Capital Spreads or CMC?

If you're interested in what all the main SB companies offer and how they compare with one another you could check out SpreadBetCheck.
Its just a free site I set up myself to compare all the different SB companies...

T2W Trading Community

Top 3 Spread Betting Firms - T2W Trading Forums

Capital Spreads - T2W Trading Forums

Worldspreads upgraded! - T2W Trading Forums

Best for FX - T2W Trading Forums

It's all on here my friend if you want some homework for the night... shouldn't take long to wizz through speed reading the important stuff...I am quite happy with CMC but not many knock Capitalspreads, I have never used them so can't comment.

Good luck, oh and don't try news scalping with any of 'em coz they wont like you!

Just wanted to say thanks for these links - saved me a fair bit of trawling and given me a nice bit of eyestrain(!) in an effort to compare the SB firms. Still hard to judge who's opinions are swayed by losing money (I know the paranoia it can induce) but I feel I'm getting a clearer picture now.

I dont know about CS, but CMC customer service & trading desk, tend to speak to clients like they are an irritant they could do without, and we all know where that would get them!

If you're interested in what all the main SB companies offer and how they compare with one another you could check out SpreadBetCheck.
Its just a free site I set up myself to compare all the different SB companies...

Can't open your website,if not,I believe it would be great help for me.

Can't open your website,if not,I believe it would be great help for me.

It probably horses for courses. I would take what you read in that website with a pinch of salt.
A digression:
If you have ever done research on the lasted best anti-virus software you will find that each website review has its own favourite. I bought Zone alarm because it was the one that came with the most good reviews and allegedly least system conflicts. Well I can tell you quite categorically it has been the one that has given me the most system conflicts and I've tried a few security suites.

I prefer tradefair as I was asked to review Tradefair by a friend and found they have 1 pt on FTSE, a really fast and reliable trading platform (had problems with CMC in October) and really helpful customer service staff. They also had a really friendly guy there called Nick Sproule who helped me get the bonus they're running and sent me a free book (naked trader) so if you have any issues just ask for him.

On the not so good side they don't have guaranteed stops but then this is really for mugs as the spread firms tend to widen the spread on these massively so you're bound to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that but then used the platform and it seems a lot easier, faster and you can tear off the deal tickets etc which I couldn't do on CS.

Who owns CS?

I prefer Tradefair as I was asked to review Tradefair by a friend and found they have 1 pt on FTSE, a really fast and reliable trading platform (had problems with CMC in October) and really helpful customer service staff. They also had a really friendly guy there called Nick Sproule who helped me get the bonus they're running and sent me a free book (naked trader) so if you have any issues just ask for him.

On the not so good side they don't have guaranteed stops but then this is really for mugs as the spread firms tend to widen the spread on these massively so you're bound to lose.

YOU WORK FOR CAPITAL GROUP, CAPITAL SPREAD ET AL!!!
GO AWAY!!! THERE MUST BE SOME RULES HERE AGAINST THIS.

THIS USER IS PASTING URLS SO GOOGLE CRAWLER CAN FIND IT.....

:mad:

NO ONE LISTEN TO HIM TRADE FAIR IS CAPITAL GROUP SAME PEOPLE COMPANY SAME RULE. SAME TRADERS!!!

ALL YOU HAVE EVER POSTED IS ABOUT TRADE FAIR AND AGAINST OTHER SPREAD BETTING COMPANIES!!

Is the pool getting crowded with sharks?

CMC? Natwestbank are promoting spreadbetting, CFD's and forex but it seems they use CMC who use the name natwesttrading ?
Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon to offer trading facilities. Hmmm....must be a lot of cannon fodder out there if the number of predators increases:whistling

trailing stops

Some time ago, I have heard from a fellow trader that CMC demo was not that great, slow and not performing as good as live account. So I never got a demo, instead I have open a live account with them. Within the last few years they really have put together imho a good system, good charting packet. One has to get used to the way of executing trades and keeping things tidy!!!!! especially in the "Current Orders" and "Pending Orders". There is also no Trailing StopLoss which I would like to use on some trades. I find their execution good and over all I have found CMC to provide a good service.

I have looked into trailing stops, but the sites I have visited so far require large wads of cash up front.
Does anyone know of a platform where you can trade with trailing stops with a small amount of capital?