£5k course then a salaried job (basic) using company funds - sound ok?

My sentiments too Gecko. People only listen to what they want to hear.

This thread is a good example of why there are so many cons in this business and why its such a lucrative business which will continue growing.
The old saying rings so true!
There's one born every minute!

Thanks all for your replies...seems the sentiment is seriously poor.

All points taken on board. I am going back today to speak to the small group of 4 who have already started training. It is my intention to get contact details, then make contact with them in 6-8 weeks time and see whether they got a job out of it.

In the meantime will continue with the research, try a few demo accounts and then talk to pcindia about a job ;)

Despite all the warning signs it still does seem to be a believable model for starting a new trading co, especially in the current climate...just doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort for a scam...will keep you all posted.

Thanks again...

You are determined to give these guys your money, aren't you ?

You have been told it's a scam. It is a scam. Regardless of how much you want to believe it's not a scam, it still is one,

Stop being a mug.

Ok guys, I'm with you...have no intention of parting with hard earned cash. As I said, I'd like to check it out in a little more detail and see where they are in a few months time...

Am highly sceptical of course, have also been to half a dozen trading seminars with the hard sell, presentations with 90% of the content about how nice it would be to have the Ferrari just by working one hour a day etc etc...

I'll let you know what I see at the office later on...and I'll voice my concerns to see how they respond.

Cheers,
Lex

He'll not listen to anyone. Looks like the trainer there is some hot babe!

Dude, ask your institute to show you three years of non stop trading acount statement. If they have it, pay them.

This just illustrates once again the points made on Lord Flashearts watchdog thread.

This individual wants to believe so much, no matter what anyone says.

There must be a magnet attatched to the word trading that zapps common sense out of human beings.

Scary:eek:

Ok guys, I'm with you...have no intention of parting with hard earned cash. As I said, I'd like to check it out in a little more detail and see where they are in a few months time...

Am highly sceptical of course, have also been to half a dozen trading seminars with the hard sell, presentations with 90% of the content about how nice it would be to have the Ferrari just by working one hour a day etc etc...

I'll let you know what I see at the office later on...and I'll voice my concerns to see how they respond.

Cheers,
Lex

**** me you're an idiot.

This is a complete scam. You know that (or should do).

By turning up there you're only giving them a chance to talk you into it. What the hell is the point?

The A'rab is right.

Even these other students you have found - how do you know they aren't in on it ? Just blow it off or at least have the decency to stop making yourself look a knob on here.

In a parallel universe, your parallel twin does not go around wasting money on scams and has some saved for a holiday somewhere in Asia....

On holiday, a local guy talks to you about buying some gems. These gems are cheap here but worth 4 times as much back home. As he's talking to you, a western couple walking past recognise the guy. They come over to thank him for the gems they brought last time and how the sale of those gems paid for this holiday they are on.

Do you think :
a) This is great, I'll buy some
or
b) kcuF me, those westerners are in on the scam too

If you were in Thailand - the correct answer would be the latter.

On holiday, a local guy talks to you
Here's where I realise it's a scam.

Anecdote:
I was in Jamaica last year and this obvious crack-head with a filthy blood covered cast on his arm approaches my lady friend and I. He starts talking to us about buying some sh*tty wooden mask thing and then goes on to tell about his bi-annual trips to Europe. Apparently he likes to travel to Italy and back through Europe, by train, to France for his wine before going to the mountains in Switzerland. He then offered to take us to his home -a lovely hand-built wooden shack just down the beach from our resort (obv unaware that we had been off-resort and knew no such place existed). Once there we would be able to catch fresh fish and lobster. By this point his accent had somehow inexplicably became quasi-American. I asked him if we could cook the lobster and eat with him to which he smiled with delight and said of course we could. We could watch the sun set over the ocean and eat at his place. We just had to go out the front and meet him when we were ready. Lullu lully lully. Memories eh. Kudos for the Europe story though. Some imagination the guy had.

Last edited:
If only I could put an option on this turning out to be a scam.

As someone observed on another forum noted for scams : The two main reasons people get caught are greed and stupidity.

But all I heard here is guessing, not a single person confirming anything about the company. The company exists and it is exactly where they tell they are, a great place to work

Cheers,
Lex

So. What happened when you went to the office?

But all I heard here is guessing, not a single person confirming anything about the company. The company exists and it is exactly where they tell they are, a great place to work

True, the company exists. But only since June 30th.
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/4a2d6669e573e3e3a20f3a8dca98e3d3/compdetails

You could argue this is because its a fresh new, dynamic company, and you get the chance to get in on the ground floor. But your paying £5k for the privilege.
(Note: the SIC-code (identifying the nature of their business), "none supplied". They seem unsure as to what precise function they offer. Maybe they could decide they are "trainers" and thus circumvent all their bonuses etc, by saying "we only charge for training, and any losses are your own".

Equally, their offices:
http://www.regus.co.uk/locations/GB/London/LondonTheBroadgateTower.htm?product=offices

Note: "Zero upfront capital". They essentially have no assets of their own. Try a "quick quote" and ask how quickly you could disengage their services. have the company signed up for a year?? if not, what would happen if they decided to vacate the offices 6 months into the OPs year-long training?

Have a great week guys.

When you see someone selling shovels who tells you that all you have to do is buy one and dig in a certain place and you will find gold then if you need to ask any questions it should be why are they selling shovels and not digging?

brilliantly put randomone...

And also, anyone who thinks Broadgate is a wonderful place (I assuming you meaning location) to work needs their head examining. Ok, it's better than, say, Hull. But nowhere in the City is a great location to work (and the Broadgate tower is right on the edge of the City as well - the wrong edge)... there's a reason that the hedge funds are mostly out in the West End...

I went for the interview too, and got offered the position. Needless to say Im not taking it up because it simply did not make sense.

I CAN justify working at a very low salary and on a contract for 11 months. But what I CAN'T justify is, trading my own money and giving a huge share of the profits to someone else.

If I pay 5 K up front, what Im effectively paying for is my salary for 3 months and trading capital which is supposed to be 500 for the entry level traders.

This form of a setup is meant to attract people who are out of work, with absolutely no experience of trading and have 5K to part with.

From my point of view, if the strategy they use is supposed to be such a money maker. Any company would be willing to risk their own money after they have selected the RIGHT kind of people that they would like have join their team.
It JUST WOULDNT BE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE WHO HAS MONEY TO JOIN.

Another note is the emphasis on the where the office is and how fancy your working conditions would be, feels more like a sales technique than anything else.

To me it simply sounds like one of the latest techinques to market a Forex course, and has a very clear target market.