100 trades

Update:
58 trades
372 pips
9 trading sessions

I might just update the journal every 10 trades or so from now on.
No more 'live calls'.
There doesn't seem any point in doing that.
I done that initially in the hope that a 'real' trader might say ''you should never go short here because XYZ'' etc, and I might learn something of value.
Also, just to show that there's really no excuse for not calling trades completely in realtime. Crystal clear. No ambiguity.

Will update accordingly.

Last edited:
Update:
58 trades
372 pips
9 trading sessions

4 new trades made since then.
-20, +30, -9, +30

Current tally:
62 trades
403 pips
9 sessions

Attachments

• DRQ.jpg
    DRQ.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 158
Here's one of the losers. ES. Looked like it was topping out to me. Annoyingly, it dropped quite nicely shortly after stopping me out :)

Attachments

• ES 03-14 (1 Min)  18_12_2013.jpg
    ES 03-14 (1 Min) 18_12_2013.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 150
Here's one of the losers. ES. Looked like it was topping out to me. Annoyingly, it dropped quite nicely shortly after stopping me out :)

You should never go short here because ... you know, it's a Bull market! :LOL:

Just kidding Scholfield, looks like you're rinsing the markets :) not easy at this time of year.

If you weren't doing fixed stop and targets for these 100 trades, would you normally have had your stop above the high? Or do you always do fixed stop and target?

Last edited:
You should never go short here because ... you know, it's a Bull market! :LOL:

Just kidding Scholfield, looks like you're rinsing the markets :) not easy at this time of year.

If you weren't doing fixed stop and targets for these 100 trades, would you normally have had your stop above the high? Or do you always do fixed stop and target?

Before this experiment, my stops would always be at a certain spot based on the particular setup.
Often(and in this case on the ES)that would be, like you say, just above the high.

As for rinsing the markets, I must confess that i'm starting to wonder what the hell's going on! It's a very good run, although I have had a similar run before, so am not getting carried away.

Being a pessimist, i'm assuming i'm going through a very lucky patch as opposed to my years and years and years of persistance finally paying off!!

Last edited:
CL +30 there puts me positive on the day

tally: 66 / 423

Done for today now, most likely.

were you trading at all around the fed announcement time last night? was watching gold jump around even from 10min before anything was announced..

were you trading at all around the fed announcement time last night? was watching gold jump around even from 10min before anything was announced..

No, I stopped for the day after that last post yesterday.
All went a bit too crazy for my liking...

70 trades/ + 423 / 11 sessions

breakeven today after 4 trades and I'm likely done for teh day

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot more changing of profit targets or stops going on now Scholfield, 4 trades for breakeven yesterday and now 5 trades for +10.

yes, you're right. I think i'm waiting for my luck to run out and am snatching profits before it does and just trading more emotionally in general!

I will be more strict and carry on with the plan for the final 25 trades that are left. (30 target, 20 stop)

short GC. no micromanaging. will hold ti target or stop as before

Attachments

• GC 02-14 (1 Min)  20_12_2013.jpg
    GC 02-14 (1 Min) 20_12_2013.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 171
update:
76 trades
463 pips
12 Sessions

Hi Scholfield

Good Stuff so far and I wish you well with your 100 trades.

I have loads of suggestions / ideas that I would love to share with you once you have achieved your exercise.

I know your RR's - ie either minus 1 or plus 1.5 - would need to know your % win ratio and if you trade on 1% - 2% or even an higher percentage of your capital as well as most losing and winning trades in a row - and finally how many trades you were in at the same time

I think you will achieve your 100 trades within 18 - 22 sessions which really I suppose is like a normal trading month .

Personally then I think you should fully review your results and stats etc etc - and start another 25 or 50 trades with the "fine tuning" suggestions from many of the members

As they say - "if its not broke - you don't need to fix it"

You are making good pips and I hope good profits its then up to you to say what you ideally see as your next step on your journey etc - as to me it seems successful enough.

Enjoy your weekend - Merry Christmas and I wish you a highly successful trading 2014

Regards

F

l gc.
Came extremely close to target. Turned around sharply though.
See what happens

Attachments

• GC 02-14 (1 Min)  23_12_2013.jpg
    GC 02-14 (1 Min) 23_12_2013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 159