Day traders making 50+% returns per month lets talk money managment

hahaha thank, we will see how it goes. This is just an experiment, im either doing something right or not.

Damn shouldnt have closed that trade

hahaha thank, we will see how it goes. This is just an experiment, im either doing something right or not.

Damn shouldnt have closed that trade

hey dude...maybe you shouldnt post live whilst you are still getting to grips with your style..It can be hard washing dirty laundry in public......maybe get settled than come back and post....

Good luck (y)

Might be a good idea. If you are a complete newbie, best to get 6 months breaking even under your belt, learn the lessons, set most/all of your trading strategy, and then get back on here.

Otherwise, Im happy to flip my coin and let you know if it turns up Heads/Tails each morning...

Good luck!

Im mabe not a complete newbee, but still trying to master few strategys.

I think criticism can be good as long as its not trashtalk.

if people want to trash talk then its ok with me. But not a crazy day, had to take my daughter to the docktor, but still 0.3% gain.

My charts for the day

Good day overall....I put my trendlines i saw for the day and the trading zones i punted are cirled......

Anyone trade a similar style...im looking for a trading chat room to join.

Attachments

• oil14022011.gif
    oil14022011.gif
    83.9 KB · Views: 213
  • gold14022011.gif
    gold14022011.gif
    81 KB · Views: 166
  • eurusd14022011.gif
    eurusd14022011.gif
    81.6 KB · Views: 190
  • cable14022011.gif
    cable14022011.gif
    84.5 KB · Views: 274
Certainly can.

Someone once said i've had enough **** you all etc etc, then 3 posts later he came back as if nothing had happened!

What a chump you are......all the positive things to talk about and you still chose this..DICK

Why dont we talk about trading:!:....o yeh forgot......you got nothing to say about that:sneaky:

Well you can have exceptional returns if you have a good edge, its just a function of the risk you are willing to take.

I generally run at the aggressive end of the spectrum, because I believe pushing a big edge while you still can is the optimum strategy for success.

Naturally this comes with an increased risk of ruin, but thats the same in any walk of life.

50% per month, yup you can do it if you have talent, but unless you are trading very high frequency be aware you will likely have multiple 50-100% drawdowns on capital though throughout your trading career..

What a chump you are......all the positive things to talk about and you still chose this..DICK

Why dont we talk about trading:!:....o yeh forgot......you got nothing to say about that:sneaky:

by the way you are talking you really strike me as either an immature adult or a very young kid or maybe even both?!

why dont we all stop slamming spiritbeing for his contributions but why dont you (spiritbeing) stop coming across so childish?

peace out.

by the way you are talking you really strike me as either an immature adult or a very young kid or maybe even both?!

why dont we all stop slamming spiritbeing for his contributions but why dont you (spiritbeing) stop coming across so childish?

peace out.

You are right, I should rise above it. However on T2W i chose to mirror the behaviour i receive.

The majority has been very positive.

As for being an immature adult...im not denying that!

:) nothing wrong with a b it of immaturity i suppose, but i still think 50%/month is a sick return that isnt achievable consistently without over leveraging your account with zero risk/money management in which case, a few bad trades in a row could wipe the account out.

is there any particular reason for choosing 50% return a month? Why not 23%, 46.5%, 79%? - Just curious

is there any particular reason for choosing 50% return a month? Why not 23%, 46.5%, 79%? - Just curious

Hi Pi3141

Dont know really :confused:

I suppose thats the benchmark i have for myself......But im willing to take whatever the market is willing to give me.

I think a better title would have been:

"Day traders making 500pips+ per month. Lets talk money management":?:

I only told it like it was. Now you say you want to take a different tact but come back with personal insults - again!

You first! All i read from you are dreams. :sleep:

Maybe i'm wrong and the next time you go off in a girlie huff and come back you'll be earning the 50% a month you want to earn. If so then well done.

Won't change my opinion of you though. (n)

30% is possible but 10% is more realistic.
Having done this a while, I'm of the opinion that risking 1% per trade and short term swing trading is a better way to manage risk, prevent overtrading, limit the amount of spread paid as a percentage relative to the overall trade (1-2% max).
I haven;t yet seen a graph on trade2win showing an equity downswing within an overall uptrend, people don;t model it that way much.