• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Alternatives to Darwinex

The5ers may reevaluate the maxDD at each levels, but the trick lies in the way too low maxDD at 4%, which prevents to use leverage and make the profit targets out of reach, even completely out of reach for the aggressive program, unless through tremendous luck that will never repeat.
Worse than that, the maxDD is maintained at 4% for their aggressive program when they ask for higher results (by providing more leverage). Clearly, scam conditions and a nasty trap for the dreamers

Let‘s take an example.
80k equity increased to 160k, the daily stop loss limit will stay at 4k and not increase to 8k
Not sure if I understood well what you mean, but it seems to me that everything is proportional at FTMO: https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

FTMO table.PNG

For me, the most annoying thing, in case I get funded, is that you cannot trade during important news. A stop loss hit counts as a trade, so, ideally you do not want to have positions during big news in their economic calendar, otherwise a simple stop loss and they can take the money back.
Since, again in case I pass, which is not guaranteed, I was planning just to put an EA to make $4-5K a year without spending my time on it, I find this rule quite annoying.

Reminder of basic metrics

FTMO, max 3 accounts of 80k € that can be merged into 1 once funded, with 70% profit split, equals to 1.14M EUR at Darwinex. Except that the leverage is not capped by VaR but free up to 100:1 (but suicidal). However, the practical leverage deployed will be about comparable to survive

EnFoid, max $700k, initially splitted in multiple accts, profit split at 50%, equals to 2.33M USD at Darwinex

All this with -20% MaxDD allowed. The schemes are more than valid. But anything tighter than these parameters is far from wise to enter (The5ers and others)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I understood well what you mean, but it seems to me that everything is proportional at FTMO: https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

View attachment 294585
For me, the most annoying thing, in case I get funded, is that you cannot trade during important news. A stop loss hit counts as a trade, so, ideally you do not want to have positions during big news in their economic calendar, otherwise a simple stop loss and they can take the money back.
Since, again in case I pass, which is not guaranteed, I was planning just to put an EA to make $4-5K a year without spending my time on it, I find this rule quite annoying.

Ok my mistake then, cool

Agreed that these news rule is abusive, but is kept around 2 minutes before and after the stat release ?

About EnFoid, it’s +/- 5 minutes
More precisions : “instead of a calendar EnFoid has a fixed set of events. Not all red events are no-trade events. these events are legally bound and part of the Traders contract. also, the events are limited to the asset it affects, for example: if there is an AUD event and you trade EUR, no-one cares. here is another secret: news trading in evaluation is almost never verified .. (again, don't tell anyone) ”

Again, it proves that once you go live, they care more about kicking you out... that comments their global philosophy, to take into account

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, it proves that once you go live, they care more about kicking you out... that comments their global philosophy, to take into account
This is the real point about TFs .
Everything makes think they make money only from losers and not from winners.
Probably they neither have the structure to take advantage of the few winners.
Darwinex , PAMMs , eToro make money from losers but also from winners and they look for winners because winners attract AUM and make real volume.

but is kept around 2 minutes before and after the stat release ?
Yeah, something like that.
My point though is that I cannot really trade with an EA while I do other things. Sometimes, 2 mins can hit the SL and I'm out of the game.
Still ok, not a big deal to check 5-6 news during the week, but not the hassle-free you have with a normal trading account.

I think they make money from losers and winners, it's just easier to make money from losers.
They might simply just give you a demo account and wait for you to burn it, but, with no proof, I want to consider the hypothesis that their business model is how they describe it.
I can understand why a demo account, they want to control this max loss of $10K as much as they can.
I can understand why they don't allow trading during big news or holding the position over the weekend, since it can create a higher divergence between the demo and the real account.
So, I want to believe that they also earn from winners, they just want to avoid some risks for their business.

View attachment 294585
Yes, and based on this you can be sure that they don`t want you to make money, because most of the profitable systems trade during important news events, because the markets are less random during such events and you can have edge. The systems that trade in the other periods are grids and martingales which blow out accounts regularly.

Can somebody tell me more about Psyquation, is there anybody using them?

This is the real point about TFs .
Everything makes think they make money only from losers and not from winners.
Probably they neither have the structure to take advantage of the few winners.
Darwinex , PAMMs , eToro make money from losers but also from winners and they look for winners because winners attract AUM and make real volume.
Every rule is written for the type "discretionary gambler bound to blow out"
I can`t imagine someone with the right mind giving 100k to someone like that, maybe that is why they are giving you demo account and telling you that they will copy your trades, to the real one, has any body seen a statement from a real money live trading account from FTMO?

Still ok, not a big deal to check 5-6 news during the week, but not the hassle-free you have with a normal trading account.
Interesting because we started to speak about TFs because Darwinex is a hassle with investable attrubutes and risk manager....
On Darwinex you can trade as you want.
On FTMO no news, so THA would be out, no swing trading so even SYO would be out.

Can somebody tell me more about Psyquation, is there anybody using them?
I am using Psyquation but not applied for axiselect program. I migrated one track record of Darwinex with 08-month track record, current PQ Score is 72 Darwin NHR.

Following are Selection criteria-

1.12 months track record. Any MT4 broker account
2. PQ Score 65 or more

OR

1.6 months of track record. Any MT4 broker account
2. PQ Score 75 or more

They will give you money proportional to your deposit. Exclusion criteria -10% for any month with 20% profit sharing.

I think any profitable trading system with a 01-year track record can easily qualify. No Profit Target, No Entry fee.
They are giving real money not any demo money, no restriction for trading style.

Any hints about Psyquation?
What is the reasonable minimum in $ amount, anything else important?

Do you know any other options to make money related to trading? Do you want to discus such things in this topic?
For example I have participated in a few forums that are sponsored by brokers and they pay you bonus money for every post in a real trading account, then you can trade and withdraw profits (I will not mention names, maybe it is against the rules of this forum).

We are here to evaluate opportunities, as long as it is objective and not cheerleading or aggressive advertising for me it is ok.

Reactions: TLN
I am using this forums since 2012. The first one was sponsored by Trader.bg (maybe you know them as Trading212) They stoped the program a few years back. Since then I ma actively participating in this one https://forum.bg/forum.php. The other ones I know and are sponsored by InstaFX are this one https://forum.mt5.com/ English one and this one https://forexdengi.com/ Russian.
The forum from which I am taking my bonus https://forum.bg/forum.php is Bulgarian, you can post with the help of google translate. I will be happy to have more meaningful discussions there This is the one for which I can tell you what to expect.
I am a member since 2012 but I am participating in the bonus program (attached account and using the bonus for trading) since 2018. For this period I have made between $12000 (according to the clients cabinet)-$16000(according to MT4 with ) with $0 deposited or spent from me. I think i know from where comes the difference but it is not important.
In the beginning I did not believe that they will pay me what I have earned, I know a few people that have been banned from the broker. Before they where funding the bonus every month this year they started doing it on weekly basis. The sum depends on how actively you participated and is based mainly on likes of the posts. Usually I get between $50 and $200 weekly.
The key moments:
- You can trade the bonus and you can withdraw the profits, if you lose the bonus and get a margin call the bonus is reset to your current account balance. When you receive the new bonus you can again able to withdraw every profit above the sum of the new bonus. You can see that there is a unlimited edge in this.
-They (the broker) don`t like big winners and very good traders. You have to keep it small. If you are making a lot of money fast and compound your profits they will probably ban you.
-There are rules you have to follow, no hedging, no scalping (position have to be held for longer then 5 min) etc. You have to know them and obey them or they will ban you
-Only one method really works for withdraws and it is via LTC or BTC(I don`t rekomend this one but it works)
-The trading conditions are not good, spreads are high (EURUSD 3 pips), requotes but the swaps can be turned off and there is plenty of leverage.

Interesting, promoting brokers can be more profitable than trading or investing.
Bad brokers for beginnners need a lot of promotion. ;)
And there is no risk involved, like selling books, courses and EAs.
I think that for every profitable trader there are at least 10.000 that profit form "related to trading" stuff.