326 trades in one day

Stevet

I think this fair as u do have a lot to say & I dont mean this in a sarcastic way, as u say u r direct & confident & u have in the past expressed that there r only certain ways in which a trader can profit.

so an example of some of your trades would be interesting & of course back-up & add weight to your claims.

I would be interested in seeing your style of trading as u seem to spend a lot of time posting so it must allow u much free time, I find this site , though interesting............very distracting to my trading time..........so would like to know how u manage it.

I am not having a go, I am just being Direct as I like this approach also.

but as the saying goes:

" To whome much is given.........much is required"

Jay

P.s. is that how u spell 'whome'........anybody?

Jay

bonsai

"Even if we have been trading for longer than you"

not sure what you meant by that - you told me before that there wern't any real traders on here and most on here were IT people, and i really doubt anyone on here has been trading for longer than me - and i aint pleased about that at all!

but a simple answer to your trading example requirement is that the inside bid and ask on any option might be 2.95 to 3.00 and an exchange moves their price to to 3.10 to 3.20 - the question now is that since options pricing is based on formulas such as black schoels, and volatility is a key input - has the exchange got their pricing right - or have they moved too far ahead and will need to pull their pricing back to 3.00 to 3.10 or even 2.95 to 3.00 - providing a quick profit for someone - and by using stock and futures pricing - i try to profit from these aberations in pricing

or if a market maker in options finds his book has misbalanced or may become misbalanced if he does not act immediatly- and he needs to dump options - since they are illiquid - he needs to price them accordingly and if appropriate - i might try to pick up on them

Jay :cool:

WHOM-soever shall be found without the soul for getting down,
must stand and fight the hounds of hell
and rot inside a corpse's shell...... (MJ before he went all freaky)

Finlayson

in my defense of posting on here

i only trade US markets

i type real fast

i watch multiple monitors all day and have one monitor which can show t2w

i type when markets have reached consolidation levels and short term volatility drops right down so i know nothing will happen for me for at least 60 secs

and yep, i might write in bursts - so i guess i might lose track a bit sometimes - but i guess there are no literary scouts on here

but i notice a few literary police

Stevet knowledge is beyond question and I suggest to stop bullying him out of the BB..

We should be debating the issues which can help us making more money such as,

What measure of volitality truely indicates a change in underlying trend ?

Can all charts be traded in the same way ?
How can one distiguish between noise and trend ?

Donot forget this is a technical BB and not a political one..

Thx Zow..........so thats' what school was for :eek:

Ok Stevet Thx for that

and i really doubt anyone on here has been trading for longer than me - and i aint pleased about that at all!

If this is the case steve what on earth could u possibly learn on this board...........your cup is full my friend!

& of course it is entirely up to you, but humility can be quite a good thing

"Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. - Lord Chesterfield"

Jay

steve

please do not misquote me nor do it out of context.

there is no future for you in doing that.

as to your methodology
is that it ?
or is there more ?

anyway, I would have thought a Poisson distribution
evaluation might have been more appropriate in practice. ?

Jay

"....so THAT'S what school was for". (abbreviated verb: apostrophe - s)

My qualifications?? English Lit 'O' Level, grade B.

:cheesy:

Finlayson

"humility can be a good thing"

interesting point you make there and one i would like to discuss

but what does it mean?

its kinda like - you cant have your cake and eat it - why is the saying not - if you eat your cake - just get another one - and then eat that one

we live in a half empty society - why cant it be a half full society!

do we really have to go though our lives doffing our caps - thats crap to me everyyone should do what comes naturally to them

if you want to be a mouse - be a mouse - you want to roar like a lion - roar

life is closest to an option - it expires at some point for everyone - we are all equal - but we have a choice to choose our path - bad or good

if you went for a job in mcdonalds cleaning floors - i suspect a bit of humility might get you into the job

if you went to be a senior guy at bear stearns investment bank - do you think they are gonna hire the humble guy?

if you are in a pub and a couple of yobbos make remarks about your wife - and you act humble - do you think the bullies are gonna let go - or are they really gonna go for you?

but as it happens i dont get why people relate confidence and directness in typing to someone being humble or not anyway?

it wasn't humility that got me a job at McDonald's but an appreciation of the need for clean floors and that someone had to keep them that way.
I was confident in my abilities to be able to perform that task and with suitable training and probation period I was indeed able to keep those floors clean.

I did learn other valuable lessons along the way (which still come in handy occasionally), and helped me get jobs at various investment banks.

:D

bonsai

did not misquote you

that as it happens is my methodology - what part of buying value and using experience to evaluate value dont you get?

you asked for an example - i gave it to you - but now i can see the motives for your origional question were purely negative

and asking someone for a methodology with

"is that it?"

shows to me in "my opinion" how arrogant and conceited you are

Last edited:
Stevet

yes all good comments, I agree we should all live our lives to the full & be bold , I know life can be short , I have come close to losing mine a couple of times & it certainly gives u a different perspective of things.

but I believe there is a difference between humility & being meek!......just my belief.

my point really is that people r generally more interested in their own opinion than others, nothing to do with people on this board.......it is just part of human nature. So if u really want people to hear your opinion.......understanding this can help.

if we r so full of 'what we know', how can we ever learn anything new

Jay

hmmm

on the contrary, steve
I really meant "is there more ?"

2 small paragraphs seemed , what shall I say, a little brief ?

and I am afraid you are not only misquoting me out of context but now trying to read between the lines and getting it wrong.

so I am clearly wasting my time.

stevet said:

shows to me in "my opinion" how arrogant and conceited you are

stevet,

one of these days bonsai will forget to be pompous , be patient !

Oatman

Oh I could tell you horror stories!

But it's good to start at the bottom and do the crap jobs for your own humility (yes, as that is what we're talking about) and appreciation of others' situation. (I never give grief to restaurant staff unless there's obvious incompetance).

I think that is very important in the markets. You can not afford to have an ego.

Saddest thing is I still enjoy the odd big mac!

Last edited:
Finlayson

i can see you do look at life from a perceptive level

but why the assumption that i "want" people to see what i say - let alone believe it?

i make comments in response to other people's points - and they can make responses to my points then

i really dont care if people want to look at or believe what i say - why would i?

i want to find out stuff and i am prepared to engage in debate to move that discovery along

i believe if you dont put in - you wont get out - maybe i should just lurk on the forum - watch out for things useful to me, use them and not put in anything - dont know? - maybe i should?

zow

is someone's "obvious imcompetance" - their fault or the fault of the person who hired them and keeps them on

or are people the prisoners of their own interlectual or inteligence prowess - so perhaps we should except whatever momentary shit we get - in order that people are not judged over issues they dont have any control?

stevet said:

i believe if you dont put in - you wont get out - maybe i should just lurk on the forum - watch out for things useful to me, use them and not put in anything - dont know? - maybe i should?

Carry on posting. Your contribution is valuable.