All Failed Traders should become Vendors!!

donaldduke

Experienced member
Being a trading vendor (ie a trading coach, seminar seller, system seller, chat room operator etc) is easier than being a profitable trader.

And the money seems to be quite good.

I mean if you can get 100 clients a year at £1000 a head, or just 80 clients at £100 a head per month, that is 100K and good money for 99% of the population.

Even if you only make half that much, it is still a good living.

And if you are really good and can organise big vending events you can become rich.

Trading is very hard work and the results are not guaranteed.

The only skills required to being a good Vendor are:

1. A bit of trading and market knowledge.
This can be gained in six months of hanging around trading forums, reading books, and blowing a few small trading accounts.

2. The other requirement is being a good bullsh1tter. (Posting winning trades in hindsight is one example of the tactic used)

Having a profitable track doesn’t seem to be a requirement to make money in the vending business. Although if you had a profitable three month period anytime in the last couple of years you can use that in your marketing

So to all of you who have given trading a good go and are about to give up :(

Dont let all that experience go to waste :)

Become a Vendor!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Personally, I am a profitable trader. Profitable Day trading is very hard work and i can do without the distractions of being a vendor, even though i would probably be a very good one.

Last edited:
I'm not that sure it is that good a biz model though DD, not sure the demand is there anymore, I'm not noticing anywhere near the volume of out of the box strap on dildo systems that were available even this time last year. I reckon it's (our overall retail industry) reached saturation point and I wouldn't be surprised if our numbers are quietly collapsing. I've seen member numbers as low as 120 on T2W during the day, apparently (back in the day) it's been as high as 5,000..

Dante only had 14 scuzzies when last questioned and the way the TEC guys kicked off over a couple of hundred quid I'd suggest spec money is very tight and precious atm.

I still think there are gaps for training if done right, for example could we not all suggest the exact requirements we'd demand from a trainer and or call service and if it met our exacting criteria we may recommend it? Problem is to set that up correctly takes money beyond the 50 quid retarded sites and set ups we normally witness..

I'm waiting for the first vendor to be sued after a client loses then they find out their disclaimer that they copied from someone else wasn't legally verified by a lawyer. And then the fun begins. :D

Being a trading vendor (ie a trading coach, seminar seller, system seller, chat room operator etc) is easier than being a profitable trader.

And the money seems to be quite good.

I mean if you can get 100 clients a year at £1000 a head, or 500 clients at £200 a head, that is good money for 99% of the population.

Even if you only make half that much, it is still a good living.

And if you are really good and can organise big vending events you can become rich.

Trading is very hard work and the results are not guaranteed.

The only skills required to being a good Vendor are:

1. A bit of trading and market knowledge.
This can be gained in six months of hanging around trading forums, reading books, and blowing a few small trading accounts.

2. The other requirement is being a good bullsh1tter. (Posting winning trades in hindsight is one example of the tactic used)

Having a profitable track doesn’t seem to be a requirement to make money in the vending business. Although if you had a profitable three month period anytime in the last couple of years you can use that in your marketing

Personally, I am a profitable trader. Profitable Day trading is very hard work and i can do without the distractions of being a vendor, even though i would probably be a very good one.

Although i don't like vendors, i have come to realize that they are not going away, so i think we need more of them.. that way the vending market becomes even more saturated and they end up eating each others lunches.

So to all of you who have given trading a good go and are about to give up :(

Become a Vendor!!!!

If you can't trade profitably on a regular basis then you can't teach anyone else to be successful.............

Is there a correlation between number of vendors/number of new retail entrants and the economic cycle?

Is there a correlation between number of vendors/number of new retail entrants and the economic cycle?

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. In desperate times, desperate people are far more gullible to bullsh1t just to "earn" some money.

Why is everyone so anti-vendor on this site. If it's so easy, do it yourself and earn £100k a year on the side. I would imagine it's more difficult than you think.

Now, just to pre-empt the inevitable 'all vendors are scam artists' comments, the truth is that SOME of them actually do want their clients to make money (shock horror). And they probably approach it as business, which is what it is.

I know a failed vendor who became a trader though, so it can't be that easy :LOL:

p.s. 50k is not a good living in London. In the north it's a good living, for sure...

Sounds just like a line you would expect from a vendor :)

That's what I thought. He didn't need to put that. But I suppose he had to because a gang of vendors would have said "that's what losing traders say". No, it's what people say who are annoyed by others selling hopes and dreams.

There are just so many scam vendors out there that the good ones get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure honest reliable vendors have as difficult time with their business as anyone would with any business. I don't think anyone is saying it's easy. BUT, scam vendors DO have it easy. A plethora of ready and willing victims looking for the Holy Grail---just advertise that you have it. If it's so easy why don't we all do it? Well, most human beings have at least some morals and a conscience.

Peter

I suppose the question is: what is a scam vendor? Us lot would probably define this as someone who couldn't trade their way out of a paper bag but from a Trading Standards viewpoint, someone who coaches newbie traders just has to not make claims that they are a profitable trader or worked in a bank if they didn't, and simply teach authentic trading techniques (which would include established FA and TA knowledge) without guaranteeing success.

This discussion is such b0ll0cks, sorry.

To begin with, even the "BEST" trader in the world will go through a losing patch at some point (check out Buffett's drawdown in 2008!!), so who the f--- can "guarantee" that their students will start making money from day one?? It's impossible.

I don't disagree that there are many, many scam artists out there, but frankly, even the non-scam artists will be hard pushed to ensure their students are immediately and consistently profitable.

Given that most people's expectations when employing a coach or signal site will be unrealistically high, pretty much every vendor is a scammer as the results will disappoint, irrespective of their genuineness.

Become a Vendor!!!!

Rather than letting that experience go to waste as a VENDOR.....carry on your search in the market and put all that experience into what its there for...PROFITABLE TRADING....go get-em(y)