With the help of Grey1

Just came home from a JAZZ bar . I traded the market with fibbo to day and made $1422 while FIBBO only made $40 after the costs. HE is still struggling with book trader and only one bad execution cost him around $250 ( Closing SNDK long ). There was many more execution errors on his behalf that I am expecting it to go away in few days. Trade execution is an skill on its own and needs considerable fluency that I am 100 % sure FIBB will learn .

SOme time in future I will be arranging a short seminar on executions tricks for fast scalping . Fibb's calls was spot on to day and i was impressed by his progress. My pos size was by far larger than fibbo and hence the profit level.

FIIBO could have made at least $500 as JOYG Dropped like a stone ( i had to go out hence closing the trade early ) ..

Some time in OCT i will be calling all my Trades live in pal talk chat room and you can all follow the Trades. YOU WILL NOT LOSE A SINGLE DAY . I do this for few days in oct to see if i can trade for myself while running the chat room and if that affected my income i have to drop it .

Grey1

Grey1 said:
Just came home from a JAZZ bar . I traded the market with fibbo to day and made $1422 while FIBBO only made $40 after the costs. HE is still struggling with book trader and only one bad execution cost him around $250 ( Closing SNDK long ). There was many more execution errors on his behalf that I am expecting it to go away in few days. Trade execution is an skill on its own and needs considerable fluency that I am 100 % sure FIBB will learn .

SOme time in future I will be arranging a short seminar on executions tricks for fast scalping . Fibb's calls was spot on to day and i was impressed by his progress. My pos size was by far larger than fibbo and hence the profit level.

FIIBO could have made at least $500 as JOYG Dropped like a stone ( i had to go out hence closing the trade early ) ..

Some time in OCT i will be calling all my Trades live in pal talk chat room and you can all follow the Trades. YOU WILL NOT LOSE A SINGLE DAY . I do this for few days in oct to see if i can trade for myself while running the chat room and if that affected my income i have to drop it .

Grey1

I am looking forward to this I really got alot out of this session voice conference is the most efficient way to help us.

thanks again!!

Grey1 said:
Some time in OCT i will be calling all my Trades live in pal talk chat room and you can all follow the Trades.income i have to drop it .

Grey1

Sounds great Iraj, very much appreciated yesterdays event.

Cheers

Chris

Grey1 said:
ONLY $INDU MUST BE TICKED AS UPDATE EVERY TICK NOT THE STOCKS ..

Grey1, Thanks for pointing that out. I have changed it and attach the screenshot for Daily Divergence and EE. My EE readings were also quite diferent to yours though.

Under GENERAL: "Update every tick" selected. "AutoDetect max bars..." selected. Load additional 100 Bars back for cumulative calcs.

INPUTS L1 = 6 L2 = 5

Many Thanks Again,

Steve

Attachments

• DIVERGENCE.PNG
    DIVERGENCE.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 61
  • EE DAILY.PNG
    EE DAILY.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 56
evostik said:
Grey1, Thanks for pointing that out. I have changed it and attach the screenshot for Daily Divergence and EE. My EE readings were also quite diferent to yours though.

Under GENERAL: "Update every tick" selected. "AutoDetect max bars..." selected. Load additional 100 Bars back for cumulative calcs.

INPUTS L1 = 6 L2 = 5

Many Thanks Again,

Steve

Additional data to load in INDU DIVERGENCE should be 50 not 100.

I am concerned about your EE readings as they are miles out .

Please plot the MACCI of one of the stocks on the CHART and compare it to the RS reading ,,, do they differ?

Attachments

• pic16.png
    pic16.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 69
  • pic15.png
    pic15.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 60
  • pic14.png
    pic14.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 71
Grey1 said:

Please plot the MACCI of one of the stocks on the CHART and compare it to the RS reading ,,, do they differ?

G1, I have the exact setting as you with Esginal feed, but I am out 1% from your reading on daily EE.

Few match, but still there is a different, any idea what that could be?

Grey1 said:

Hi Grey1. Thanks for the info. What I notice is that stocks I have been monitoring for some time (so I have been collecting real time data in GlobalServer) such as KLAC, AKAM, AAPL, SNDK, JOYG etc. are pretty close to your MACCI values. Other stock that I added to prepare for your session yesterday are the ones that are way out. I did do a 'history' download but I guess the data integrity/content etc. is not the same as when collected real time. I have updated my stock list now to include those on your list so I can see that if over the next day or two of trading they come into line. Does this make sense to you? I will post a new screen shot next week and perhaps if you wouldn't mind doing a quick comparison for me then that would be great.

Muchas Gracias

Steve

gulam said:
G1, I have the exact setting as you with Esginal feed, but I am out 1% from your reading on daily EE.

Few match, but still there is a different, any idea what that could be?

I have no idea. Perhaps others who are more expert in TS or software isuues can help out .

Sorry mate

Grey1

evostik said:
Hi Grey1. Thanks for the info. What I notice is that stocks I have been monitoring for some time (so I have been collecting real time data in GlobalServer) such as KLAC, AKAM, AAPL, SNDK, JOYG etc. are pretty close to your MACCI values. Other stock that I added to prepare for your session yesterday are the ones that are way out. I did do a 'history' download but I guess the data integrity/content etc. is not the same as when collected real time. I have updated my stock list now to include those on your list so I can see that if over the next day or two of trading they come into line. Does this make sense to you? I will post a new screen shot next week and perhaps if you wouldn't mind doing a quick comparison for me then that would be great.

Muchas Gracias

Steve

Yes that make sence a lot .. Try real time data and let us know what the results are

thanks

Grey1 said:

Sorry, forgot to say about the Daily Divergence table; is anyone else getting the same problem I am having? If I change the compression setting from, say 5 minutes and then back to daily I get one set of results for the Daily (see attachment 1) and if I change from say 1 minute back to daily then I get a completely different set of results (see attachment 2).

Any enlightenment here would be most welcome!

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• DIVERGENCE DAILY 1.PNG
    DIVERGENCE DAILY 1.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DIVERGENCE DAILY 2.PNG
    DIVERGENCE DAILY 2.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 36
Grey1 said:

Thursday 14th September

Hi all
Grey1 seems to have said it all about yesterdays trading.
I made the execution mistake on SNDK and I have to admit it rattled me, not the loss as such but making the actual mistake, I was angry with myself. A few more questionable mistakes after that left me in the red so just to come out of the days session on top was a feat in itself as far as I am concerned. And again as Grey1 wrote I still could have made $500 if the JOYG trade was allowed to do its stuff.
This all goes to show once again just how important money management is,
• Our position size MUST always correct.
• Let your profits run and cut your losers short
Just these two things can be the difference between winning and losing.

Good trading, Regards Steve

PS:
I was nervous as heck yesterday in PalTalk i have never done anything like that before, but i also learnt a great deal.
Thanks.

Grey1 said:
I have no idea. Perhaps others who are more expert in TS or software isuues can help out .

Sorry mate

Grey1

G1, after banging the PC few times I got the divergence working. I have the following stock as WEAK, pls can you or anyone confirm if they see the same on daily divergence:

KLAC, ESRX, AMZN, BRCM

[

Thursday 14th September

Hi all
Grey1 seems to have said it all about yesterdays trading.
I made the execution mistake on SNDK and I have to admit it rattled me, not the loss as such but making the actual mistake, I was angry with myself. A few more questionable mistakes after that left me in the red so just to come out of the days session on top was a feat in itself as far as I am concerned. And again as Grey1 wrote I still could have made $500 if the JOYG trade was allowed to do its stuff.
This all goes to show once again just how important money management is,
• Our position size MUST always correct.
• Let your profits run and cut your losers short
Just these two things can be the difference between winning and losing.

Good trading, Regards Steve

PS:
I was nervous as heck yesterday in PalTalk i have never done anything like that before, but i also learnt a great deal.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hey Fibbo, thx for yesterday..... could you tell us what time you took the short on JOYG and the time of SNDK trade. G1 didn't post his book trader.

I would just like to say thankyou to Grey1 and Fibbo for yesterday, It was good of you both to take the time and very worthwhile. I look forward to following Grey1's trading sometime in October, I've got the feeling that the chat room will be very full on that day :cheesy:.

Thanks Grey1 for the info regarding the Divergance indicator. I had been having trouble with mine as well but had it set to update every tick for the stocks as well. It makes sense that it should only update at the end of the bar to look for Divergance. I will change my settings and see if it helps.
Regards MarkB

garethb said:
I made an audio recording of today's paltalk. The beginning sounds OK but I haven't listened through. Some of the questions were typed so you would have to infer them from the answers. I had to adjust the level quite a lot during the session but hopefully it is ok.

It is a 54k wav file. If anyone wants a copy PM me with an e-mail address.

Gareth

HI Gareth, wanted to know if you got my PM for the wave file of Iraj palltack session.

Thanks

Traded the makret with my second loss in 5 month due to over looking the oil inventory data which spooked the market pushing it down from 89 points to 40 points in no time and as a result I gave away $890 . In many occasions i recovered the Loss but did not take what was on the table ( $1400 in long JOYG 440 in short CTXS ) as greed took over my discipline.

All in all only one bad trade caused the loss and that was LONG EXPD which was an awesome long resulting in 450$ profit which we did not take and got caught in the down ward fall .

I am up for the week .

Grey1

Friday 14th September

Hi all
I also lost today $660 all in all. Like Grey1 the losses were made back on two occasions, but they were not taken.
This is trading but if we learn from the losses then I see it as the price we have to pay, if we do not learn from them, then that is when we have a problem.
But all said and done I am still nicely in profit, since my learning experience with Grey1 began, but what is far, far more important for me is how much I am learning from my time with Grey1 and for that I want to publicly thank him.
I do my best to convey to those who are interested the things that I learn and I am sure I miss a lot, but as time goes on I am sure I will get most of it not to mention I will be repeating the things that I see as most important to be able to follow Grey1´s methods.
One thing I do want to say today is that no one is able to follow Grey1s way of trading exactly how he does it, it does not work that way, we need to learn and understand the method and adapt it to our personality’s, to our trading experiences and to our situation in life at this time, none of us trade the exact same way and none of us ever will.
So with the above in mind I would like to mention that personally I am not sure how much you can learn from looking at entry and exit times of other peoples trades, I know for a fact that Grey1 does not always wait for all 3 time frames to be at one extreme or the other, much depends on what the mkt is doing at the time or how much he wants to make from that trade and im sure lots of other things as well. lets also not forget he has the VWAP engine which as far as I know none of us have, and that certainly does not wait for any extremes plus it gives different signals. And it goes without saying he is a very experienced trader. The reason I am saying this is because I feel we all, each and every one of us who uses the top down approach need to put our own “personality” to the method, I think in the long run we will all benefit.
A few things Grey1 said yesterday while trading, which I wrote down.
“When the market goes down, all stocks go down; it does not mean your choice of stock is weak.”
“If we are in the correct stock and on the correct side of the market, the risk is limited but potential profits are unlimited.”

Thanks for all the kind words….Steve

fibbo said:
Traded the makret with my second loss in 5 month due to over looking the oil inventory data which spooked the market pushing it down from 89 points to 40 points in no time and as a result I gave away $890 . In many occasions i recovered the Loss but did not take what was on the table ( $1400 in long JOYG 440 in short CTXS ) as greed took over my discipline.

All in all only one bad trade caused the loss and that was LONG EXPD which was an awesome long resulting in 450$ profit which we did not take and got caught in the down ward fall .

I am up for the week .

Grey1

Friday 14th September

Hi all
I also lost today $660 all in all. Like Grey1 the losses were made back on two occasions, but they were not taken.
This is trading but if we learn from the losses then I see it as the price we have to pay, if we do not learn from them, then that is when we have a problem.
But all said and done I am still nicely in profit, since my learning experience with Grey1 began, but what is far, far more important for me is how much I am learning from my time with Grey1 and for that I want to publicly thank him.
I do my best to convey to those who are interested the things that I learn and I am sure I miss a lot, but as time goes on I am sure I will get most of it not to mention I will be repeating the things that I see as most important to be able to follow Grey1´s methods.
One thing I do want to say today is that no one is able to follow Grey1s way of trading exactly how he does it, it does not work that way, we need to learn and understand the method and adapt it to our personality’s, to our trading experiences and to our situation in life at this time, none of us trade the exact same way and none of us ever will.
So with the above in mind I would like to mention that personally I am not sure how much you can learn from looking at entry and exit times of other peoples trades, I know for a fact that Grey1 does not always wait for all 3 time frames to be at one extreme or the other, much depends on what the mkt is doing at the time or how much he wants to make from that trade and im sure lots of other things as well. lets also not forget he has the VWAP engine which as far as I know none of us have, and that certainly does not wait for any extremes plus it gives different signals. And it goes without saying he is a very experienced trader. The reason I am saying this is because I feel we all, each and every one of us who uses the top down approach need to put our own “personality” to the method, I think in the long run we will all benefit.
A few things Grey1 said yesterday while trading, which I wrote down.
“When the market goes down, all stocks go down; it does not mean your choice of stock is weak.”
“If we are in the correct stock and on the correct side of the market, the risk is limited but potential profits are unlimited.”

Thanks for all the kind words….Steve

Hi Steve,

Once again very insightful post.

Think Grey1 has chosen very well - in coaching yourself. You're giving us mere mortals an extra dimension with these postings and they are very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Frank.