't play, ...I have IP and distance apart info :cheesy:

Any more punters wish to take a bet before I spill the beans :p

I have spoken with London AIM this morning and sent all the details I have for them to look at,they know nothing about the float yet but will let me know if the company is genuine as I have purchased shares.

Anne Frank's Diary was a good book when I read it at school. Does that help?

Blimey ~ a third one's popped up.

What's the verdict LM ?

oops :D yes, sorry forgot to update this thread.

all different IP's & ISP's (y)

ok, for original bets only and just for laughs, the distance apart is 191 miles

interestingly and i'm not saying which poster on this thread :innocent: and with a different ISP is 0 miles away from another :LOL:

Hi do you have any information on Annes Diary its all a bit strange.

if you shout load enough kenkate may hear you and let you know of any updates :D

seriously, no, I don't know anything about Annes Diary, sorry.

my interest in this thread is purely to check on any ramping, spamming, multinicks, etc, etc.

Has Cassie Cambell been duped?

I too have been approached to buy so called soon to be AIM listed shares in Anne's Diary. They do have an impressive pitch and have apparently got Cassie Cambell, a Canadian Ladies Ice Hockey heroine on board to promote their "secure social site for girls" see CTV.ca | Campbell champions secure social site for girls or do a search for Cassie Cambell. Does this lend any credence to their story?? Having been a victim of the "Edward Tate" scam and it's follow-ups I am still rather suspicious and have not parted with any money as yet.

I too have been approached to buy so called soon to be AIM listed shares in Anne's Diary. They do have an impressive pitch and have apparently got Cassie Cambell, a Canadian Ladies Ice Hockey heroine on board to promote their "secure social site for girls" see CTV.ca | Campbell champions secure social site for girls or do a search for Cassie Cambell. Does this lend any credence to their story?? Having been a victim of the "Edward Tate" scam and it's follow-ups I am still rather suspicious and have not parted with any money as yet.

All things being equal (they may not be) I can't see what an Ice hockey champion would know about investment - just because she thinks it's a good idea (it may well be) doesn't necessarily make it a profitable one (it may be). "They have an impressive pitch" - what's that worth?

In something like this I think it's risky to rely on someone else's view - especially if they're trying to sell. I would act on my own judgement and research and if I couldn't get sufficient info I'd pass. There are other instruments which are more likely to have a higher probability of return. I'd ask myself: why do i want to put money into this scheme? If I can't give myself a logical, reasoned and profitable answer, I'd pass.

Nowadays, I never put money into any trade if I have any doubts. You sound as if you have some - why take the risk?

annes diary

Scotsman,

After some thourough research I bought 20,000 shares in Anne's diary. Everything the dealer said to me on the phone was backed up in many independant articles including reuters, the times, the guardian and BBC pages. They also have some well known companies backing them. The Canadian education system is looking at taking it on in their schools as are the Japanese. They are also in talks with face book at the moment. The price I got shares at I dont think I can loose anyway. Anne's diary is the first site of its kind. With the level of backing they have, being supported by the canadian Government and the police, and having such a high tech entrance system they should lead the market in that niche.

I got shares at 50p. Did you get the same price?

Hi I can`t tell you what to do next but I am trying to get my money back I would hold on to your cash at the moment things look good on the surface but some information does not add up I hope I am wrong I should know more in the week.

Scotsman,

After some thourough research I bought 20,000 shares in Anne's diary. Everything the dealer said to me on the phone was backed up in many independant articles including reuters, the times, the guardian and BBC pages. They also have some well known companies backing them. The Canadian education system is looking at taking it on in their schools as are the Japanese. They are also in talks with face book at the moment. The price I got shares at I dont think I can loose anyway. Anne's diary is the first site of its kind. With the level of backing they have, being supported by the canadian Government and the police, and having such a high tech entrance system they should lead the market in that niche.

I got shares at 50p. Did you get the same price?

As far as I am aware the share price is 50p,who did you deal with, did you find all the information in the articles or was this in the sales pitch.

I too bought in Anne's Diary and I would like to hear anyones thoughts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The information was in the sales pitch initially. Then I checked it out by many internet searches. Independant articles form different sources backed up what they said. The guy I spoke was called Ed James.

Logica Holdings is the parent company. There director is a high profile guy who has been around for a while. Baldeseri I think he is called. Search his name and you can find his history. There are also radio interveiw transcripts with him talking about logica holdings. Also announcements of companies investing in them. Google anne's diary and you will find loads of independant articles about them and also about institutions backing them. The only reason this could be a scam is not if annes diary itself is a scam (as it seems to be a real company) but if the people who contacted us were not actually from Anne's Diary.

Quite unlikely.

I found it strange too how they wanted a copy of the bank transfer form faxed to them so i have not done that yet.

However eveything else seems to have checked out. So I am not overly worried. It is natural to be suspicious but all the e-mails I received were directly from the site and any I sent were too the site aswell.

I think its real.

Having checked it all out as you did, bobbyg, I was beginning to believe it's all geniune. This opinion was reinforced slightly when, on the 4th 'phone call from Russel Sloan, I said "No, I don't think this investment is for me and I don't want to go ahead" he actually took "NO" as an answer. He was really quite gracious about it saying "it is your decision". He had given me his telephone number previously 001 416 8000954 which as far as I can see is Canadian though the 800 bit of this doesn't seem quite right. Anyone out there better at checking these things than I am?
I actually decided that, apart from some still lingering doubts about the reality of this, I didn't want to invest because I had reservations regarding the potential of Anne's Diary. Will there be enough parents willing to stump up a monthly fee for their daughters to use the site. Will they be bothered to get a passport type application completed? Even if they do, will their offspring avoid all the other unsafe sites like good little girls? If they still continue to log onto Facebook or whatever then it doesn't matter how safe AD is. Out of interest I would like to know to whom those who have paid for shares made their bank transfers payable. Oh and yes I also was offered the shares at 50p. Logica Holdings currently trading at about 85 cents.

Im certainly hoping it is real!!

Money was payable to annes diary inc. I think its growth will be slowed up by the joining process compared to other sites. However I fele it will ceratinly make me a bit of a profit, although nothing like the sales pitch suggests. I think parents can probably put a lock on computers to stop kids using other networking sites?

Hi

I think the whole idea is good and if the news is correct about a large social netwrok site buying into all of this it will be really good for us.

My main concern was if it was all genuine or not, had a good chat with them to day and they told me that their application has been submitted to list on the AIM and will be announced in the next 10 days. It is anticipated that the ultimate listing will be concluded in approximately 5 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.