brokers for trading futures mobile

BTC2013

Hi there,

I got a problem... I recently moved to the u.s. and a few days ago, I found out that trading CFD's is not allowed for u.s. residents. I really can't believe that. Instead I have to trade futures if i wanna continue trading the indices.

What I need is a broker that has a good mobile app since i do a normal job and therefore I'm not home during the day. For CFD's I used MT4 mobile which has very good charting tools, like you can see a market in every time frame that you want (daily, 5min etc..) and you can add indicators, use the cross hair stuff like that. And it was even free.

does somebody know a broker that provides such an advanced app that allows you to trade futures? What brokers would that be?

I checked out tradestation and eTrade. I have an account at IB and also checked ninja trader 7. Though I dont get how to test the mobile app for ninja and I dont like the concept having to be connected with your desktop version to the internet all the time. CQG M seems good, but it is way too expensive.

The 2nd requirement would be that the broker allows you to trade the DAX-mini at EUREX (FDXM). However, if it does not i probably will be able to deal with just trading the ES or YM instead. eTrade does not provide EUREX futures. But I think, americans also trade DAX, it shouldn't be so specific...

any help would be really appreciated. thanks a lot

Or do you know a mobile app that just provides you real time + historical data and the mentioned charting tools?

now I found out that AMP futures offers many platforms for free, like CQG-M or SierraChart and also iBroker which all seem good. But the EUREX data feed is 23EUR/month which is double the price to IB plus it seems you have to buy CME market data bundle for another 15USD. hmm...

too expensive

stay away from any fees period

td AMeritrade in a league of its own

Hello BTC2013

you seem to be from Germany
I also moved to US a short while ago and I'm also new here in this Forum.

Why are you looking for a mobile solution?

As I see you have an IB-Account, but you also have an eye on AMP - which makes sense. I'm trading this combination too, but in addition I'm trading Forex at LMAX.

I'm having not really much experience with mobiles, because my trading doesn't allow such nobrainer platforms but needs a platform where I can semi-automate my trading.

I've packed AgenaTrader into my suitcase. It supports IB, AMP and many other brokers. With my small Toshiba, I can use AT like a Mob-App, but with all the advantages of an installed client.

But I guess you can do this with any other platform aswell (MC, SC,...) - but AT is designed to trade many brokers/asset classes/markets at the same time out of one platform on a one monitor system - which seems to be a criteria for you.

Have you ever thought about such a solution?

Last edited: