A million dollars in 3 months

52 weeks a year
5 trading days a week
260 day before market holidays for the Futures market.

If you guys think someone in this forum has done and can continually do 20pips a day in the FOREX market, Many people would like to meet this/that guy!

People get all excited and crazy when they see the Brokers like globalfutures.com with the $500 margin Emini's and or 400:1 FX and think wow I can do 10% a day.

Im sorry but its impossible even the best traders have Loss Rates. Say 3 out 5 days a week win rate at best it still doesnt hit the glorious 5k - 1mil.

15min charts still out of reach for me. I would be able to get into more positions that meet my criteria, but it's annoying to always be scrambling and crunching numbers, waiting for the next bar.

On those lower time frames, 1 pip makes such a huge difference that when I increase my target level to include the spread it completely alters the system. On 1 hour+ charts, it makes no difference to add a pip or a pip and a half.

Anyway, I managed to get down to the 1 hour charts and I'm satisfied there for awhile.

To Jazzidee, I'll catch you one day!

There's a lot of stuff on this thread that points us towards the knowledge that some people just aren't trading.

Let's sat I have a $10k account. Let's also say that my broker is legit and doesn't let me trade 20 e-mini contracts off that $10k.

Now - let's also say that I make 1% or $100 on day 1.

Now I have $10,100.

Can someone tell me how I alter my position size at this point so that I actually compound the $100 profits from yesterday?

Whatever it is you guys are smoking - send me some. Compounding at 1% a day is perhaps OK on shares where you can add 1 or 2 more shares to your position size each day but generally speaking, it's just bullsh1t. In the real world, you just cant compound every 1% of your $3k account. The products out there aren't that granular.

Oanda breaks it down into units, so I assess compounding each day. A few other brokers I've heard of have advertised it also. Generally speaking though, it is uncommon.

So the goal is 1 million in 3 months..well to prove it can be done i will be documenting my trading in my thread for the next 3 months and the goal is 1 million.. Starting with 200 dollars we will see how it goes in the next 3 months

p.s my account is at 7 bucks so in th next two weeks ill be starting

Oanda breaks it down into units, so I assess compounding each day. A few other brokers I've heard of have advertised it also. Generally speaking though, it is uncommon.

Oanda breaks S&P e-mini contracts into units?

I sincerely doubt it.

There is much silliness in this thread.

So the goal is 1 million in 3 months..well to prove it can be done i will be documenting my trading in my thread for the next 3 months and the goal is 1 million.. Starting with 200 dollars we will see how it goes in the next 3 months

Looking forward to the next "wipeout" journal.

This should be interesting.

Good Luck :)

Well then, rather than eating your own c** and calling people retards, how about this... If someone had a gun to your head, what is the best return you think you could pull from 5k in three months? An estimate.

With a gun to my head, probably -100%.

Without one, and not compounding, + 30% to 50%.

Well then, rather than eating your own c** and calling people retards, how about this... If someone had a gun to your head, what is the best return you think you could pull from 5k in three months? An estimate.

I would say, idiot, dont you know I'm a trader and 95% of all traders fail. Get that gun out of my face.

Seriously now, this thread is rediculous

Someone needs to open a globalfutures.com 2k account they allow 300-500 daytrading margins on the Eminis, trade the **** out of it and prove this once and for all. Any Traders up for it???

+20,000% in 3months (12weeks)
Non Compounded +1,666% per week
Compounded +55.55% Per week

Last edited:
The key to this would be

If/When you get to 55.55% a week you would have to stop trading. Overtrading would kill the account...

Imagine the pure Psych of this. Most people would just crumble and thats why those compettions never seem to get those consistently high returns.

5k, go on a real run. +55.55% returns compounded for a few weeks, (Man I think I got this thing figured out).

Holy S%!$ these once small moves can buy a new car. Man I better be careful. Strategy changes.

Thats it the changing point/turning point.!!!

Law of compounding and big numbers. Multiple accounts trying to run the same strategy simultaniously.

One would have to open a few other accounts to maintain the limits for the 300-500 Emini margins on globalfutures.com (http://www.globalfutures.com/accounts/300dtm.asp 25 lots max)

Throw in the Psych of it.

Last edited:
Law of compounding and big numbers. Multiple accounts trying to run the same strategy simultaneously.

One would have to open a few other accounts to maintain the limits for the 300-500 Emini margins on globalfutures.com (http://www.globalfutures.com/accounts/300dtm.asp 25 lots max)

Throw in the Psych of it.

I figure 40 accounts should do. (At 3xMargin 300 25 lots max)

I dont think even mechanical systems can maintain that level of continuity over that many accounts. Sry but I tried to rationalise it and take the scientific route and I feel it's impossible.