90% of traders fail? Who says?

So what and maybe overall it is 1% and if so then we have had our fair share of them on Trade2Win.

I know a few who have come and gone. They made money back then and still make money today. Albeit some have retired or dropped out to consider alternate paths in life.

Lee

I know a few who have come and gone. They made money back then and still make money today. Albeit some have retired or dropped out to consider alternate paths in life.

Lee

The thing I hate about rebuttal teams and debunkers, is the truth gets hidden .Once we know why 95% lose and their problem , then we can solve the problems .If the problem gets debunked and rebutted , then no solution is created.As a result traders keep losing forever.

I realized what the problem with the 95% and why they lose , so I created a defensive system of making money and not to lose.It is there in my thread on indices.

Progress!

I've never been comfortable calling losing traders... 'Traders'. Nor would many traders that I know. Could you imagine a consistently losing trader or short term lucky one goes in to a room full of long term successful traders and say's, Hi guys, I'm a Trader. :LOL:

It would be the same as a bankrupt homeless guy calling himself a business man because he sold some stuff on the internet once or a person with an idea an 'Entrepreneur'. I actually had that one recently. Oh how I laughed.

I could go on with examples of this but I don't feel the need. Many will argue this point as they themselves could be losing traders but yet want the title. Short term successful/lucky doesn't count. For example, I open a restaurant and its full every night for 2 months, does that make a successful restaurateur? Difficult one but I wouldn't be happy with saying yes. I would want a fair amount more time than that. Not a definitive time, but a bit longer I reckon.
We live in a world where titles mean more than the value of their money or/and time.

To be a trader surely one has to be trading successfully, otherwise they are just a money giver to those who do trade.

Lee

For example, I open a restaurant and its full every night for 2 months, does that make a successful restaurateur? Difficult one but I wouldn't be happy with saying yes. I would want a fair amount more time than that. Not a definitive time, but a bit longer I reckon.
We live in a world where titles mean more than the value of their money or/and time.

To be a trader surely one has to be trading successfully, otherwise they are just a money giver to those who do trade.

Lee

BTW Being a restaurant-er is possibly as difficult , because 100 people will visit , only 10% will like the taste of the restaurant .

Some barristers earn £3m a year ,others earn £20, 000 a year .the ones on £20k lose a high proportion of their cases , does it make them failures , barristers or new barristers?

The point about diagnosis is , go to a doctor and doctor looks at the cause of the problem , then he treats it .Go to the trading industry and tell them a problem (95% lose) , everybody tries to debunk it , says go away , there is no such problem!.

Yes, I think you've got to be a professional - either employed or self employed - to properly merit the title. Nonetheless I think it's reasonable for the rest of us to say that we "do a bit of trading" to describe our efforts (for good or ill :LOL:) even though it would perhaps be ott to announce ourselves as traders.

Some barristers earn £3m a year ,others earn £20, 000 a year .the ones on £20k lose a high proportion of their cases , does it make them failures , barristers or new barristers?

Hi Foroom,

You make an excellent point here. They are all barristers and they are all making money.

The question is though, is a barrister that is not making money (unemployed) still a barrister? If so, I am still a school boy.

Lee