A cry for help from a newbie

Couple of point there maybe some misunderstanding.

Good to know it's not just me who gets happy when I win albeit on a demo account.

When I meant joy I was referring to the actual process not the winning. Be careful not to confuse the 2. I took pleasure from reading the news and charts and executing my knowledge. The happiness you are referring to has a corrollery; sadness when loosing. Shouting at the screen is normal when you believe everything was poised in one direction and some **** makes it go the oppositie, but regardless the emotional discipline and humbleness to accept defeat and close the trade must always be present.

Regarding education what I'm actually looking for is something that teaches me how to recognise a signal and how I calculate a reasonable stop loss and closing position. .... If I'm gonna risk my money I wanna to do it based on my research not someone elses.

I have picked up the two following statements. Look at them carefully you say you want one thing and then provide the justification for another.

NOTHING BEATS YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. GET READING AND GET TRADING. You will NEVER learn unless you do it by experience.

STOP asking for the "holy grail". GO away try it and then come back with more direct questions about what you have tried and you will see people will be more responsive.

Last edited:
NOTHING BEATS YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. GET READING AND GET TRADING. You will NEVER learn unless you do it by experience.

STOP asking for the "holy grail". GO away try it and then come back with more direct questions about what you have tried and you will see people will be more responsive.

Dead right.

The only holy grail that exists is the one that you develop for yourself after years and hundreds / thousands of hours of research.

Holy Grail = Your own personally developed way of trading which suits you and which is successful.

If you want trading signals to pop up all over the place, go out and buy a ready made system but do not be surprised if it does not work.

A good case in point is The Ultimate Forex Predictor ( TUFXP ) - you will find a thread here on T2W devoted to this.

The system costs well over 2 grand and works like a piece of sh1t.

A good case in point is The Ultimate Forex Predictor ( TUFXP ) - you will find a thread here on T2W devoted to this.

The system costs well over 2 grand and works like a piece of sh1t.

Never tried and never will but will take your word :LOL:

Since I posted this thread a few people have told to me I should take the plunge and fund a live account. Although I must confess I have shouted c**t at the monitor a couple of times when trades on my demo account have gone against me.

Regarding education what I'm actually looking for is something that teaches me how to recognise a signal and how I calculate a reasonable stop loss and closing position. I don't want a system where someone tells me everyday what trade to do and in and out points. If I'm gonna risk my money I wanna to do it based on my research not someone elses cause thay won't get pi**ed off when I loose money.

Thanks for your reply
Good luck
Andy
I still don't get this, why won't you fund an IG account with a couple of hundred quid and put into practice your 6 months of research?:confused:
Just commit 10-20 pence a pip and have a go. Unless you make that step you'll never know. TBH if you're that worried re a couple of hundred quid you need to find something else. There may be those who hit the ground running and make a thousand pips a week without incurring initial losses but that's probably not you, or anyone I've met/conversed with ever. There are so many discoveries you have to make about yourself that can only be gained live trading. It's up to you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding education what I'm actually looking for is something that teaches me how to recognise a signal and how I calculate a reasonable stop loss and closing position. I don't want a system where someone tells me everyday what trade to do and in and out points. If I'm gonna risk my money I wanna to do it based on my research not someone elses cause thay won't get pi**ed off when I loose money.

Thanks for your reply
Good luck
Andy

Learning to recognise signals, as you quote, will be determined by price action and patterns that you see on the screen, when looking at the chart of the instrument that you're trading.

A reasonable stop will depend on the instrument traded and the time frame that you use. For example, a 20pt stop, on a 5 min chart, may be fine for EUR/USD but, it would be very risky if trading GBP/JPY from a daily chart.

What is the ultimate objective of your research?