100 trades

scholfield - stick to what you are doing and listen to no one.
You clearly don't need any help from anyone whatsoever :)

scholfield - stick to what you are doing and listen to no one.
You clearly don't need any help from anyone whatsoever :)

Can't tell if being sarcastic! :cry: :)

But I certainly feel as though I need help, although I am well past the point where i'll listen to/change things for just anyone.

There are a few posters who I think could propel me into at least a chance of consistent profitability, but I've come to realise that generally, those who are genuinely actually able to help and know what they're doing, don't tend to share. kind of makes sense I guess. I;ve accepted i'm likely 'on my own', lol

It's been a decent run for me so far in my journal, although I have had a similar spell before which hit a brick wall out of nowhere. (different method to my current one, mind)

Do you think 100 trades is meaningful / significant at all? (assuming I come out on top at the end)
Or would I in fact need lots more - say 1000 or so?

Can't tell if being sarcastic! :cry: :)

But I certainly feel as though I need help, although I am well past the point where i'll listen to/change things for just anyone.

There are a few posters who I think could propel me into at least a chance of consistent profitability, but I've come to realise that generally, those who are genuinely actually able to help and know what they're doing, don't tend to share. kind of makes sense I guess. I;ve accepted i'm likely 'on my own', lol

It's been a decent run for me so far in my journal, although I have had a similar spell before which hit a brick wall out of nowhere. (different method to my current one, mind)

Do you think 100 trades is meaningful / significant at all? (assuming I come out on top at the end)
Or would I in fact need lots more - say 1000 or so?

:LOL: Sorry, reading it again, I spose it isn't that clear.
No sarcasm at all, genuinely meant it.
You may or may not develop your approach yourself as time goes on,
but you certainly do not need any help, that just risks clouding your own
judgement.
Seriously, I'll say it again, you don't need anyones help.

Sample size, 100 with this performance is good, yes, 1000 is better no doubt.
Either way, your approach and decision making are perfectly OK.
You are also perfectly capable of refining your approach if needs be.

This post may interest you as you use Ninja:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...s-entries-management-exit-89.html#post2244084
You could rapidly get up to 1000+ trades on SIM using the futures replay data
on that link.

This post may interest you as you use Ninja:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...s-entries-management-exit-89.html#post2244084
You could rapidly get up to 1000+ trades on SIM using the futures replay data
on that link.

cheers.
I've already actually utilised that link of yours some time ago and have done a number of replays, but since my PC got fried from the powercuts, i've been lazy on that front of things, and just concentrating on live trading and this journal.
After Christmas I might start a new test with my current concepts and teh replay tool and see if I can get a bigger sample to analyse.

cheers.
I've already actually utilised that link of yours some time ago and have done a number of replays, but since my PC got fried from the powercuts, i've been lazy on that front of things, and just concentrating on live trading and this journal.
After Christmas I might start a new test with my current concepts and teh replay tool and see if I can get a bigger sample to analyse.

No worries :)
If you've used that data before you probably already know this,
just in case, here are the historical rollover dates:
http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/rolldates.html

That replay data only goes back as far as Jan 13 anyway.
If you ever have trouble adding a contract expiry to the instrument list,
just set your PC clock year to the oldest expiry temporarily, then add the
historical contracts.
You could create a continuous contract, but it isn't worth the hassle.
Easier to change front month at rollover.

Attachments

• CL 02-14 (3 Min)  23_12_2013.jpg
    CL 02-14 (3 Min) 23_12_2013.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 154
+30 on a CL trade.
Small losing day now. -10. Better than being down 40, but then I was up 40 at one point today, too!

Anyway:
82 / 453 / 13 sessions

I'm likely getting drunk all day tomorrow as is tradition with me and my mates, so happy Christmas.

Hi Scholfield, I see on this day you took 2 gold trades, both long..considering that long term trend has been down, wouldn't it be better to sell on the rises rather than buy on the dips?
If you are buying on dips, which time frame are you determining the overall trend from? only 5min charts?

p.s. love the thread, hoping you will continue it to 1000!(y)

Very well done. Congrats

thanks, although I look at them numbers, and I don't really think 'edge'.
I wonder how random entry with the same stops/targets would do.
And maybe 100 is too small of a sample.

PS - Fixed my PC last night, so no longer using my lucky laptop, and it might be showing in my trading.
7 of my 10 trades so far have been losers! :cry: :D