Introduction from a newbie

ejtrader

Hello,

My name is Eric (22 years old) and i am a newbie trader in commodities.

SHort summary of last few years of my life:

-kinda been going to school for 3 years
-life really has no direction but i get interested in real estate cause my friend introduced me to rich dad poor dad.
-my dad tells me he has been doing real estate in shanghai so i visit him (havent seen him for like 4 years).
- he buys me an olympic gold bar (one with those mascots on them) which leads to a month long obsession with gold cause it was shinny n heavy (reason why i trade gold futures)
-dad wants me to go to business school but i do not do very well in school due to short interest span
-figured i could learn investing myself and depend on myself and not my dad (he has been very successful in his life and i feel its really hard to live up to).
-become interested into stocks (something i could sit in front of computer all day to do, which i did anways) -----> then i read started reading books about investing which lead to the market wizards.

Inspired by the stories from the book The market wizards i kinda jumped the gun, borrowed a lil money and tranfered a lil from my other accounts, to open a futures account with lind-waldock (affliated w/ charles schwab, my mom happened to have account with them so i had one too). Have only been reading about futures trading a few months before starting. Saw gold going toward the 1000 mark but stalling around there for awhile and started dropping. I started by shorting around 950. Just been lucky that i have been going with the downward trend and able to make enough so i do no have to work in japan for a few months (can focus on judo and futures trading, if i dont blow my account). Just been continuing what ive been doing and reading up on stuff on this forum.

I have long way to go and i hope everyone will take care of me.

thank you,

eric

btw, im currently in tokyo, living at the kodokan to train judo,
has anyone heard of the tokyo traders club?
if so, would u recommend becoming a member and attending their courses?