Why do they do it?

Well someone asked a question about variance in poker and I gave them an answer based on my previous experience. I did not make any outlandish claims about earnings or anything (which I could have) and it shows the desperation of people in this forum that they have to jump on something as pathetic as a hand count claim from over 3 years ago.

Its a fact I played those hands.. the period was mid 2004 to mid 2007. A really long time ago now, I hope I can dig this out.

Oh and yes I played 7 days a week, pretty much all my waking life. Eat most of my meals at the computer, went to sleep at 9am most days. One of the reasons I wanted to get out.

Still it was the opportunity of a lifetime and quitting when I did was probably the biggest mistake of my life. Hey, we are all human.. except guys like Dion and Masquerade :D

Wait....so I question some simple facts about your poker and you try get personal? Seems like someone's trying to avoid answering a few simple questions.

...it shows the desperation of people in this forum that they have to jump on something as pathetic as a hand count claim from over 3 years ago.

Don't suddenly act all hard done by!

You should have done your homework on forum dynamics before you started posting.

You've got one clown (he'll be posting shortly) that once wrote: "I am not prepared to disclose my earnings on the internet...Therefore all I will give is disjointed information that does not allow someone to join up the dots". There are people on this site with some ridiculous claims but none will even pony up and give the type of info I am giving... [posts one days trading statement]"

In the interim he seems to have done a complete U-Turn and is drilling you for posting 8 months worth! LOL

You have to love it though.

Your PM count must be higher than my blood pressure ;-)

Last edited:
How do you mean? When you play 24 tables you have to play in a fairly uniform way due to time restrictions.

well i dont play poker online. but if its like real poker with only one pack of cards, you can find out information like:

probability of having the best hand
how much other players have bet in proportion to their account
how much players have bet in proportion to the total pot size
the order in which people bet

so if like in trend following you have 'people will always make bubbles" you can have in poker "people will always be bad gamblers". and you can make a rule based poker strategy like "if my probability of having best hand is X, and.... blah blah"

:?:

It is like a normal poker game. You see your cards and you see the cards on the board. You can see how much everyone who is playing the hand is sitting with on the table. Action goes clock-wise and button's last to act. You can see the size of the pot, how much they've bet and how much they have left behind. You can get software which makes notes on people and gives you stats about how many hands they play, how often they re-raise and from what position. how often they continuation bet on flop/turn etc. you can even buy hands on people (which is a shady area but illegal on some sites.)

oh so you would have to like tyoe that in to a computer in real life all the time?

are there any poker websites with like an API or a poker equivalent of FIX?

It is like a normal poker game. You see your cards and you see the cards on the board. You can see how much everyone who is playing the hand is sitting with on the table. Action goes clock-wise and button's last to act. You can see the size of the pot, how much they've bet and how much they have left behind. You can get software which makes notes on people and gives you stats about how many hands they play, how often they re-raise and from what position. how often they continuation bet on flop/turn etc. you can even buy hands on people (which is a shady area but illegal on some sites.)

Any idea where you can get this software from? Not the illegal part...

oh so you would have to like tyoe that in to a computer in real life all the time?

are there any poker websites with like an API or a poker equivalent of FIX?

You don't type it in. You need to select to save the hand histories. Then the tracking program analyses it and gives you the stats in running. I don't think there's any sites with API as they don't want to encourage bots on the site. Not to say that there aren't bots around.

Any idea where you can get this software from? Not the illegal part...

Pokertracker 3 or Hold em manager. Both have free trials.

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/

Is the software my brother uses now

EDIT: forgot the url of the miner:

http://www.idleminer.com/

Its not illegal to use any of these. Its probably against the TOS on some sites but they cant prove anything. Its just a way to collect hand history data on players, as if you had played with them before but you haven't. There's is nothing uncovered that couldn't be seen at the time- ie. its not cheating

FYI I didn't use the miner it didn't exist back when I used to play..

Last edited:
i dont mean bout looking at a players "hand history" (watever that is) but just that it looks like there are lots of probabilities and "trade sizes" in poker and you can nearly always rely on the average person to get it all wrong?

so just have an expectancy based poker strategy based on the fact that most people are crap at gambling rationally?

i dont mean bout looking at a players "hand history" (watever that is) but just that it looks like there are lots of probabilities and "trade sizes" in poker and you can nearly always rely on the average person to get it all wrong?

so just have an expectancy based poker strategy based on the fact that most people are crap at gambling rationally?

This used to work great at low stakes- you could play mechanically because the standard was so poor and so you could play many more tables than the higher stakes games which required alot of intuition and table feel. SNG tourneys were even worse, basically there was a purely maths based way to beat them, which is why you could play 20 at once even without stats software.

This is all old information from when I used to play 3+ years ago, things have probably gotten much harder even at the low end now and in the SNGs.

:?:

well the only thing i know about online poker is watching my housemates do it from uni. i went to good uni but still they were bloody stupid at it.

so... but.... well look in trading you can make good trading from joining in on position squeezes which is basically the same as bluffing with the bigger bloke.

and trend following is basically trading from people all following each other like in gold.

but as well alot of people in trading know about the mind bits of it and also the maths and the stats of it.

if the average poker punter is just the same as the average ratil punter, it should be easy just to squeeze there beans for protif no?

is this guy full of zhit or what?.lol

Every internet trading company has to have some thing to say when asked why they teach and not just make money instead with their vast knowledge. Well here's this guys save the world typings. =]

My Mission

I believe that by working together we can eliminate Global Poverty by 2110. That gives us 100 years to get it done. Money is not finite. It is a man made commodity, which I feel should and can be available to all.

I plan to do my part to end Global Poverty by helping you, and OptionGenius.com members like you attain financial independence. When you are no longer worried about money or earning a living, it changes your life. It changes your attitude about life and the way you live your life. You will be happier, less stressed, more generous with your time and money, and these feelings and emotions will transfer to your spouse, your children, and those around you.

The more happy, wealthy people we have, the more funds we will have to help those that need the help most. Happy people help others. By helping you, I expect you to go out and help others by giving your time, your money, or both.

And when people are happy and well fed, they feel no need to take from others. They are slower to anger. They no longer are forced to join organizations they disagree with so their family can have enough to eat. By helping eliminate Global Poverty, we also further the cause of World Peace.

My favorite charity is The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF). Their mandate is to help eliminate Global Poverty in the poorest areas of the world: Asia and Africa. By providing healthcare, education, infrastructure, and financial support they are changing lives everyday.

Here's my offer to you. If you donate $100 to AKF, I will spend 30 minutes on the phone with you talking about whatever you want: options, the markets, strategies, etc. Just forward me your donation receipt and we will schedule a time to talk.

To learn more and to donate please visit their website at:

http://www.partnershipsinaction.org/
Thank You!
The Option Genius

as wel anyone wants to donte to my Aga Kitchen Foundation it will be nice for me :)

page2_1.jpg

I would but a... Spatula city already hit me up!>
UHF - Town Talk, Spatula City