Why do people lose money on the market?

Hang on all the physicals wipe each other out that leaves the joe 90's al the cash and when you get the cash you get the power, and when you get the power you get the women...... so the meak shall inherit indeed. And breed forth the super race?

SOCRATES said:
But it isn't a punt either...:LOL: ....I expect you will next recommend all the members here who have difficulties ought to work in the city to eradicate them.....:LOL: ...if you consider it to be a solution like the application of some patent medicine....then you ought to bottle it and sell it.....:LOL: ...

Not at all socrates, don't see how it would help at all, my city reference was purely on the basis that those who have and/or do, don't spend their free time worrying about their subconcious emptying their bank accounts. They concentrate simply on simple statistical edges and making sure their positions make alot more that they lose. Surely after all this time on the boards with all your cryptic posts, you must have come to realise this along the way? and no its not a punt is it, its business and thus should be treated like one... its all very simple really.

Phoenix 7 said:
Is it so that the meak shall inherit the earth type thing?
No, in case you have not noticed, trading is not about parables from the bible, it is about something completely different that the majority cannot confront.

Lets see if this can be progressed.......
It could turn out to be very interesting....so what is the root of it then ?

wasp said:
Not at all socrates, don't see how it would help at all, my city reference was purely on the basis that those who have and/or do, don't spend their free time worrying about their subconcious emptying their bank accounts. They concentrate simply on simple statistical edges and making sure their positions make alot more that they lose. Surely after all this time on the boards with all your cryptic posts, you must have come to realise this along the way? and no its not a punt is it, its business and thus should be treated like one... its all very simple really.
I agree with you.

I am interested not in you but to see if those without professional experience are able to get to the root of it.

They cannot confront themselves, which is the same thing as to deny GOD himself. For through us he lives and it matters not his experience for that is his purpose?

wasp said:
Not at all socrates, don't see how it would help at all, my city reference was purely on the basis that those who have and/or do, don't spend their free time worrying about their subconcious emptying their bank accounts.
Exactly
No inteference from emotions. No dependancy on others. No excuses. Self-responsibility.
wasp said:
They concentrate simply on simple statistical edges and making sure their positions make alot more that they lose.
Exactly - probabilities
wasp said:
its business and thus should be treated like one... its all very simple really.
Exactly - simple in concept, but difficult for many to master. This realisation is either there or comes after lots of experience.

Charlton

good posts, god doesnt mind if you be a net cash winner or loser? so who minds in your mind? god loves emotion , god loves no emotion, god loves.

we all winners in life, because of it?

Dear city slickers

It would seem that certain posts in this thread here have upset those of a cut the bullsh1t nature. This I have observed in phrases such as “…cut out all the bulls1t” “I didn't read all the rubbish” and “even for your more pompouse members”.

I started this thread not from my own point of view, but upon reading other threads which seemed to indicate that the vast majority of people lose their socks on the stock market, and yet there really is no reason to lose anything. The reasons why such people lose their money intrigued the frontal lobe of my brain to such a degree that I am now finding it very hard to sleep at night. A consequence of which has now reduced me, a man of science, to ask favours from off the girlfriend in order to get me off to sleep at night. I understand from further studies that such favours can lead to fatigue and blisters both of which decreases concentration and this can become hazardous especially during trading hours. I’m sure you sympathise with my problems. I therefore created this thread in the hope of giving closure to this subject. Such comments as “cut the bulls1t” alas do not help me in obtaining “natural” sleep.

Charlton said:
Exactly
No inteference from emotions. No dependancy on others. No excuses. Self-responsibility.
Exactly - probabilities
Exactly - simple in concept, but difficult for many to master. This realisation is either there or comes after lots of experience.

Charlton
All of the above is quite correct.

But it seems as if what I ask is not understood.

My question remains:~

What is the root of it ? So far there hasn't been a proper answer.

SOCRATES said:
What is the root of it ? So far there hasn't been a proper answer.

Oooh! I know, I know... I won't say though, don't want to spoil your fun Socrates :LOL:

(Does it begin with an E?)

Vegetable

in2uxs said:
All vegitables have roots.

Strange though not unexpected and sadly commonplace on these boards.

The thread starter asks a question then waits for the answer which will prove his own preconceptions to be correct and ignores or ridicules any contrary suggestions, thus satisfying his own ego and achieving nothing apart from reinforcing his own ignorance leading him further and further away from the truth.

Plus ca change!

in2uxs said:
All vegitables have roots.

For a " man of science" it's a shame your skills don't reach as far as using the " spell check" button. Must be all the lack of sleep that prevents you operating the basic functions of your pc.
Maybe you can apply your rigorous scientific disciplines to the effects that lack of sleep have on decision making.

It is not lack of sleep that is of concern.

It is the perverse sexual acts that I must endure in oder to obtain sleep which is cause for concern.

Thus wise, I presently look like: :eek:

Dear Wasp ,I mentioned "the more pompous members " of this board in my earlier reply , I wondered if you had any inclination as to who this may be? I fear those of us who believe making profits to be the goal of trading are in the minority here , most seem to think money management, trading psychology and discipline are the holy grail .

Last edited:
henry766 said:
Dear Wasp ,I mentioned "the more pompous members " of this board in my earlier reply , I wondered if you had any inclination as to who this may be?

I have a pretty good idea, why?

It's just that i've been lectured on my ego and ignorance many times on this board and also by private message by said individual! Not that I mind good scrap ,with a worthy opponent, someone who can rock you with cruel insight , it's the insight i'm still waiting for.

Last edited:
I probably have too but its water of a ducks back as the saying goes... its only a chat board at the end of the day... big pinches of salt are required when reading alot of the time... As tsuntzu said once, the only really important thing is whether there is a + or - in front of your account balance on Friday evening...

in2uxs said:
It is not lack of sleep that is of concern.

It is the perverse sexual acts that I must endure in oder to obtain sleep which is cause for concern.

Thus wise, I presently look like: :eek:

I'm really not picking on you, trust me, you are not even on my radar, but... What the fck are you talking about???? If you want a confessional, try a priest. If you want to show off the fact that you appear to have just blagged your first girlfriend try the pub, but your social and sexual inadequacies are simply superfluous to this discussion board.