Newbie: Capital Spreads or CMC???

I have been trading with CS for 4 years. I am still trading with them. However, the best SB at the moment, if you are looking for a small deposit, low entry level (in other account currencies) and terrific spread, especially on the indices, is the white label of LCG, Dealingdesk.

I'm puzzled. By LCG do you mean London Capital Group, in which case surely they are Capital Spreads?

Why not? Lots of people here seem to be doing so and not reporting problems.

Can you please qualify your post?

perhaps others are prepared to put up with it,Ive given them enough time to get it right and im now taking my money out and going else where,earlier this year when they changed the look of the site it crashed almost everyday for at least three weeks,then they seemed to get their act together temporarily,but now its become unreliable again this morning the charts are not updating and you can put a trade on,but cant close it unless you ring them,have you tried trading like this,its almost impossible,but give it a try for yourself and then let me know what you think
cheers debb

Hi I found an old post from you, warning against using capital spreads, I wish i had seen this earlier as I have my money with them and boy what a crock of sh**e they are,the site is down yet again this morning,and when it is working you can always get the trade on,but its a bit of a gamble about whether you can close it,they tell me you can always ring them to close it,but by the time you bugger about doing that, a winning trade on a fast moving market has more often than not turned into a loser, I would be most interested to know if anyone else are experiencing the same problems and can someone recommend a RELIABLE platform I usually trade the ftse and s&p
cheers Deb

There is a reason why Capital Spreads has a thread on it here which extends to a few hundred pages and the actual owner is here defending it and no other SB company i've seen come on T2W and be so adamant about how good they are and how they're improving. Think about it....

IG is most reliable i've found although slightly uncompetitive if you compare them to ODL. I've not had much experience with ODL so can't comment too much - just the spreads are tight.

perhaps others are prepared to put up with it,Ive given them enough time to get it right and im now taking my money out and going else where,earlier this year when they changed the look of the site it crashed almost everyday for at least three weeks,then they seemed to get their act together temporarily,but now its become unreliable again this morning the charts are not updating and you can put a trade on,but cant close it unless you ring them,have you tried trading like this,its almost impossible,but give it a try for yourself and then let me know what you think
cheers debb

Thanks for that. For the moment I'll steer clear, I'm still a newbie so have to be careful. I'd like to use IG Index, but they have no demo facility and I'd like to become thoroughly familiar with the trading platform before risking actual cash. Looking at a green account with ETX, who look promising, but you can't use their charts with a demo account, you have to invest before you can download their advanced charting package.

There is a reason why Capital Spreads has a thread on it here which extends to a few hundred pages and the actual owner is here defending it and no other SB company i've seen come on T2W and be so adamant about how good they are and how they're improving. Think about it....

IG is most reliable i've found although slightly uncompetitive if you compare them to ODL. I've not had much experience with ODL so can't comment too much - just the spreads are tight.

Thank you, it would be a lot more helpful to us newbies if posters could qualify their postings rather than just saying "XYZ ARE USELESS AVOID AT ALL COSTS" without any explanation as to the reasons why the particular company should be avoided.

I think it's pretty good that any particular company will put up a regular representative here to answer posts detailing problems.

u can use IGMARKETS demo account same platform but less markets on the demo , or u can use IGINDEX they allow small size bets for the first 6 weeks ...

Does anyone having any idea how is GFT for financial spread betting? Seems to have tight spread (1 - FTSE / 2 Dow Jones), Quite a good plateform that can be try through the month free practice account.
Does anyone having some experience with them?