A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi F,

I may be getting more pips than you some days but I think it is down to my exceptionally long days at the screens and I note that you have been absent quite a bit lately during many hours.

I also have many trades now and catching up in practice and that helps a lot. The TW time rules and all other aspects are second nature now, whereas in the past I would need to check off each part to see where it ranks as a candidate.

lastly I have been looking at trades where I can, with reasonable certainty, load on on lot size a bit more. In the attached chart is a good example and there are very many each day like this. This is where the medium and longer lr's are nearly flat and any move to either side has the ability to bring the longer ones with it and providing a good bit of support to keep the move going. These trades can have a larger number of pips and generally you are looking at 25+ and can be 50+ easily. The risk reward on these is worth the extra lot size and when I exit at the first pullback I still have a lot of pips to play with for the partials and can get some nice money. I care less about pips than the cash and these set ups add quickly to the bottom line.

The above scenario is a good example of what you and NVP said recently about counter trend trades. If you are not 100% proficient then wait for these types of entries and there are many in a day. For the people who cannot get so many hours in then no trade is an option too sometimes as the market will be there tomorrow. Having some patience and catching some good trades is really a good and ironically fast way to grow your account size. Even if 18 pips represents 1% of your account size and you have a few days of 200+ pips then you can see that 100% months are possible and I am sure we would all accept 50% at the start of the month.

I am now officially over 50% on FX and will likely never go under 50% again. More trades, more pairs and longer intraday moves.

Thanks again F.

Attachments

• cT_cs_7032806_GBPJPY_2016-02-17_09-57-07.png
    cT_cs_7032806_GBPJPY_2016-02-17_09-57-07.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 204
Wednesday 17th February 2016 - Pre Opens - 6 30 am

Good Morning Guys and thanks Nick for your comments - what ever you do keep at it and your present great results will even improve further

Late again this morning - dark mornings and the winter months are not my favourite time of the year for 5 30 am starts - so roll on Spring ;-)

Caught some of the EA after 6 09am ( late) on the scalp buy and now just at 6 28 am went for a scalp sell from 56/57

Will try and cover the main pairs with regards an update before the EO but I will probably then focus then just on a few pairs

Make sure you have checked your calendar - yes it can give you clues on what pairs the big boys will be playing with

Again - plan to get just another hour in before popping out - maybe this morning will pop back in after 10 30 am / 11 00 am and then again after 1 00 pm and a few hrs later on in the US session

Please feel free to comment on any pairs along with your charts and thoughts - as well as questions / ideas / calls etc etc

Have a good day - and Sun - stay relaxed - focused and with a plan based on levels etc etc

Good Trading

Regards

F

EA

6 38am

We are in a bullish PS above 5680 and 5700 - topping so far at 5760

Stick as up TL from 5580 to 5655 and extrapolate will help in terms of staying with or taking new scalp buys

Keep an eye on high and time rules and if we get a breach we need at least 7 + pips above on this pair to confirm further rises

EU

6 42am

1120 / 30 area as held as interim supports

Above 1150 / 60 we are in a bullish PS for Am session but need over 1180/85 to stay with scalp buys and further rises

Have a look what you think is last proper LH from yesterday or even last week - and that will give you clues on the possible range and an idea if we are still in a down bias from the 1370 area high - and similar do same on last HL from above

I will not be focusing on this pair - as 80% of the time - too slow and manipulated - but will always cover it as so popular

GU

6 46am

Its already started from 6 30 am - and yes there is more red news this morning

I just hope you had you levels set up as the main clue was under 4285 from 3 mins ago

Its dropped now from 4300 area to 4256 so far in under 40 mins - with main drop in under 15 mins

Main R's above 4285 - 4300 - 4308/10 - 4320/25

If we stay under most of those we stay in a bearish PS this morning

Good Morning Guys

------------------------------------------

Caught some of the EA after 6 09am ( late) on the scalp buy and now just at 6 28 am went for a scalp sell from 56/57

------------------------------------

Make sure you have checked your calendar - yes it can give you clues on what pairs the big boys will be playing with

Good Trading

Regards

F

EA

that 6 28 am sell still in action from 56/57 price

so far made 34 and will leave 30% on with stop in profit at 51 for now

Would be back buying above 60 and 67

AU

6 57am

Bearish under 7115/20 area still

UCad

needs over 3920 and 40 area to go back bullish and under 3840 and 3820 - then back bearish again for this session

EJ

7 01 am

Been a scalp sell after 6 00 am and than after 6 50 am - but so far not seen that much of a drop - ie less than 25 pips

Need above 127 20 and 30 to go into a bull PS for AM session

EA

My 30% sell stake with stop in profit - taken out by approx 3 pips - before dropping again - well done marker makers ;-)

Hi F,

I may be getting more pips than you some days but I think it is down to my exceptionally long days at the screens and I note that you have been absent quite a bit lately during many hours.

I also have many trades now and catching up in practice and that helps a lot. The TW time rules and all other aspects are second nature now, whereas in the past I would need to check off each part to see where it ranks as a candidate.

lastly I have been looking at trades where I can, with reasonable certainty, load on on lot size a bit more. In the attached chart is a good example and there are very many each day like this. This is where the medium and longer lr's are nearly flat and any move to either side has the ability to bring the longer ones with it and providing a good bit of support to keep the move going. These trades can have a larger number of pips and generally you are looking at 25+ and can be 50+ easily. The risk reward on these is worth the extra lot size and when I exit at the first pullback I still have a lot of pips to play with for the partials and can get some nice money. I care less about pips than the cash and these set ups add quickly to the bottom line.

The above scenario is a good example of what you and NVP said recently about counter trend trades. If you are not 100% proficient then wait for these types of entries and there are many in a day. For the people who cannot get so many hours in then no trade is an option too sometimes as the market will be there tomorrow. Having some patience and catching some good trades is really a good and ironically fast way to grow your account size. Even if 18 pips represents 1% of your account size and you have a few days of 200+ pips then you can see that 100% months are possible and I am sure we would all accept 50% at the start of the month.

I am now officially over 50% on FX and will likely never go under 50% again. More trades, more pairs and longer intraday moves.

Thanks again F.

Morning Nick

Some very good points in your comment - and I totally agree

We are fortunate if we can cover longer days - as we have more opportunities and also learn more to assist improving our skill levels

If you can only get say just 2 or 3hrs a day and only say 10 -20 hrs a week - it going to take 2 or 3 time longer to get to a really great level on this method - ie instead of say 4 -6 months - anything from 12 to 18 months - simply because it takes that long to get used to a 1 min quick time frame and reading PA at the coalface and improving your skills

Yes - once you have 5k and 10k hours of chart watching behind you - you are OK - as then even on just 90 mins a day - you have the skill to catch many pips etc

I will probably come back later with your other points - as I think they are well said and all followers should take them on board - especially realising you just cannot go from a newbie with this method to your level or Major M's or mine in just 6 months or even 12 months without devotion focus and total commitments

Have another good day

F

EJ

7 01 am

Been a scalp sell after 6 00 am and than after 6 50 am - but so far not seen that much of a drop - ie less than 25 pips

Need above 127 20 and 30 to go into a bull PS for AM session

EJ

14 mins later from this comment - scalp sell after 6 50 am now down to a 75 low - a 25 pip fall and over 41 pip drop from after 6 00 am

Interim supports 60 -70 next

GU

6 46am

Its already started from 6 30 am - and yes there is more red news this morning

I just hope you had you levels set up as the main clue was under 4285 from 3 mins ago

Its dropped now from 4300 area to 4256 so far in under 40 mins - with main drop in under 15 mins

Main R's above 4285 - 4300 - 4308/10 - 4320/25

GU

7 19 AM

So far cannot make under 4252 and thats held from 7 00 am ish

4250 -60 is a supporet area - will we test now 80 -85 ?

If we stay under most of those we stay in a bearish PS this morning

After 7 00 am - again like yesterday - a bit more dollar weakness coming in

EU trying a R area at 1180 and EA - after 7 00 trying higher again and UChf falling atm

GU

7 24am

Missed 7 21 am scalp sell - we did not make 80/85 area - stopped at 76 and pulled back

Now will it try under 52 and 50 ???

7 37 am

OK guys - off on school run then on some more domestic work - so maybe not back until after 10 30am or 11 00 am

Still hope to get another 3 hrs plus in before 5 00 pm this afternoon - and also FOMC minutes at 7 pm as well - might pop back for that as well

Stay focused and GL

See you later

morning all

nice session today ...........steady eddy

SELLS - gbp all the way - easy
BUYS - mainly Yen ....Euro .....usd early

so scalp wise ive been hammering GU sells , UJ sells , and EA buys up to 7.30 ish ..a little EJ selling as well as Euro came off the gas :smart:
finished now
N

Status
Not open for further replies.