• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

Interesting, promoting brokers can be more profitable than trading or investing.
Bad brokers for beginnners need a lot of promotion. ;)
And there is no risk involved, like selling books, courses and EAs.
I think that for every profitable trader there are at least 10.000 that profit form "related to trading" stuff.
Yes, probably. I think it is a clever marketing scheme. You probably know that IG is paying around £1400 for 1 customer acquisition.
I personally have not and don't intend to ever fund my account with my money.
Another thing, this accounts lead to very bad habits and the newbies have to be very careful if they intend stay in the businesses.

Last edited:
It is very similar to that eToro was doing 7 years ago, they called it "evangelist program".
There were many badges and awards to post and be social but they paid you in credits, fake money that had to be cleaned with trading.
The same stuff when brokers promised 400% welcome bonuses.
Now credits have been banned by regulators, a great step forward.

It is very similar to that eToro was doing 7 years ago, they called it "evangelist program".
There were many badges and awards to post and be social but they paid you in credits, fake money that had to be cleaned with trading.
The same stuff when brokers promised 400% welcome bonuses.
Now credits have been banned by regulators, a great step forward.
In this case you don`t have to promote them in any way, actually some of the members write against them from time to time it is just a regular forum. I think their goal is search engines optimization. I personally don`t win or benefit anything with telling you about them.
Taking a bonus for funding your account is always a trap, you have to read "fine script" and think for a second. I am strongly against them.

Last edited:
Hi peeps.
After reading all the stuffs from various sources (including this one) and decided to give it a try.

Passed challenge stage. Now about to take the evaluation stage.

Basic info.
Took the Euro 10K type.
17 trades, (1 fx, 2 gold, the rest are CFDs).
Mode: Pyramiding + Lady of fortuna.

FTTMO passed!.JPG

Started on 7 Jan 2021. Mission cleared on 21 Jan 2021. (about 2 weeks time).
FTMO -Start date.JPG

Do shoot your Qs if you do have.

Is spx500 available as asset on FTMO ?
A simple strategy could be averaging down the index, at least there is a positive expectation instead of pure luck like martingales on forex...

Is spx500 available as asset on FTMO ?
A simple strategy could be averaging down the index, at least there is a positive expectation instead of pure luck like martingales on forex...
Yes, all major Indices are there. BTC too for those coin lover. Here are my trade for those interested.
You are right on avg down SPX500. That's how i did mine. Although not SPX500 alone.

1611244743572.png

1611282998651.png

Guys.
Not sure this is new or i have missed it when they updated it.

I just realized after challenge stage. The RR ratio for verification stage is actually much better. No longer 1:1 but 2:1(Max loss $1K: PT $500).
Great news for those who are looking into prop firm.

FTMO already revealed this failed rate in 2019(
).
As simple math,
92% failed.
275 funded traders (~ 8%) -> Total join traders: 275/0.08 = 3437
92% failed of 3437: 3437*0.92 = 3162
Let' say each trader take 180$ for 10k account. So, at least FTMO cash in: 180*3162= ~680k $.
Are you impressed?
Anw, as I said, until FTMO can follow their own rule, no trick, no fake (such as manipulate price/chart) and do timely payout. It's still a fair game to joined traders.

This space is to discuss about Darwinex vs competitors.
This is not advetising space for competitors.
The barrier is thin so we have to be vigilant.
Topic will be reopened soon.

Last edited:
Mentioning other businesses is allowed but only from real users to share their experience, not from the creators of the business to market themselves.
For example if someone is partecipating FTMO and shares his good or bad experience or his results this is very welcome.
Unbiased information for other members.
What is not allowed is someone working for FTMO coming here to write it is the best stuff in the world.

275 funded traders (~ 8%) -> Total join traders: 275/0.08 = 3437
92% failed of 3437: 3437*0.92 = 3162
Let' say each trader take 180$ for 10k account. So, at least FTMO cash in: 180*3162= ~680k $.
Are you impressed?
Among these 275 funded how many will lose their first "paid" year of trading?
Let's be optimist and consider 20% will be profitable... 50 traders.
Those 50 will adopt a low risk profile as suggested by you and @itstradingtime .
The fee to pay for FTMO will be around 4k per year per winner, it is about 200k per year, they have a remaining 480k profit.
TFs are a superprofitable business.
200k per year is very close to the fees paid by Darwinex for Darwinia. ;)

Among these 275 funded how many will lose their first "paid" year of trading?
Let's be optimist and consider 20% will be profitable... 50 traders.
Those 50 will adopt a low risk profile as suggested by you and @itstradingtime .
The fee to pay for FTMO will be around 4k per year per winner, it is about 200k per year, they have a remaining 480k profit.
TFs are a superprofitable business.
200k per year is very close to the fees paid by Darwinex for Darwinia. ;)
Did you find out how they calculate the 70% for the trader oder better: the 30% for the investor?
For each winning trade?
Like Darwinex from a high water mark after a period of time?