Why do they do it?

Yes Me. Interacting with dunces for a pittance isnt really my idea of fun

Would you consider interacting with those you describe as "dunces" for extremely large amounts of money instead ?

Paul

Would you consider interacting with those you describe as "dunces" for extremely large amounts of money instead ?

Paul

It is dishonorable not to offer to return course fees to someone who does not "get it." Selfishly, it consumes too much of the instructors time, minimizes the chances of a disgruntled student from publicly challenging your reputation and may provide a student to publicly praise you.

No I wouldnt. Its simply not a productive use of time, and more importantly its no fun.

That probably sounds quite selfish, but its not as if your passing on skills that make the planet a better place, generally, you'll be dealing with a bunch of greedy ****'s

Doing something because it makes you feel good is a selfish act. If it benefits others at the same time, then it is also a good thing. Win/Win.

Enjoying teaching and being good at it in the opinion of those who have gone on to succeed in a subject, feels good to me. Turning down offers from others to manage their money is my practice. I would rather teach them my strategy. It is part of my personality. I'm not trying to qualify it or justify it, it just is what it is.

The rest of your questions are lost on me. Perhaps you could rephrase them?

No matter. I think you have made your point well.

Google it n00b.

It's customary, as well as good manners, to attribute someone else's words when you quote them. I am sorry that my education is not up to yours and so I didn't immediately recognise the quote.

For fellow "n00bs", I will give a reference. According to Investopedia, Warren Buffett said it.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/01/051601.asp

The Dangers Of Over-Diversifying Your Portfolio
[...]
According to Warren Buffett: "wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing". In other words, if you diversify too much, you might not lose much, but you won't gain much either.

Quoting material out of context is something else done by people who do not know that they are talking about.

I have also paid for some online training in the past but I am still very very skeptical about online vendors.