With the help of Grey1

If I am available for the Paltalk session tomorrow I will attempt an audio recording with software but I do not have video capture. It may be of some use though.

Gareth

edit: I assume this is OK with contributors to the chat esp. Grey1 who may give proprietory info. Obviously I would only make available to members of this board. If anyone has an objection let me know.

garethb said:
If I am available for the Paltalk session tomorrow I will attempt an audio recording with software but I do not have video capture. It may be of some use though.

Gareth

edit: I assume this is OK with contributors to the chat esp. Grey1 who may give proprietory info. Obviously I would only make available to members of this board. If anyone has an objection let me know.

I hope Grey1 agrees :) I can't make tomorrows session :(
If the audio recording gets the green light, I think it should give members who weren't able make the session a very good idea of the contents.

fibbo said:
Tuesday 12th september

"
I made $1010…first time I made that magic number day trading. I would never have done that without Grey1s help."

Much better than working at the the day job :cheesy:

I have no problems with the audio recording .

Can i ask members to have daily RS of iraj_send ready so i can discuss how to start ur trading day .

Attachments

• pic12.png
    pic12.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 109
Please also have DAILY divergence RS ready as well

thanks

it should look like below

Attachments

• pic13.png
    pic13.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for setting this up Grey1, although I've project work going at the moment, I would like to join the room this afternoon to listen and learn. I can also attempt a camtasia recording if you dont have an issue with this.

All the best,

Chris

Grey1 said:
I JUST SPOKE TO STEVE ( FIBBO ) WE WILL BE IN PALTALK ROOM ON THURSDAY 1.30 UK time for market analysis PRIOR TO MARKET OPEN . PLEASE BE THERE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS...ANY QUESTION YOU CAN ASK FROM FIBBO YOURSELF as i am sure some of you still want to know how his learing process is going and what was the major mistakes he was making before coaching by myself ?

ROOM NAME = TECHNICAL TRADER

1hr and 29 minutes to go.....

Hi All,

Will this be a video conferencing (or an Audio)?

Raj

rajibde said:
1hr and 29 minutes to go.....

Hi All,

Will this be a video conferencing (or an Audio)?

Raj

They have always been audio in the past that I am aware of.

Paul

I made an audio recording of today's paltalk. The beginning sounds OK but I haven't listened through. Some of the questions were typed so you would have to infer them from the answers. I had to adjust the level quite a lot during the session but hopefully it is ok.

It is a 54k wav file. If anyone wants a copy PM me with an e-mail address.

Gareth

Thanks for doing that Gareth.
I have attached the transcript of the paltalk session here just in case anybody wants a copy. It should tie up with Gareths recording so might help a bit.

Regards MarkB

Attachments

• Iraj paltalk transcript 14-9-06.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 67
Grey1 said:
I have no problems with the audio recording .

Can i ask members to have daily RS of iraj_send ready so i can discuss how to start ur trading day .

Hi Grey1. Thanks again for the session earlier (and Fibbo, of course). Regarding the Daily Divergence and Exhaustion readings (as per your two examples), does it matter how long after market close you take the 'readings'? I ask because I am unsure about what happens with after-market trades that may take place on the stocks and how the INDU may move after hours which would affect the results (if you see what I mean). Or, on GlobalServer, which I assume you use with your RadarScreen package, have you set all the exchange 'session' time periods to regular hours only (for both the stocks and the index).

I hope this makes sense :eek: !

Thanks Again,

Steve

does it matter how long after market close you take the 'readings'?

In my view, no it doesnt because after market close there is no MM activity only ECNs trade and this wont affect the readings for the above.

Paul

Trader333 said:
In my view, no it doesnt because after market close there is no MM activity only ECNs trade and this wont affect the readings for the above.

Paul

A fair point Paul but what promted me to ask the question was that when I 'prepared' the two grids that Grey1 told us to prior to the Paltalk session the results were significanlty different to the examples Grey1 put up. The 'sessions' thing is the only reason I can think of to explain that. Any other ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Hmm, It could be different datafeeds or even the way in which people have coded Macci. It is worth asking a few others or even Iraj as to why you may have such different readings to others.

Good Luck

Paul

evostik said:
A fair point Paul but what promted me to ask the question was that when I 'prepared' the two grids that Grey1 told us to prior to the Paltalk session the results were significanlty different to the examples Grey1 put up. The 'sessions' thing is the only reason I can think of to explain that. Any other ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Thank you very much Iraj & Fibbo for the very informative session today.

Steve, my figures for the same stocks were also different than what I could see from Iraj's attachment-although not by a great deal. it could be (as Paul mentions) that the input selections for the indicator may be different in the Divergence indicator than what may have been used by Iraj.

Raj

Edit- a slight mistake -I meant the exhaustion engine readings-these were slightly different- Grey1 has mentioned the possible cause to be with the different data feed sources

Last edited:
rajibde said:
Thank you very much Iraj & Fibbo for the very informative session today.

Steve, my figures for the same stocks were also different than what I could see from Iraj's attachment-although not by a great deal. it could be (as Paul mentions) that the input selections for the indicator may be different in the Divergence indicator than what may have been used by Iraj.

Raj

Hi Raj. Maybe you are right. There's not an awful lot of settings to adjust on the Divergence though so here below are mine. It would be interesting to know if yours are different.

Under GENERAL tab: I have 'update every tick'selected. I have 'auto detect max number bars study will refernce' selected. And, for some reason, I have 'load additional bars etc.' set to 50.

Under INPUTS I have 'number of bars' 1 and change-colour bars at 1 also.

How does this stack up to your settings?

Thanks for trying to help,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
evostik said:

Cheers

Steve

Hi

The reading should be exactly the same as mine unless your data feed is different. Some data feeds add the larger VWAP orders @ at different time which as a result could give you a different reading. Saying that, it should still be nearly the same . is your exhaustion engine readings OK ?

Grey1

evostik said:
Hi Raj. Maybe you are right. There's not an awful lot of settings to adjust on the Divergence though so here below are mine. It would be interesting to know if yours are different.

Under GENERAL tab: I have 'update every tick'selected. I have 'auto detect max number bars study will refernce' selected. And, for some reason, I have 'load additional bars etc.' set to 50.

Under INPUTS I have 'number of bars' 1 and change-colour bars at 1 also.

How does this stack up to your settings?

Thanks for trying to help,

Steve
ONLY $INDU MUST BE TICKED AS UPDATE EVERY TICK NOT THE STOCKS ..